ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 40
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Media Center>If you're not watching Supernatural...
keg in kc 03:08 AM 01-23-2009
...you should be.

Last night's episode, entitled "Criss Angel is a Douche Bag" (seriously) was awesome (other notable titles this season included "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester", "It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer" which was one of the best eps of the series).

The entire season has been terrific. No bullshit, the show is delivering week after week after week, it's really hitting for me like the X-Files did during it's mid-run peak. It's not like anything else on television, much less anything on the CW. It delivers drama, it delivers emotion, it delivers horror, it delivers subtle comedy. I'm not sure it isn't one of the 2 or 3 best shows on all of television right now. Seriously. It's that good. Give it a look sometime if you haven't already.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:24 PM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If you mean more than 10 seasons, no, I'm not. All the actors' deals end after next season, but it's never been set in stone as being the final season in any way. Various producers have talked about the possibilities of the show running indefinitely.

From ComicCon last year:There's been some talk about Jensen Ackles moving into film (he actually passed on Hawkeye in the avengers, reportedly). So who knows.

In other news, Misha Collins has signed a deal to return as a regular next season.
Fuck, he would of made a great hawkeye.
[Reply]
Valiant 03:41 PM 05-21-2014
Aw shit. Should've seen that coming. One brother's an angel half the year, why not turn the other into a demon. Could be an interesting twist to next year.
I said it before, I want the brothers leading heaven and hell.

My nerd perfect scenario.

For season 11, before ruling heaven and hell. Sam and Dean make Castiel and Crowely human to relieve their burdens and set up the new Men of Letters for them. Garth and Day are part of the Letters. Maybe ghostfacers.

Sam and Dean in leading lost a good chunk of their followers and spend most of their time reigning them in so they are there only for maybe every couple episodes.

My only problem, how many more stories can they tell? The leviathans killed most of the other older gods. And everything else has been played out. I would love most of the monsters in purgatory to get out and start over for the group.

But hopefully god is not the one to do it. I have a feeling he will show up again and say it was all part of his plan.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:06 PM 05-21-2014
Ackles and Sheppard have a great dynamic, so it should be really fun next year.

Lots of interesting things could happen. Crowley's real son is out there somewhere, and I got the sense last night that Dean's going to be his surrogate demon kid. All that human blood did some weird stuff to him I guess. He almost seemed lonely in his monologue at the end.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:59 PM 05-21-2014
Ackles and Sheppard have a great dynamic, so it should be really fun next year.

Lots of interesting things could happen. Crowley's real son is out there somewhere, and I got the sense last night that Dean's going to be his surrogate demon kid. All that human blood did some weird stuff to him I guess. He almost seemed lonely in his monologue at the end.
I think that is because they get to basically play themselves.
[Reply]
Silock 11:49 PM 05-21-2014
I don't want to read the whole thread because of potential spoilers, but does the show ever get back on track? I checked out halfway through Season 6. It just got ridiculous with the whole "Sam needs his soul back" bit.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:29 AM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
I don't want to read the whole thread because of potential spoilers, but does the show ever get back on track? I checked out halfway through Season 6. It just got ridiculous with the whole "Sam needs his soul back" bit.
That's right in the middle of the Leviathan storyline, isn't it?
[Reply]
ragedogg69 06:50 AM 05-23-2014
Season 7 was the main leviathan storyline. Season 6 and 7 is also when Sera Gamble took over as show runner. I consider season 5 to be one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. She wrote the weakest episode of the 4 horsemen storyline, so I kinda knew this wouldnt pan out for her.

Season 6 was aimless, not knowing what the show wanted to be. Season 7 really pissed me off because
Spoiler!
That only lasted 5 minutes into season 7 I believe. ugh.

Season 8 is when the show really found its groove again and became consistently good.
[Reply]
kepp 08:44 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Season 7 was the main leviathan storyline. Season 6 and 7 is also when Sera Gamble took over as show runner. I consider season 5 to be one of my favorite seasons of TV ever. She wrote the weakest episode of the 4 horsemen storyline, so I kinda knew this wouldnt pan out for her.

Season 6 was aimless, not knowing what the show wanted to be. Season 7 really pissed me off because
Spoiler!
That only lasted 5 minutes into season 7 I believe. ugh.

Season 8 is when the show really found its groove again and became consistently good.
Yes. Season 5 was the pinnacle. Hopefully they can produce that quality again.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:47 AM 05-23-2014
I thought this season (9) was the weakest to date. No real standout episodes and a handful of outright bad ones.
[Reply]
kepp 10:32 AM 05-23-2014
I thought this season (9) was the weakest to date. No real standout episodes and a handful of outright bad ones.
The writing is floundering a bit...no doubt. But I think that the finale could open up into a good season 10. I'm hoping anyway, because it's my favorite show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:38 PM 05-23-2014
I think the lack of Bobby Singer has really hurt. Jim Beaver basically turned every episode he was in into a good one, and most of the best ones featured him.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:14 PM 05-23-2014
I certainly expected more heavyweight fights between the angels this season. Even the demons were disappointing. Abbadon went out way to easily, I thought. But I agree with kepp - the way the season ended left open a ton of potentially really good possibilities.

This show has had its ups and downs, but it's not doing bad considering it was only supposed to be five seasons long.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 03:30 PM 05-23-2014
I dont disagree with this season being kinda meh. It is what it all could be setting up for next season that makes me like it. Now if they do the whole first 5 minutes of next season, Dean is fine, I call bullshit on this season for setting up nothing.
[Reply]
bevischief 03:34 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I certainly expected more heavyweight fights between the angels this season. Even the demons were disappointing. Abbadon went out way to easily, I thought. But I agree with kepp - the way the season ended left open a ton of potentially really good possibilities.

This show has had its ups and downs, but it's not doing bad considering it was only supposed to be five seasons long.
Yep can't wait to see what next season brings.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:35 PM 05-23-2014
The demon tablet hasn't been destroyed (IIRC) so that must come into play somehow. I don't think there's any other way to 'fix' Dean, because he's not possessed. He's a demon. Although I guess they did establish something with the Men of Letters and Abbadon, now that I think back. The blood ceremony. Either way, my immediate thought was "next king of Hell right there, Crowley has a protege". It's not like Dean doesn't know the place intimately already.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 40
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up