ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 162
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:21 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
The Bills are just the latest team to think they have a chance against the Chiefs.

Titans, 49ers, Ravens, Bucs, now the Bills.

It's cute, but we all know how this movie ends.
I can kind of see how Patriots fans turned into raging douchebags after 20 years of this.... there's always a "next team that can beat the Patriots" or "next rival" or "next dynasty" or "next Brady" and then every time they don't win the SB it's "dynasty's over" until they win another.

I'm sure the media is a bit more desperate at the moment though, since there was at least Manning to fill the rival void for many years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:22 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
:-)

**** it. Let them get their hopes up.
Yeah, the Bills aren't in the same zipcode as the Chiefs. They just aren't. Not yet anyway. They do have some explosive play capability when Josh doesn't pee out of his ass and down his legs, but he still does that shit way too often. Christ, he tried to give that game away to the Steelers several times. And if not for the pick-6, maybe BUF doesn't even win that game. Against a PIT team that literally punted 11 times.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:27 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Since Week 1:

KC 12-1
Buffalo: 10-3

Head to head: KC 1- Buffalo 0

If you want to cherry pick stats might as well encompass what really matters over the course of the season instead of an arbitrary week.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:28 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s cute. Why arbitrarily start at week 9? And why is record since week 9 missing there? Because it doesn’t fit the narrative they’re trying to push with the graphic?
Historically, this league is full of moving and evolving teams.

What a team does in Week 5 doesn’t matter in Week 12.

And if head to head in 1 game matters, then the Raiders are better than the Chiefs (laughable, right?)

The team that wins the Super Bowl is typically the team that gets hot at the right time.

That’s why I assume they’re looking at the last 4 weeks of stats.

It’s almost always foolish to look at what happened in week 1 when it’s week 13.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:29 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Since Week 1:

KC 12-1

If you want to cherry pick stats might as well encompass what really matters over the course of the season instead of an arbitrary week.
Yeah, if they went back one more week on that graphic, they would be including the 43-16 beating of the Broncos and I'm sure all of those stats would skew towards the Chiefs.

Equally as arbitrary and pointless, of course.
[Reply]
Spott 05:30 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Since Week 1:

KC 12-1

Or maybe when Buffalo actually does something in the playoffs. I doubt they’ve won a playoff game since the 90’s when they had Jim Kelly.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:31 PM 12-15-2020

[Reply]
notorious 05:34 PM 12-15-2020
Cowherd. :-)
[Reply]
diqlix 05:40 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yeah Cowherd has the Bills above the Chiefs too.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:42 PM 12-15-2020
Yeah Cowherd has the Bills above the Chiefs too.
Best thing that could happen to this Chiefs team is being disrespected in some regard.

They've been starved for motivation for much of the year.

I can't imagine the unholy beatdown Mahomes will put on any team the media tries to say is better than the Chiefs should they meet in the playoffs.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:43 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, the Bills aren't in the same zipcode as the Chiefs. They just aren't. Not yet anyway. They do have some explosive play capability when Josh doesn't pee out of his ass and down his legs, but he still does that shit way too often. Christ, he tried to give that game away to the Steelers several times. And if not for the pick-6, maybe BUF doesn't even win that game. Against a PIT team that literally punted 11 times.
Bills we’re up by 2+ scores nearly the entire 2nd half lol
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:45 PM 12-15-2020

And if head to head in 1 game matters, then the Raiders are better than the Chiefs (laughable, right?)

The team that wins the Super Bowl is typically the team that gets hot at the right time.

It’s almost always foolish to look at what happened in week 1 when it’s week 13.
If you're talking about getting hot in December, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I doubt it.

I don't think that's the point of that clip anyway (or else the guy is really missing the mark)... Bills beat the Steelers, so this week they get to be #1 'power ranking'/'team playing well' because they've played well very recently and knocked off the Steelers in prime time.

That's all he should say, really... going on to say it means anything significant for the playoffs or SB hopes is kind of dumb, especially with how overrated the Steelers have been all year.

If the Chiefs and Bills both win this week, then maybe the Chiefs deserve to be at #1 for the week since Saints > Broncos and winning 4 road games in 5 weeks against playoff-ish teams is kind of impressive. :-)
[Reply]
diqlix 05:45 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I can kind of see how Patriots fans turned into raging douchebags after 20 years of this.... there's always a "next team that can beat the Patriots" or "next rival" or "next dynasty" or "next Brady" and then every time they don't win the SB it's "dynasty's over" until they win another.

I'm sure the media is a bit more desperate at the moment though, since there was at least Manning to fill the rival void for many years.
I think you’re seeing how Pats fans became so needy too.

“Wahhh, everyone isn’t bowing down to us”

“Wahhh, someone said another team may have a chance against us”

I already see some Chiefs fans turning into this and it’s gross.

Chiefs fans have been cool for so long, I hope they don’t get Patriotitis.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:47 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If you're talking about getting hot in December, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I doubt it.

I don't think that's the point of that clip anyway (or else the guy is really missing the mark)... Bills beat the Steelers, so this week they get to be #1 'power ranking'/'team playing well' because they've played well very recently and knocked off the Steelers in prime time.

That's all he really should say.... going on to say it means anything significant for the playoffs or SB hopes is kind of dumb, especially with how overrated the Steelers have been all year.

If the Chiefs and Bills both win this week, then maybe the Chiefs deserve to be at #1 for the week since Saints > Broncos and winning 4 road games in 5 weeks against playoff-ish teams is kind of impressive. :-)
He said the Bills have been playing better over the past 4 weeks.

Not just last week.

The Bills are a hail mary fluke play away from winning 7 games in a row:

And against technically harder competition (The Bills SOV is higher than any playoff team, including the Chiefs).

The Chiefs are having some struggles. They let Miami get back in the game and the redzone offense is not as good as it was. That’s what he said.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:50 PM 12-15-2020

KC has one loss in over 13 months. Not sure how Buffalo is a hotter team.
[Reply]
Page 101 of 162
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111151 > Last »
Up