ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump considering pardoning war criminals on memorial day
RodeoPants2 08:34 PM 05-18-2019
Has there even been a president who has disrespected and pissed on the military more?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/18/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Originally Posted by :
President Trump has indicated that he is considering pardons for several American military members accused or convicted of war crimes, including high-profile cases of murder, attempted murder and desecration of a corpse, according to two United States officials.

The officials said that the Trump administration had made expedited requests this week for paperwork needed to pardon the troops on or around Memorial Day.

One request is for Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher of the Navy SEALs, who is scheduled to stand trial in the coming weeks on charges of shooting unarmed civilians and killing an enemy captive with a knife while deployed in Iraq.

The others are believed to include the case of a former Blackwater security contractor recently found guilty in the deadly 2007 shooting of dozens of unarmed Iraqis; the case of Maj. Mathew L. Golsteyn, the Army Green Beret accused of killing an unarmed Afghan in 2010; and the case of a group of Marine Corps snipers charged with urinating on the corpses of dead Taliban fighters.

[Reply]
stumppy 06:38 AM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Liberals here are upset that an American hero was acquitted. They would side with ISIS first. Disgraceful.
Link? Curious to see what they've posted since he was acquitted.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:22 AM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
ďThe panel of five Marines and two sailors, including a SEAL, were mostly seasoned combat veterans who served in Iraq and several had lost friends in war.Ē
https://www.apnews.com/e3f009f195944d1f99b5c4ccd6bb31d2

I think he had a very favorable panel (jury equivalent). Jury of his peers.....
Why, as you stated, they got people who were actually peers, not just random people in the military? So it makes a lot of sense actually.

Posing the the corpse of a dead motherfucking useless animal terrorist might not be the most advisable thing to do, but I don't think many people who have been in combat is going to freak out too much. I might suggest you'd have to look far and wide to find a combatant who thinks that sort of action deserves more than a "talking to" by his boss.
[Reply]
Sorry 12:32 PM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Liberals here are upset that an American hero was acquitted. They would side with ISIS first. Disgraceful.
You're a sheep.
[Reply]
Coyote 03:43 PM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Why, as you stated, they got people who were actually peers, not just random people in the military? So it makes a lot of sense actually.

Posing the the corpse of a dead mother****ing useless animal terrorist might not be the most advisable thing to do, but I don't think many people who have been in combat is going to freak out too much. I might suggest you'd have to look far and wide to find a combatant who thinks that sort of action deserves more than a "talking to" by his boss.
https://taskandpurpose.com/video-navy-seal-war-crimes

https://taskandpurpose.com/reenlisti...rpse-war-crime

Yeah Iím sure that judgment wasnít a strength of the officers and Chiefs for some of this. But dark military humor is part of the shtick. Thatís likely what got this conviction by that panel. An E 7 pulling this was likely a large factor.

Just a simple example from my junior officer non combat reenlistment poor judgment days. So Judgment may not have been my strength either regarding Grabassery and reenlistments in my youth.

I used to re-enlist Sailors and Marines by giving them their oath of enlistment while they were in the backseat of a Hornet that I pushed supersonic through the Grand Canyon.

Got a deserved FAA flight violation every time. Filed them with the Skipper (an old Vietnam war dog O6 and back then we basically laughed at the FAA) He started flying all the reenlistment supersonic hops to protect his pups. Completely different era with very few cameras.

As a Commander at different levels in combat, I dealt with more videoed crap of all kinds. Inversely proportional to combat tempo. I was usually waking up to some Emails from CONUS asking what I was doing about x. Every guy I knew was keeping it and dealing with it. Ghost riding Combat vehicles in Fallujah for utube was a particular favorite.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:08 PM 07-05-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
https://taskandpurpose.com/video-navy-seal-war-crimes

https://taskandpurpose.com/reenlisti...rpse-war-crime

Yeah Iím sure that judgment wasnít a strength of the officers and Chiefs for some of this. But dark military humor is part of the shtick. Thatís likely what got this conviction by that panel. An E 7 pulling this was likely a large factor.

Just a simple example from my junior officer non combat reenlistment poor judgment days. So Judgment may not have been my strength either regarding Grabassery and reenlistments in my youth.

I used to re-enlist Sailors and Marines by giving them their oath of enlistment while they were in the backseat of a Hornet that I pushed supersonic through the Grand Canyon.

Got a deserved FAA flight violation every time. Filed them with the Skipper (an old Vietnam war dog O6 and back then we basically laughed at the FAA) He started flying all the reenlistment supersonic hops to protect his pups. Completely different era with very few cameras.

As a Commander at different levels in combat, I dealt with more videoed crap of all kinds. Inversely proportional to combat tempo. I was usually waking up to some Emails from CONUS asking what I was doing about x. Every guy I knew was keeping it and dealing with it. Ghost riding Combat vehicles in Fallujah for utube was a particular favorite.
I like the idea of military men being judged about actions in combat by people who have been in combat. It just makes sense.

That being said, they can be the harshest too, so it really is a double-edge sword.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:01 PM 07-06-2019
1) if any of these cases occurred during the Obama administration, they are of no effect.

2)There is no such thing as a "guilty American serviceman" in the Mideast.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:04 PM 07-06-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
You're a sheep.
Libs and socialists love isis, it's a fact.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:45 PM 11-15-2019
It looks like Trump figures rodeopants2 can go **** himself.

Originally Posted by :
Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher

President Trump has granted clemency to two Army officers accused or convicted of war crimes and restored Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher to the rank of chief petty officer after he was docked a pay grade after being convicted of posing for a photo with a dead Islamic State (ISIS) fighter, the White House announced Friday....
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ddie-gallagher
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:47 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It looks like Trump figures rodeopants2 can go **** himself.



https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...ddie-gallagher
Excellent. The system works!
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 07:20 PM 11-16-2019
Yeah the president has freed war criminals and dishonored every honest soldier but definitely go ahead and cheer because it's pissing me off.

That's actually a microcosm of the whole disgusting republican party.
[Reply]
patteeu 07:24 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Yeah the president has freed war criminals and dishonored every honest soldier but definitely go ahead and cheer because it's pissing me off.

That's actually a microcosm of the whole disgusting republican party.
Everything, no matter how noble or disgusting, goes a little bit better with your butthurt. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 07:28 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Yeah the president has freed war criminals and dishonored every honest soldier but definitely go ahead and cheer because it's pissing me off.

That's actually a microcosm of the whole disgusting republican party.
Stop pretending that you give a shit about these soldiers. You're probably just pissed that Trump is reversing more of Obama's rulings than anything else. I doubt you even know any of their stories outside the skimming you did to start another TDS thread.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:07 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Yeah the president has freed war criminals and dishonored every honest soldier but definitely go ahead and cheer because it's pissing me off.

That's actually a microcosm of the whole disgusting republican party.
The next time this cock sucker actually cares about our soldiers will be the first.
Catch aids soy boy.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:26 PM 11-16-2019
If Trump can pardon "war criminals" (said tongue in cheek) then he can pardon Roger Stone. Even Flynn at that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:04 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Yeah the president has freed war criminals and dishonored every honest soldier but definitely go ahead and cheer because it's pissing me off.

That's actually a microcosm of the whole disgusting republican party.
Yes the UnAmerican left is an absolute beacon of respect for the US Military.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up