ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Yes 115 82.14%
No 22 15.71%
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I like feeling included 3 2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
DaFace 09:15 AM 11-16-2019
Not really much more context needed. I just wonder sometimes after reading a lot of the comments around here.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:17 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Dude...I cannot imagine the pain of having physically been there and dealing with that. I saw it on TV and my fandom was shaken. You, sir, are a much better fan than I am.
Really good to gee you around, G.

Hope this finds you well.,
[Reply]
philfree 11:24 PM 11-16-2019
To much time on Chiefs Planet diminishes some of the joy but I definitely enjoy my fandom.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:34 PM 11-16-2019
I love my fandom and have dedicated so f'ing much to it but God please let us win another Super Bowl in my life time! Or 20!:-)
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:02 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
(On a personal note, my daughter is REALLY invested in the Chiefs right now since she's the same age as Mahomes, so it's turned into great dad-daughter time as she learns about the game)
I need to move to KC or get stationed at Whiteman so I can find a good Chiefs-loving woman. Too many Dallas fans down here.
:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:24 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Plus, Mahomes. (On a personal note, my daughter is REALLY invested in the Chiefs right now since she's the same age as Mahomes, so it's turned into great dad-daughter time as she learns about the game)
I went to Lambeau this preseason and saw families of packers fans with little kids in chiefs gear.

Coached flag football that had 10 more kids play this year ( in a town of 2.5k people) all because of watching mahomes.

Plus my kids are crazy into it.
It’s amazing what one player has done.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:25 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I need to move to KC or get stationed at Whiteman so I can find a good Chiefs-loving woman. Too many Dallas fans down here.
You don't want to do that.

Source: dude trust me
[Reply]
JakeF 04:53 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
This sounds bad, but when they win a SB my guess is that I'll feel more relief than happiness.
I can definitely understand this. I imagine everyone who's been a fan for decades feels it to a certain extent.

Every Sunday I scream at the tv, hanging on every play. If we lose I'm furious. If we win my happiness seems to get shorter and shorter each year that goes by. :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 04:55 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
You don't want to increase the level of your dedication. That just makes the pain worse when the Chiefs screw something up. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 06:15 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
Enjoy isn't an option; I'm loyal to a fault, but damn... this team has kicked me in the nuts more times than I can count.

If they shit the bed Monday night, I think this season is essentially wasted.

I've been a fan since I was 5. I'll be a fan until I die.

Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Pretty much the same...could never not be a fan even if I wanted that.

I just hope one day it'll come together and they'll win a Super Bowl. Have zero faith with this regime however.
[Reply]
Pilsner 06:47 PM 11-17-2019
My fandom took a hit during the Pioli years. You folks and your non-stop stream of profanity and vitriol are pretty much the only thing that kept me interested.

I admit to being a fair-weather now. Mahomes is obviously a big reason to watch, and is the only reason I keep a finger on the pulse anymore. I'd say that my relative disinterest in football has far less to do with the Chiefs and more to do with the product the NFL is putting on TV though. The game has become significantly less watchable in recent years. The non-stop ad breaks and endless penalties have all but completely driven me away from the league entirely. DaFace has made the point in many other threads, but it has become almost impossible to celebrate any play in the game without first holding your breath and scanning the field for an official throwing a flag. This happened in the Titans loss. Friends and I were cheering a touchdown by Kelce, only to be made to feel foolish several moments later by an official explaining something someone else was doing on the other side of the field actually negated the play.

As a casual, mostly football-ignorant fan, that shit feels terrible.

I enjoy watching the Chiefs, but lament the state of NFL football.
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 06:50 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Being a Chiefs fan is like a dry hand job
More like beating off with your thumb over the hole!!!!!
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 07:00 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I hate them.
I love them.
I love to hate them.
I hate to love them.
I'm conflicted.
I feel the same.
I wear my gear throughout every week, win or loss.
I have watched for 44 years, that being since birth since I grew up 11 miles from Arrowhead.
I will always love them, but will always feel pessimistic until they prove me wrong and win another Superbowl.
Those are my feelings about them.

P.S. Because Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
ClarkGriswold 07:02 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've grown up a Mizzou, Royals and Chiefs fan. The Bermuda Triangle of sports loyalty.
Ditto here on those three and the major heartache that has followed all three through the years, with some exceptions for the Royals.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:28 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The older I've gotten, the less I understand why people place so much of their identity and self-worth in the success of a football team. I understand getting upset over tough losses and bad coaches, but some tie their identity so closely to the team that criticisms of it are tantamount to attacks on their character. It's bizarre.

When I was in my 20's if UNC or the Raiders lost a game it bugged me so much I couldn't sleep and when I did I would wake up pissed off at the world.

Now In my 50's, Sure I want them to win but if they don't... I sleep like a baby.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:31 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
When I was in my 20's if UNC or the Raiders lost a game it bugged me so much I couldn't sleep and when I did I would wake up pissed off at the world.

Now In my 50's, Sure I want them to win but if they don't... I sleep like a baby.
You've never even seen your team live..
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up