ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 39
« First < 253132333435 36373839 >
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
kepp 01:36 PM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I like how they referenced "The Cage". Wonder if that will lead to something this season?
That would pep things up a bit...Lucifer & Michael join forces to help combat the darkness.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:45 PM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
That would pep things up a bit...Lucifer & Michael join forces to help combat the darkness.
Ooohh, maybe they go after their "vessels" again, and this time it really happens?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:04 AM 10-10-2015
I thought it was one of their better premieres from the last few years (everything leviathan and after was bad). The narrative structure was unusual for the show and I liked that the baby they saved was the darkness. Nice little twist. And adult darkness girl was...attractive.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:29 PM 10-10-2015
I guess i was just bored with the episode. I liked the twist at the end. But something was just missing for me.
[Reply]
Chieficus 04:50 PM 10-10-2015
To me it's well past old that one of the brothers always has to be infected with something or on the verge of death or trapped in hell, purgatory, whatever.

It's like Sam said to Dean: "When did we forget how to do this?" When did the writers forget how to do something new?

The show didn't become bad after Kripke completed his arc, but it lost some of its mojo. Thought it was gaining it back a few seasons ago, but imo last season it slipped again. I'm still holding out hope this season will get better, but I'm not holding my breath.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:23 PM 10-11-2015
The bitch fest between the brothers gets old, but it is a glue of the characters and show, for better or worse.
[Reply]
kepp 07:48 AM 10-14-2015
To me, the show has stayed alive because of the introduction of other "dimensions" every so often. "Hell" with Crowley, Alistair, Abadon, etc. "Heaven" with Castiel, Metatron, and the search for God. "Purgatory" (although my least favorite) with the Leviathan and Benny.

I think they're running out of dimensions...at least "known" dimensions that people identify with. It feels like they're trying to introduce another with the Darkness, but I'm not feeling it at this point. I find myself wanting some of the original "two brothers killing monsters" storylines.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 10-22-2015
They put season 10 on Netflix recently and I just finished it.

Dean fighting the Mark of the Cain deal got pretty tiresome after a while. He was a badass as a demon, though. Also near the end when he fully gave into the Mark.

I'm interested in the next season with "the darkness" being freed, but they're really reaching at this point.
[Reply]
kepp 09:02 AM 10-23-2015
This season is losing me. They need to bring back some of the big players - Michael, Lucifer, Chuck Shurley (who may or may not be God according to some theories).
[Reply]
Bowser 02:23 PM 11-01-2015
This last episode, "Baby", was probably my favorite I've watched in some time. That episode made good viewing.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:34 PM 11-01-2015
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I've been told the show should have ended before the last season.
I was checking this thread out because I got into a few episodes of Supernatural and I was entertained. I have a lot of old shows to watch/catch up on so I wanted to read some of the feedback. But...

Dexter. I know you won't stop watching. It was really, really good up until the end of the fourth season. You will want to follow the characters and you probably don't believe that the show could get that bad that quickly. It does. It falls off a cliff. The writing turns to shit with poor dialogue and the integrity of the characters is destroyed with unbelievable, cliched actions. The plots have giant holes that will leave you shaking your head. The production value plummets to CBS Movie Of The Week quality. This giant shit-filled snowball just rolls on and on downhill until it builds into a massive Coyote versus Roadrunner finale that is somehow simultaneously devoid of impact and yet infuriating. If you think you would enjoy being dry humped by a large beagle for two hours then by all means watch the next two seasons and destroy any positive memories of this show that you still have.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:18 PM 11-05-2015
Finally caught up on the new season (I'd only seen the premiere before today). I gotta say, I'm digging what they're doing. And the Impala episode was a classic.
[Reply]
kepp 08:19 AM 11-13-2015
I liked this last episode. Amara's real identity was an interesting twist.
[Reply]
kepp 11:55 AM 12-14-2015
Grown-up darkness = HOT
[Reply]
Fish 11:58 AM 12-14-2015
That episode with the imaginary friend murders was pretty fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 39
« First < 253132333435 36373839 >
Up