ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 48
« First < 354142434445 464748 >
Media Center>Star Wars: Episode IX
Hammock Parties 07:39 PM 07-09-2018
Welp, time to start the thread because LANDO IS BACK.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ing-episode-ix

Originally Posted by :
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the long-gestating rumors that Billy Dee Williams will return to that galaxy far, far away and will reprise his role of Lando Calrissian for next year’s Star Wars: Episode IX!

Williams made his debut as the gambling scoundrel in Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, reprising in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, and in countless other Star Wars shows like Star Wars Rebels and games like Star Wars: Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast. He even voiced the character in various Robot Chicken and Family Guy episodes dedicated solely to Star Wars as well as The LEGO Movie. Donald Glover stepped into the role earlier this year to play a younger Lando in Solo: A Star Wars Story.

In Episode IX, Williams joins returning franchise stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver, plus newcomer (and frequent J.J. Abrams collabroator) Keri Russell.

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:18 PM 10-24-2019
I still think it's a little nuts talking about Last Jedi like it was a flop. Gemini Man...that's a flop. But Last Jedi netted over a billion and a quarter. Bad movie? Sure. You can argue that. Pretty easily. But a flop? Yeah, not going there.

And there's no way Rise of Skywalker is pulling something like Solo numbers. They could print copies of J.J. Abrams taking a dump on Darth Vader's helmet and it would still clear a billion globally. Hell, it'll probably make 2, just for being the "end of the saga".
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 03:20 PM 10-24-2019
Totally. I think TLJ is the second best SW movie made so far, to date. But I can understand why people don't like it. And you're exactly right about this one. Whether people dislike the movie or not it's gonna make bank.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:27 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Divisive. I do think most will like it better than TLJ, but that's a laughably low bar to set.
Imagine JJ Abrams trying to piece together a propulsive crowd pleaser after TLJ tried to be a risk-taking game-changer with the franchise.

I think it’ll be a decent watch. But if the leaks are right, I’m not sure if Disney will be able to justify why these movies were worth worth making in the first place, a problem the prequels had as well.

Time has smiled on the prequels - it’s quite possible that the same thing will happen with these flicks.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:48 PM 10-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Imagine JJ Abrams trying to piece together a propulsive crowd pleaser after TLJ tried to be a risk-taking game-changer with the franchise.

I think it’ll be a decent watch. But if the leaks are right, I’m not sure if Disney will be able to justify why these movies were worth worth making in the first place, a problem the prequels had as well.

Time has smiled on the prequels - it’s quite possible that the same thing will happen with these flicks.
Time has "smiled" on the prequels for two major reasons:

1) A completely scripted, propaganda push by Disney whereby a bunch of paid "opinion pieces" singing the praises of those sad movies began popping up all over the web shortly after the acquisition of Lucasfilm, and

2) As hard as it is to believe, there WAS in fact a worse and shittier way to create and execute a Star Wars film that made George's incoherent prequels look like masterful works of art by comparison.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:09 AM 10-25-2019
If I had to rewatch them again, this is what I'd be thinking.

Star Wars Episode I: Meh maybe if I'm really bored and feeling nostalgic for pod racing for some reason + end fight scene.
Star Wars Episode II: Jango vs Obi Wan + last thirty minutes
Star Wars Episode III: Everything from Mace Windu vs Emporer on
Star Wars Episode IV: Whole movie
Star Wars Episode V: Whole movie
Star Wars Episode VI: Whole movie
Star Wars Episode VII: Whole movie
Star Wars Episode VIII: Everything from Snoke vs Kylo + Rey onward
Star Wars Episode IX: To be continued...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:57 AM 10-25-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Time has "smiled" on the prequels for two major reasons:

1) A completely scripted, propaganda push by Disney whereby a bunch of paid "opinion pieces" singing the praises of those sad movies began popping up all over the web shortly after the acquisition of Lucasfilm, and

2) As hard as it is to believe, there WAS in fact a worse and shittier way to create and execute a Star Wars film that made George's incoherent prequels look like masterful works of art by comparison.
3) Legitimately the prequel memes subreddit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:59 PM 10-25-2019
I can't imagine a more disappointing Star Wars experience than seeing The Phantom Menace in a theater in Harrisonburg, VA back in '99, a few months before I moved to KC. It was on par with seeing George Clooney's Batman & Robin while I was working at Interlochen over the summer of '97.

Batman & Robin was a worse movie, but I don't think anything will ever equal the sheer level of disappointment I felt by the end of TPM. So much hype and anticipation, with such great characters in Qui-Gon and Maul, neither of whom survived to the sequel. Pair that with turning Darth Vader into squeaky, whiny Jake Lloyd, introducing midichlorians and giving us hours of dull ass politics portrayed by some of the worst acting ever, and it completely killed any interest I had in any more new Star Wars movies for years.

Nothing in or about either The Force Awakens or The Last Jedi can hold a candle to that level of IP destruction for me. And Attack of the Clones...I know I saw it, probably out of misplaced duty as a life-long SW fan, but I was pretty dead inside after TPM, doubtless had zero positive expectations, and remember absolutely nothing about either the movie or my experience watching it.

Revenge of the Sith I remember slightly more fondly, but really only for a couple fight scenes and some great scoring. But it wasn't nearly enough to redeem the first two prequels.

The only real positive about the prequels is that they gave us the animated Clone Wars, which was far and away the best canonical non-OT part of Star Wars until Rogue One.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:53 PM 11-01-2019
Is your barf-bag at the ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Q498xR1zE
[Reply]
Sorry 06:24 PM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Is your barf-bag at the ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Q498xR1zE
Holy shit lmao

I can’t wait for the rage.
[Reply]
Nickhead 08:43 PM 06-23-2020

:-)
[Reply]
Fish 06-23-2020, 09:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
crayzkirk 04:44 PM 06-24-2020
Finally saw it. It was okay, the scenes with the original cast were sort of just stuck into place. Lando didn't do anything. Parts of the movie made no sense; Force healing? I guess that came from the same place as the intergalactic transporter in Star Trek. I get that they needed to end this thing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 PM 06-26-2020

Now that @themandalorian secret is out-might as well reveal I am vocally represented in ALL SW films except the Prequels. Thanks to @matthewood for using me in Rogue One, Solo & the Sequels, so I DO have lines in #EpVII. Hint: Look for parts played by Patrick Williams.#TrueStory https://t.co/kRQlo7uub8

— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) June 20, 2020

[Reply]
Bowser 10:41 AM 06-27-2020
Awesome.

I mean, Mark Hammill IS Star Wars. The way Disney did Luke is just about criminal.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:49 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Awesome.

I mean, Mark Hammill IS Star Wars. The way Disney did Luke is just about criminal.
^^
Yeah it truly was criminal. Han & Luke should have been given one last mission together imo at least.

I ended up renting this at my public library (of all places) for FREE and it was terrible/cringeworthy to say the least but oh well at least I didn't have to pay money to see it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:45 AM 06-30-2020
:-) There's rumors that they're going to essentially wipe the sequel trilogy from existence and reset it.

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-reset...eGsQas7C6ZNJG8
[Reply]
Page 45 of 48
« First < 354142434445 464748 >
Up