BryanBusby 08:33 AM 11-16-2019

Here to stay.

Nebraska announces 2-year extension for @coach_frost.#GBR

— Nebraska Huskers (@Huskers) November 16, 2019

GBR NFM
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:35 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
They've lost some talent but Fleck has really benefited from last years season and recruited well. I think they are projected to win 8 games? Their schedule looks pretty easy though.

Its funny how everyone forgets they barely beat some shitty teams at the beginning of last year. Hell go back the year before and Frost and Co. spanked them.

Minnesota and Wisconsin are what give me up. I get that it's no longer easy to win in Lincoln anymore but Wisconsin continues to be a top 15 team almost year in and year out. No reason Nebraska cant do that. I've been pleased with the offensive linemen weve been recruiting. The only thing that gives me pause is the DC who is Frosts best friend and hasnt been shit anywhere .

Atleast I'm being realistic. Nebraska's only path moving forward is continue to get top 25 recruiting classes and development of that talent. You'll have years with a soft schedule maybe you lose 1 game but still have a shot st the playoffs especially if they expand the field which I think happens in the next 5 years.

First things first gotta win enough games to make a bowl and hopefully during that process acquire a signature win. Beat Wisconsin, Iowa, or Penn State this year. Do that I think you can forgive fumbling the first 2 years.

With that said say they miss making a bowl game again this year then year 4 is absolutely make or break and by that point I think recruiting slips and you have a lame duck coach.
Would have to agree. At some point the novelty is going to wear off and there will need to be results.

After all the weird shit lately, sometime it's just nice to talk about football and am holding out a slim bit of hope that stadiums will at least be somewhat full this year.

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I'm all in on Frost, but I admit, I expected better last season. The thing is, Huskers were a dominant program for years, but really haven't been relevant for basically 2 decades. The culture has been completely destroyed. You can't fix in 2 years what took 20 to break. BUT...it feels like things should be moving in the right direction. Only time and wins will tell. But, I'm on board with a 4-5 year plan to get back to relevance. Not dominance, just be competitive and relevant again. I hope Scott can do that, cuz if he can't...well...

...Go Chiefs...
The hard part is really getting that much time anymore with the give me results now era. I'm somewhat guilty about this myself, but fuck I knew Barry Odom was a useless sack of ass from the start.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up