ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Hall of Classics>Class Action Suit
CosmicPal 10:18 AM 09-19-2005
I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm considering a class action suit against ESPN/ABC/Walt Disney and the Hearst Corporation.

I'm sorry, but this isn't so much about the Chiefs, but rather the blatant ignorance and bias displayed by the entire ESPN staff regarding last night's telecast.

I have already contacted ESPN directly, and my next voice of contact will be Rosa M. Gatti, Senior Vice President, and then a letter to the NFL.

I wasn't home all day yesterday, so I didn't set my DVR to record the game, so if anyone recorded the game I'd appreciate it if you PM me. If you're interested in filing a class-action suit, you may PM me as well.

Again, this isn't about the Chiefs- this is about presenting a fair, balanced, and unbiased program for all viewers. Sterling Sharpe must be wearing Randy Moss's briefs or something, 'cause I was, like most people have already indicated, sickened and disgusted by the blatant bias given to Randy Moss and the rest of the Raiders organization. It's a good gawddamn thing we didn't play a "Randy Moss" drinking game, 'cause we'd all have alcohol poisoning before the first quarter ever ended.

This was a football game between two historic franchises. A game matching arguably one of the best rivalries in sports. A game which featured both current and future Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball. This game displayed two teams that personify what football is all about, and what is should be all about. It is what football fans crave. It was a game loaded with stars that received little to absolutely no mention.

I'm sick and tired of watching a football game every now and then only to hear a biased view from an ex-jock who's only interest is to suck the cock of his "special" player. I'm not interested in making any money, I'm only interested in giving the fans a voice to expose their displeasure, so we might be able to enjoy future games without all the biasness.

BTW- Great game for the Chiefs, however the public wouldn't know that. To the average football fan, the Chiefs were lucky and Randy Moss would have won the game had they just thrown the ball to him every phucking play. Phuck you Sterling Sharpe. You'll be hearing from me- the pissed-off football fan.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:45 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by CosmicPal:
I will now retire to the corner of the room and avoid the Planet for a very long time as I’m rather embarrassed about all of this. So, sue me.
:-) If everyone did that, there would be no one posting :-)

Didn't mean to come off so harsh. It would be nice if we could do something to them for that horrid announcing crew. :-)
[Reply]
Calcountry 04:50 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by CosmicPal:
First of all- it was a patently stupid idea to begin with- and I’m rather embarrassed and humbled I even posted this to begin with. I don't know what in gawd's name I was thinking this morning when I wrote this, but the idea of the suit was beget by the fact so many peeps evidently felt the same way I did, and that is we were robbed of quality programming. Instead, it was nothing more than a bloody Moss orgy and I simply couldn’t take it anymore.

First of all, I had no intention of filing a suit for monetary gains, and I would never take it upon myself to solicit an attorney about something as ridiculous as a class action suit nor would I ever want that kind of media attention. It was nothing more than a feeble attempt at generating interest in people contacting ESPN to complain about the quality of last night’s programming. I should have just entitled the thread, “Write to ESPN and tell them to :-)

I did it myself- composed an email to ESPN stating my disgust with the choice of announcers and their bias behavior on national TV. I should have left it at that. But, I couldn’t…Here’s a copy of what I sent ESPN:

You guys are a bunch of phucktards.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled football fan who’s out of beer.

Take it for what it’s worth.

No, seriously- I feel pretty dumb now that I started such a thread. This is your opportunity to sue me for posting such idiocy on the web and taking up valuable ChiefsPlanet space.

I will now retire to the corner of the room and avoid the Planet for a very long time as I’m rather embarrassed about all of this. So, sue me.
Your thread sure entertained me today. Please continue with your creativity. :-)
[Reply]
CosmicPal 04:53 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by bunnytrdr:
Your thread sure entertained me today. Please continue with your creativity. :-)
I figured somebody besides gochiefs ought to do some entertaining around here.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 05:14 PM 09-19-2005
hmmmm, to me, Randy's catch was good, I don't hate the man like some of you do. And I..yes I, think we did get lucky...if SS bothered you so much ....you should of muted the tv and turn on the radio coverage...:-)

And please don't leave over this...everybody has a dumb moment now and then.....:-)
[Reply]
OldTownChief 05:21 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Tinlar:
The reason they are saying Moss got robbed was because he did. His TD catch was clean and that made them settle for 3 instead of 7. We won by more than 4 points so it hardly matters.
It would have mattered. The Raiders would have kicked a winning FG on 4th down at the end to put us in a deep hole.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:54 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by OldTownChief:
It would have mattered. The Raiders would have kicked a winning FG on 4th down at the end to put us in a deep hole.
Well, maybe, but then Dante would have run back the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown.
[Reply]
OldTownChief 06:05 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, maybe, but then Dante would have run back the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown.

:-)
[Reply]
Skip Towne 06:08 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:

And please don't leave over this...everybody has a dumb moment now and then.....:-)
I'm gonna trust you on that one......you should know.
[Reply]
chiefs4me 06:16 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
I'm gonna trust you on that one......you should know.

:-)
[Reply]
Valiant 06:27 PM 09-19-2005
great thing is you can prolly win some money...
[Reply]
Phobia 07:07 PM 09-19-2005
Dude, we already knew you were a dumbass. It's not like this thread outed you or anything. Kotter told us about it a long time ago. He has some special spider sense or something.
[Reply]
CosmicPal 07:10 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Dude, we already knew you were a dumbass. It's not like this thread outed you or anything. Kotter told us about it a long time ago. He has some special spider sense or something.
I have a phobia regarding stupidity
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:14 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by ENDelt260:
I got a check for $651 from a class action suit in the mail today.

Woot.

Um, carry on.

Defective deck?
[Reply]
Ugly Duck 08:10 PM 09-19-2005
OK... some of the stuff on this thread I can understand, like the thing about making the cheerleaders wear teenier uni's. But the "refs favor Oakland" thing is totally through the looking glass. And Moss gets all the spotlight wherever he goes. It was just the same when he wore Purple. The dude is on pace to break the Rice Records - he'll get all the glitter and glamour until he falls off of that pace. Difference is, now its the AFCW that has to put up with it.

Great pub for the Raiderz, and fills the stands as well. Jes plug your ears whenever you see the pundits begin to genuflect towards Moss. I hit the mute whenever that horrible woman on the sidelines does her Oprah thing about the players family lives and their inner feelings. Just mute out the Mossly adulation.

(Why do they let that woman blabber about stuff when the game is on? Sometimes she's still yacking about someone's brother as the ball is hiked. I just don't get it. She's absolutely horrible.)
[Reply]
chiefs4me 08:24 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck:
OK... some of the stuff on this thread I can understand, like the thing about making the cheerleaders wear teenier uni's. But the "refs favor Oakland" thing is totally through the looking glass. And Moss gets all the spotlight wherever he goes. It was just the same when he wore Purple. The dude is on pace to break the Rice Records - he'll get all the glitter and glamour until he falls off of that pace. Difference is, now its the AFCW that has to put up with it.

Great pub for the Raiderz, and fills the stands as well. Jes plug your ears whenever you see the pundits begin to genuflect towards Moss. I hit the mute whenever that horrible woman on the sidelines does her Oprah thing about the players family lives and their inner feelings. Just mute out the Mossly adulation.

(Why do they let that woman blabber about stuff when the game is on? Sometimes she's still yacking about someone's brother as the ball is hiked. I just don't get it. She's absolutely horrible.)

They should give her job to me...I could do it much better....:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up