ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Tua Tagovailoa fractures hip
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 11-16-2019

Hearing Tua Tagovailoa’s hip injury is serious. Hip fracture. Similar to Bo Jackson’s career-ending injury. Surgery tonight or tomorrow morning. Praying for Tua and his family. 🙏

— Jim Nagy (@JimNagy_SB) November 16, 2019

[Reply]
Bwana 08:52 PM 11-16-2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fk9gtnld08
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 09:51 PM 11-16-2019
This injury is actually worse than Bo Jackson's. Bo didn't have a fracture he just had a dislocation & that immediately went back into place on its own. What got him was avascular necrosis that followed afterward, which causes the death of bone & cartilage. He never had surgery until the damage was so bad he had to have hip replacement.

Tua had a dislocation and fracture. Hopefully not the end of the world as he's having surgery tonight.

Brett Favre actually had avascular necrosis in his hip from an injury he got at the east-west shrine game. He played ~20 yrs in the NFL, still runs marathons, and has yet to have hip replacement:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2136357
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:00 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Statement from Alabama said he’s expected to make a full recovery.
yeah, to live a normal life. But, to play in the NFL as a starting QB?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:28 PM 11-16-2019
Think it's way too early to wonder about his QoL.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:30 AM 11-17-2019
Alabama should work out Kaepernick
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:58 AM 11-17-2019
Last year lots of camera shots of his parents. I almost was beginning to feel I knew them. This year haven’t seen a single one. Did they upset the camera man? Thoroughly enjoyed the interview last year when Tua explained how his dad beat him every time he messed up on the field. Hope the hip wasn’t a byproduct of those beatings.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:02 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Last year lots of camera shots of his parents. I almost was beginning to feel I knew them. This year haven’t seen a single one. Did they upset the camera man? Thoroughly enjoyed the interview last year when Tua explained how his dad beat him every time he messed up on the field. Hope the hip wasn’t a byproduct of those beatings.
Hell, they showed them in the stands when he got hurt today.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:12 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Hell, they showed them in the stands when he got hurt today.
That is one of the more cringe worthy things in sports.

"Holy potato this guy might be a vegetable for the rest of his life......LETS TAKE A LIVE LOOK TO SEE HOW DEVASTATED HIS PARENTS MUST BE RIGHT NOW"
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:10 PM 11-17-2019
People's insatiable appetites for constant updates on things has them speculating to a ridiculous degree on developments they know nothing about. He may have complications. He may not. Time will tell.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:32 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
People's insatiable appetites for constant updates on things has them speculating to a ridiculous degree on developments they know nothing about. He may have complications. He may not. Time will tell.
Thanks Doctor.
[Reply]
Sorry 04:01 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That is one of the more cringe worthy things in sports.

"Holy potato this guy might be a vegetable for the rest of his life......LETS TAKE A LIVE LOOK TO SEE HOW DEVASTATED HIS PARENTS MUST BE RIGHT NOW"
For reals idk why people enjoy seeing families in devastation
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:49 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Thanks Doctor.
I usually only sign my name Dr. ______ in official correspondence, but good burn, I guess.
[Reply]
sedated 02:47 PM 11-18-2019
Surgery successful on hip.

His Dr.: "Tua's prognosis is excellent, and we expect him to make a full recovery."
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 02:51 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Alabama should work out Kaepernick
:-) He should go back to college and get a degree in business. Because CK played himself out of a GUARANTEED contract with the 49er's. NIKE came to his rescue to support whatever agenda they are pushing.
[Reply]
TEX 06:04 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
Surgery successful on hip.

His Dr.: "Tua's prognosis is excellent, and we expect him to make a full recovery."
Outstanding!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up