ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 72
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
ArrowheadMagic 11:32 PM 11-16-2019
All this for a school who hasnt won a conference championship since they shared it with KU in 1968? Man.. you guys put a lot more into this than the school does. Tough conference to figure it out in. Could be worse.. you could be Arkansas in the west.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:20 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Matrix:
If that's true, then they need to go to DIII.

It isn’t.

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How the hell does MU not have money? I thought the SEC was 2nd to the B1G and were swimming in cash

The Athletic Department’s costs have exploded - primarily administrative costs - while revenue in basketball and football has dropped off a bit.

They also have spent a lot of money on nonrevenue sports facilities upgrades. Dumb expenditures when football and hoops weren’t operating at high levels.

They have to stay at a certain number of nonrev sports to remain in D1 and in the SEC, but they could trim 1 men’s and 2 women’s sports and save several million dollars.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:46 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It isn’t.

The Athletic Department’s costs have exploded - primarily administrative costs - while revenue in basketball and football has dropped off a bit.

They also have spent a lot of money on nonrevenue sports facilities upgrades. Dumb expenditures when football and hoops weren’t operating at high levels.

They have to stay at a certain number of nonrev sports to remain in D1 and in the SEC, but they could trim 1 men’s and 2 women’s sports and save several million dollars.
Would that pass Title IX muster?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:09 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Would that pass Title IX muster?

As long as resources remain proportional.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:10 PM 11-17-2019
I think the most interesting aspect about this team is just how fucking allergic they are to actually racking up the turnovers that hit them right in their fucking hands. Remarkable really.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:59 PM 11-21-2019
Anyone see Sterk's comments?

It was a lot of AD speak but my God...he talked about being excited about becoming bowl eligible as if that's some great accomplishment for Odom and this team.

He's really going to limp dick his way to a 6-6 record and be brought back...ugh.
[Reply]
Matrix 04:16 PM 11-22-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Anyone see Sterk's comments?

It was a lot of AD speak but my God...he talked about being excited about becoming bowl eligible as if that's some great accomplishment for Odom and this team.

He's really going to limp dick his way to a 6-6 record and be brought back...ugh.
I'm done with them and I'm not the only one. Good luck selling this trash to the state and recruits next year and beyond.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:18 PM 11-22-2019
Would be Mizzou as hell
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:21 PM 11-22-2019
Because Mizzou
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:44 PM 11-22-2019
So...has Odom been whacked yet?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:17 PM 11-22-2019
I could easily see them bringing Odom back, but you can never take what these kind of people say in press conferences.

Also how could Odom possibly canned? Just look at the kids GPAs!
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 10:13 AM 11-23-2019
An Odom firing and a ruling in the appeal would be a fantastic way to round this season out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:24 AM 11-23-2019
So... Brian Harsin, Luke Fickell (top guys they could get to take the job) move the needle for this group?

I don’t know that either one is a splashy hire, but think both are upgrades from Odom. If they have to dip further into the pool, I think Blake Anderson at Arkansas State would be a guy to consider, too.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:31 AM 11-23-2019
Hopefully they finally get over the "True Son" bullshit. Hiring both Kim Anderson and Odom were monumentally stupid decisions.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:33 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
So... Brian Harsin, Luke Fickell (top guys they could get to take the job) move the needle for this group?

I don’t know that either one is a splashy hire, but think both are upgrades from Odom. If they have to dip further into the pool, I think Blake Anderson at Arkansas State would be a guy to consider, too.
There is no way they will get the top candidates considering all the job openings there will be (FSU, MSU, Arkansas, probably Auburn) so I am willing to roll the dice.

Sure as hell beats having Odom around for another year.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 72
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up