ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Breaking Bad: The Movie
Third Eye 03:32 PM 08-23-2019
Admittedly, I don’t keep up with pop culture much, but how did I not know that a Breaking Bad movie was coming? I’m also surprised that given its popularity a thread hadn’t already been started.

Here’s a nice summary for all the luddites like me that didn’t know this was coming:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...455959%3famp=1

Hopefully they don’t shit on their legacy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:13 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
The problem with Todd's weight gain was that the scenes that he was in were all flashbacks to the end of season 5. They should have tried to make the characters look as similar to that time period as possible. They did a great job making Jesse look the same (for those scenes, as well as all the other ones).
Totally. In my head canon Todd’s scenes were 6 months before WW’s return from ABQ - and after pizza time with Jesse Uncle Jack and Lydia put Todd on a diet. Which, Todd was okay with because Todd.
[Reply]
DrRyan 12:38 AM 10-13-2019
Thoroughly entertained. Are people really bitching about Todd's weight gain? That seems like a contrarian beef just to be contrarian...
[Reply]
jjjayb 01:16 AM 10-13-2019
Vince Gilligan really really really knows how to build suspense in a scene. He's a ****ing master at making you hold your breath.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:59 AM 10-13-2019
Skyler was a great character, well played by Anna Gunn, but I'm still on the first Mrs. Gadzooks so I couldn't fully comprehend all of the emotions her character implied. (Maybe when I try to move up to Mrs. Gadzooks #2 I'll find out.).
Gus is the character that got to me. I was living that at the time of watching the show. A douche bag trying to make an example out of me. his ending was fantastic until I realized my real life Gustavo was still alive and well...
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:38 AM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
Vince Gilligan really really really knows how to build suspense in a scene. He's a ****ing master at making you hold your breath.
I had a friend tell me there was no suspense in this movie. I was like, "Are you serious?"
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:26 AM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Thoroughly entertained. Are people really bitching about Todd's weight gain? That seems like a contrarian beef just to be contrarian...
You seem to be confusing the meaning of the word 'contrarian' for the word 'critical'.

There's nothing contrarian about it. EVERYONE noticed he was heavier. Pointing it out isn't really going against any prevailing narrative.
[Reply]
TLO 09:34 AM 10-13-2019
Just finished it this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:38 AM 10-13-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sorry 02:46 PM 10-13-2019
I would've liked if they made it a mini series.. like 5 episodes but I loved the ending for Jessie. It was nice closure.
[Reply]
eDave 05:00 PM 10-13-2019
Watched it last night. Didn't even notice the aging. Was a fun ride.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:14 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I would've liked if they made it a mini series.. like 5 episodes but I loved the ending for Jessie. It was nice closure.
Exactly. It was the love letter Breaking Bad fans deserved.

No revelation. Just what you said. Closure. I think we all wanted Jesse to finally, after all this time, get to live the life HE wanted. I mean he did some fucked up shit, was far from perfect, but he kinda suffered enough.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:38 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
That probably would have been overkill. I don't think the point was to drag out Jessie's redemption. Better call saul, on the other hand, has been worth the slow hand.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:49 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Exactly. It was the love letter Breaking Bad fans deserved.
Well said. I watched it last night to try to get my mind off our beloved football team and it largely worked.
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:39 AM 10-15-2019
Watched it last night. It isn't bad, and I don't think it hurt the show's legacy in any way, but ultimately it was kinda pointless. The few seconds of the kid driving away in the El Camino in BB's last episode was more impactful than the story they told in this two hour movie, imo.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:32 AM 10-15-2019
Fat Damon took me out just a touch, and I am not sure this was necessary, but it was indulgent to dip back into this universe. The cinematography, writing, and direction is so wonderful. I don't understand why Vince Gilligan isn't involved in big budget fare for hollywood.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up