ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Streaming Content from PC to Xbox
Skyy God 11:10 AM 11-12-2019
Looking to stream 4K movies/shows from my Xbox One X. Plex’s reviews are crap these days.

Any alternatives?
[Reply]
Fish 12:16 PM 11-12-2019
Streaming what? Your own content on a network share? Content from the XBox One itself? Or are you wanting a movie/TV pirate source on your Xbox One?
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:46 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Streaming what? Your own content on a network share? Content from the XBox One itself? Or are you wanting a movie/TV pirate source on your Xbox One?
“Ripped” files from a network share, yes.

Assume the options are Kodi and Plex.
[Reply]
Fish 12:58 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
“Ripped” files from a network share, yes.

Assume the options are Kodi and Plex.
Yeah, the best options at least. I'd try Kodi. It's great for cross-network streaming.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:16 PM 11-12-2019
I use Plex to stream my movie collection (over 1,000 movies) to my family and friends. It works great for me and I highly recommend it.

I've used it to stream to other PCs, iPhones, iPads, Xbox systems, Roku, Amazon Fire Sticks, and smart TVs. It works great over the Internet. On a typical night I see 2-3 people streaming content from my Plex server.
[Reply]
Fish 07:39 PM 11-12-2019
If you want to share your library with more than one or two devices, Plex is the better platform. But it requires a subscription to unlock all the fun stuff. Kodi is free, but will require manual configuration of every device you use.
[Reply]
Up