ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>This is what common core was all about...
Taco John 01:42 PM 11-11-2019
So glad I send my kids to private school.

When they created common core, it seemed like it was about math and science, but this is what it was really about: culture. They want to reorder it for their family destroying agenda.

My one criticism of this lesson is that the children who got the answer wrong werenít immediately expelled. pic.twitter.com/6SoKBatNu2

— Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) November 11, 2019


[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:03 PM 11-11-2019
What is your specific concern with the mathematics portion of the Common Core? Also, what does this video have to do with Common Core?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:07 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
So glad I send my kids to private school.

When they created common core, it seemed like it was about math and science, but this is what it was really about: culture. They want to reorder it for their family destroying agenda.



Common core isn't needed, but it's not part of some grand conspiracy to destroy families.

"Hey, we should destroy families."

"Good idea. How? Should we rig the economy to eliminate the middle class? Financial stress ends marriages, you know."

"Nah, that's too far-fetched."

"What if we started teaching math using an unnecessary and pointlessly complicated method?"

"My god, that plan is just crazy enough to work!"
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:14 PM 11-11-2019
Didn’t watch the clip but this is a well known troll account on twatter
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:42 PM 11-11-2019
Not surprising an educator like Pitt Gorilla ( aka monkey) supports Common Core.
Results Are In: Common Core Is Making American Kids Dumber

The kids can't read, write, or count as well as they used to. Other than that, this is all going swimmingly.

I spent half of my elementary and high school years in Catholic schools, where the learning was a bit more tailored to a student's abilities. Not surprisingly, I learned more in those schools.

The avalanche of evidence about Common Core's failure will no doubt be used by liberals as evidence that schools and teachers need more money.
I recall that leaked email of Hilldawg's where she said to keep the people dumbed-down and compliant. Pitt, like a good monkey obeys right on que despite it's LACK of RESULTS.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:43 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
So glad I send my kids to private school.

When they created common core, it seemed like it was about math and science, but this is what it was really about: culture. They want to reorder it for their family destroying agenda.


It was obvious from the beginning that common core was a bad idea.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:44 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Not surprising an educator like Pitt Gorilla ( aka monkey) supports Common Core.

Results Are In: Common Core Is Making American Kids Dumber
You should be thrilled. Poorly educated people keep the GOP and Libertarians afloat.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:45 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
You should be thrilled. Poorly educated people keep the GOP and Libertarians afloat.
NOPE.

Another ASSumption.
[Reply]
Taco John 03:49 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What is your specific concern with the mathematics portion of the Common Core? Also, what does this video have to do with Common Core?
Yikes...


[Reply]
Taco John 03:50 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Didnít watch the clip but this is a well known troll account on twatter
Yes, I know. It's a satire account. The content is still relevant.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:50 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
NOPE.

Another ASSumption.
YUP. Even Trump knows it's true. No dipshits = no victory on election day.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:51 PM 11-11-2019
Did you say something?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:52 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Did you say something?
I accept your surrender.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:53 PM 11-11-2019
Is there someone talking in a manner worth listening to? I don't think so.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It was obvious from the beginning that common core was a bad idea.
Common core, to my eyes, is a really shitty foundation for teaching advanced mathematics. Like - incredibly awful.

But it's also an extremely intuitive way of looking at numbers for basic, day to day mathematics and doesn't begin to show cracks until you really get to calculus level stuff.

I, being a nerd, was on the standard academic teams and stuff as a kid and part of those teams were mental math competitions where you basically just popped off answers as soon as the question was finished or you just weren't gonna be fast enough. And when you're trying to do really fast mental math, unless you're someone with perfect recall and you can really 'see' all those formulas in your head, you end up working it almost exactly like they teach common core math.

For day to day use, the overwhelming majority of people use math in the same manner common core is taught. Some don't because they were simply never taught it that way (or weren't drilled on it) and some don't because they have those high-level mathematical brains that simply process numbers incredibly well. They really can 'see' those kind of written formulas (as we were taught it) in their head.

But most people's brains don't work that way and so trying to mentally do that sort of stuff is just over-complicating things for them and making them slower and worse. And with the processing power readily at your fingertips nowadays, base-level mathematical functions are all 90% of the population needs.

That other 10% has to reinvent the wheel at some point if they're going into advanced math, but they also have a brain wired in a way that makes that all pretty easy for them.

I hate common core math because it's shit I have to re-learn in order help my kids with their homework, but that doesn't mean it's facially stupid. I can see how it's hindering overall test scores because by providing a poor foundation for advanced level math, those scores will be hurt. But I feel like it makes the day to day use of numbers all the easier for the majority of people.

And that's far more useful than scoring higher on standardized tests. It really does get back to the bitching and moaning I was fond of in High School - "Seriously, what the !@#$ do I need to learn imaginary numbers for or how to hand-figure a cosine for? I'm not gonna be a physicist and a calculator's gonna do this stuff for me..."

It's educations attempt to provide more real-world applicability to fundamental mathematical concepts. And it's at a level far beneath the folks that are going to make major breakthroughs in math anyway so there's probably no harm done to the actual world we live in.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up