ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 61
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Orlando Brown requests trade from Ravens, wants to play LT
Sofa King 01:40 PM 02-10-2021
Moving on from Fisher? Probably not.

Cap room for him? Not really, but moves could be made.

Draft capital for him? Maybe, but we're awfully low in the draft.

Tunsil trade (For record-keeping purposes, the trade saw the Dolphins acquire first-round picks in 2020 and 2021 and a second-round pick in 2021 along with offensive tackle Julién Davenport and defensive back Johnson Bademosi in exchange for Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection.)

https://www.nfl.com/news/orlando-bro...nts-to-play-lt

It only took the Ravens a little over a year to learn their selection of Orlando Brown was a wise one, but they've met a new challenge with the tackle that could be their last.

Brown has expressed his desire to be traded, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. After spending the majority of 2020 on the left side in place of the injured Ronnie Stanley, Brown has found his comfort zone and does not want to return to the right side. He'll only play for a team that will line him up at his preferred left tackle position, per Rapoport.

Rapoport added the Ravens value Brown significantly and would need major compensation in order to do a deal.

Brown's background is on the left side, but he ended up in Baltimore as a right tackle after a poor pre-draft showing saw him slide from a first-round projection to an eventual third-round pick of the Ravens. He blossomed in 2019 and especially in 2020 after switching to the left side to replace Stanley, earning his second straight trip to the Pro Bowl -- and first as an initial selection. Thanks to Brown's quick adjustment to the left side of the line, Baltimore didn't lose much in offensive production following Stanley's injury, finishing as the league's No. 1 rushing offense for a second straight season.

Brown's success on the left side and desire to remain there might very well also be tied to the financial ramifications of the tackle position. As it currently stands, there is a $5 million per year difference between the league's highest-paid right tackle (Philadelphia's Lane Johnson) and left tackle (Green Bay's David Bakhtiari). Of the top 10 highest-paid tackles in the NFL (in terms of average salary per year), only two -- Johnson and Las Vegas' Trent Brown -- are right tackles.

Orlando Brown missed out on significant money typically afforded to first-round picks right around the moment when he racked the bar after just 14 bench-press reps during a nightmarish 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. He's made a little over $1.8 million in base salary total in his first three seasons, and though he will see a significant boost in 2021 (base salary of $3.38 million) due to the structure of his rookie deal, that's still an incredibly far cry from where tackles of his level land in compensation ranking.

After demonstrating his ability to effectively handle the transition from right to left tackle -- a return to his roots, essentially -- Brown is in a prime position to capitalize financially and beyond. He'll maximize his earning potential by remaining a left tackle, and he'll probably enjoy playing the game a bit more in a stance and vantage point that's more familiar to him, anyway.

If that doesn't fit in Baltimore, the Ravens will have to move him. And though this isn't exactly the best way to ensure maximum leverage in a deal, they'll probably still get a haul for him.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:08 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
No he won't.

They're not going to go into the season with no LT. Just stop.
You said the same thing at the beginning of last year.

You said i was wrong about our oline, that it would work itself out.

It didn't.

Mahomes got pounded most of the year
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:13 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
You said the same thing at the beginning of last year.

You said i was wrong about our oline, that it would work itself out.

It didn't.

Mahomes got pounded most of the year
No he didn't. JFC.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:17 PM 03-25-2021
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...201659263.html

Interesting take ^

"Chiefs releasing tackles Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher will make it harder for Ravens to trade Orlando Brown Jr."
[Reply]
staylor26 04:40 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:

Interesting take ^

"Chiefs releasing tackles Mitchell Schwartz and Eric Fisher will make it harder for Ravens to trade Orlando Brown Jr."
It’s a bad take to be completely honest.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:22 PM 03-25-2021
It depends on how far the asking price moves.

If you can get Orlando Brown for less draft picks than it would cost to trade up in the draft, you do it immediately.
I like this!
[Reply]
Stryker 05:25 PM 03-25-2021
It's fun to talk about is all.

It's not ever going to happen.
True - we can talk but the outcome is going to fall on deaf ears for the Ravens.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:05 PM 03-25-2021
I know it is an option and it is applicable and possible. I just don't like it though. I just hate the idea of giving up #31 and then also having to pay Brown as a top 3 LT, $18-$22 Million AAV that he would most likely demand.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:11 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I know it is an option and it is applicable and possible. I just don't like it though. I just hate the idea of giving up #31 and then also having to pay Brown as a top 3 LT, $18-$22 Million AAV that he would most likely demand.
It's quite a bit better than trading 2 first round picks to go up and get a guy that might not actually be a quality starting LT.

Orlando Brown is as close to a sure thing as you're going to get, honestly, given all of the current options.
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 PM 03-25-2021
It's quite a bit better than trading 2 first round picks to go up and get a guy that might not actually be a quality starting LT.

Orlando Brown is as close to a sure thing as you're going to get, honestly, given all of the current options.
I dunno. I’m not sure how he’s perform in a pass first offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I dunno. I’m not sure how he’s perform in a pass first offense.
You can't be sure a rookie can perform at all.
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:31 AM 03-26-2021

Interesting take ^

If those two were healthy, I think it make sense. As it is, I just don't see them affecting Brown's value currently.
[Reply]
arrwheader 11:43 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
If those two were healthy, I think it make sense. As it is, I just don't see them affecting Brown's value currently.
I think the point of the article is that they will likely be healthy next year so teams would just wait until next year when there's more talent available for a potential big pay day rather than over pay now for a guy in the sense of more options and no comp pick hit because they are cut.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:08 PM 03-26-2021
You guys are so thirsty for a LT you'd trade for this average turd. Id rather draft the kid from Texas than trade for Brown.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:11 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You guys are so thirsty for a LT you'd trade for this average turd. Id rather draft the kid from Texas than trade for Brown.
He's a 2 time Pro-bowler, and the kid from TX has top 20 measurables all-time for an OT according to his pro-day.

Neither player is average.

Say Baltimore is willing to accept #31 for Brown... Do you make the trade even though the top 5-8 OTs in 2021 draft are still available?

I think you do that deal, Probowler means top 5 OT in the league not just the draft, but that is also why he's prob worth more than just #31.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:30 PM 03-26-2021
He's a 2 time Pro-bowler, and the kid from TX has top 20 measurables all-time for an OT according to his pro-day.

Neither player is average.

Say Baltimore is willing to accept #31 for Brown... Do you make the trade even though the top 5-8 OTs in 2021 draft are still available?

I think you do that deal, Probowler means top 5 OT in the league not just the draft, but that is also why he's prob worth more than just #31.
Mostly at RT. Not a fan of giving a 1 and a new deal to him when we can get a better LT in the draft.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 61
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up