ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Police find 26 children behind false wall at Colorado Springs daycare
JohnnyHammersticks 10:18 PM 11-14-2019
WTF????

Police find 26 children behind false wall at Colorado Springs daycare
Nick Budd
4 hours ago

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The state has suspended the license for Play Mountain Place daycare in Colorado Springs after 26 children were found behind a false wall in the owner’s basement. All of the children are under the age of three.

The owner, 58-year-old Carla Faith, is being investigated. A total of three adult workers were arrested, but those charges were cancelled pending an ongoing investigation.

On Wednesday, the department asked the Colorado Springs police to assist with a welfare check at the daycare after they received a complaint about the number of children the daycare was housing. When officers arrived, they didn’t find any children.

When they contacted the owner at her residence on the same property, she refused to cooperate. But officers could hear the children inside her home. They eventually found a false wall that led to the basement where they located the children.

The Colorado Springs Police Department has taken over the criminal portion of the investigation while all licensing matters are being handled by Colorado’s Department of Human Services. The department is also investigating other licensed facilities that are owned by Faith.

Anyone with any information about this case or any others is encouraged to contact the childcare complaint line at 1-800-799-5876.

Police have not identified the children or said if they were at all related to Faith.

https://kdvr.com/2019/11/14/police-f...mpression=true
[Reply]
Pogue 10:35 PM 11-14-2019
Sounds like the daycare owner was hiding the fact she was breaking state law on capacity for daycare.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:54 PM 11-14-2019
Or she was human trafficking or working with human traffickers... perhaps pedo traffickers.

Under age 3 though? I got a picture of that in my head, those poor darling toddlers. Very sad.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:09 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Sounds like the daycare owner was hiding the fact she was breaking state law on capacity for daycare.

Right. I imagined a small space in between an actual wall and a false one, and wondered if they were all still alive. Instead she was covering up access to her basement where she was keeping a large group of toddlers. Too large of a group for a daycare situation.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:14 AM 11-15-2019
Christ. My initial thought when I read the title was that they found the bodies of 26 children. At least they're alive.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:07 AM 11-15-2019
Sounds much more sinister than it is, but still, if that false wall decided to stick during a fire or something like that it’d be a disaster... she won’t be running any more daycares
[Reply]
Pogue 07:10 AM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Or she was human trafficking or working with human traffickers... perhaps pedo traffickers.

Under age 3 though? I got a picture of that in my head, those poor darling toddlers. Very sad.
Originally Posted by :
Police officers tell FOX21 News that when they raided the house, they found 26 kids, under the age of three years old, hidden in a basement behind a false wall, with two adults. Officers say the wall was specifically designed to hide kids from inspectors or parents on tours of the facility.

“I’m completely betrayed. Every parent I talk to, we feel completely betrayed. It’s so hard to trust your children with people,” mother Jeanette Condi said. “We feel like we could trust them and then they’re hiding all of this.”

Three employees were initially charged with neglect, but police have since dismissed those charges.

“I’m hoping this is a really poor judgment by Carla,” Sherry Macwilliam said. “She’s trying to accommodate parents, not inconvenience parents. She seems like a really great person and a great spirit.”

Faith also owns the Counterpoint School Daycare for kids 3-12 just west on Williamette. Both of Faith’s licenses are suspended.

Three employees and Faith are being investigated by police.

Hopefully this gets clarified very soon, I think it’s an excellent place to bring your kid,” mother Sherri Musgrave said.

This isn’t the first time DHS has found issues with the daycare. In December2016, they found supervision problems and student/teacher ratio violations. DHS found a similar issue in May of 2017.

Many families said they kept bringing their younger kids back to Play Mountain Place and Counterpoint because of positive experiences.

I wouldn’t send them anywhere else,” said David Fine, whose grandchildren have attened both facilities.

“Day after day, month after month, year after year, it’s a super positive place. It’s a super beautiful place with people that love them and also educate them. What else could you want for your kids?”

https://www.fox21news.com/top-storie...igate-neglect/

Possibly going to get fined and be forced to sell, I don’t see the state permitting the owner anymore. Very lucky the toddlers weren’t trapped in a fire or something with that false wall.
[Reply]
scho63 08:34 AM 11-15-2019
Winning answer on first post! :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:47 AM 11-15-2019
Sounds like she was preparing dinner for a Democratic fundraiser.
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:50 AM 11-15-2019
CP is where I always come for my daycare permit non-compliance news.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:53 AM 11-15-2019
That's how it would appear.

No doubt Taco John has a different theory. Some how, some way, Hillary was responsible.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:52 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
That's how it would appear.

No doubt Taco John has a different theory. Some how, some way, Hillary was responsible.
This is site #17 coowned by Clinton and the Epsteins. The children here were all created in test tubes, and subsisted on a protein diet from the blended remains of fetuses aborted in planned parenthood facilities, or at least that's what gateway pundit told me.
[Reply]
manchambo 01:10 PM 11-15-2019
Was there any pizza on site?
[Reply]
banyon 01:46 PM 11-15-2019
This person needs to be put under the prison.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:51 PM 11-15-2019
Just saw an interview with one of the visibly shaken mothers on OAN and she was crying, saying now she feels she can't trust anyone and there's no place safe to take her kids. She said that "all of the parents feel betrayed" by the daycare owner.

I can't even imagine. They'd have to pry my fingers from the daycare owner's neck with a crowbar.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up