ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 69
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:55 PM 12-19-2020

The #SheHulk @disneyplus series is confirmed to be a "half-hour legal comedy!" Details: https://t.co/bXuZ6i0i45 pic.twitter.com/vr193pwVg8

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) December 19, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 PM 01-14-2021
And...he's back!

https://deadline.com/2021/01/captain...ct-1234672430/

Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

------------
I heard some chatter last summer about Evans returning, which also happened to coincide with Disney casting him as the character that inspired Tim Allen's Buzz Lightyear in all of the Toy Story shorts and features.

It's kind of funny how the report says he won't return to star in Captain America features but will have roles like Tony Stark did in Civil War which to me, outside of the title (which kind of didn't make any sense, anyway because the film was more about The Winter Soldier than CA & TWS) was a full-on Avengers film, much like Captain America & The Winter Soldier.

But IMO, this is great news because Evans has been note-perfect as Captain America.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:40 PM 01-14-2021
Thanks for this Dane!!
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:30 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is gonna be a horrible idea.

Nobody cares about this shit....same with Supergirl, Batgirl etc.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:55 PM 01-14-2021
And...he's back!

https://deadline.com/2021/01/captain...ct-1234672430/

Captain America Eyes Return To The MCU As Chris Evans Nears Deal To Reprise Role In Future Marvel Project

EXCLUSIVE: In a move that is sure to rock the Marvel Cinematic Universe, sources tell Deadline that Chris Evans is cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire as he expected reprise the role in the MCU in some form. Still vague if deal as completely closed but insiders say its headed in that direction for Evans to return as Steve Rogers aka Captain America in at least one Marvel property with the door open for a second film. Sources add it’s unlikely to be a new Captain America installment and more likely to be like what Robert Downey Jr. did after Iron Man 3, appearing in films like Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Marvel had no comment.

Evans had been very public that he would be hanging up the shield after Avengers: Endgame with Marvel going as far as having the character hand the shield to Anthony Mackie’s character at the end of the film in a passing of the torch type of moment. Things had changed in recent months as the idea was floated of Evans returning to the MCU as Rogers to see if there was any interest and as the weeks went by, Evans became more game to the idea with the two sides coming to agreement at the top of the year.

How he may return is still unclear and being worked out but the options are unlimited. Over the years, even after a character’s film franchises have come to an end, Marvel has found way to insert them into the MCU in other properties and with the addition of new Disney Plus limited series even adds more properties where he could make his return if its not his own film. Whatever that path may be, fans are sure to be invigorated knowing they would be seeing the return of a character that they assumed wouldn’t be back anytime soon.

------------
I heard some chatter last summer about Evans returning, which also happened to coincide with Disney casting him as the character that inspired Tim Allen's Buzz Lightyear in all of the Toy Story shorts and features.

It's kind of funny how the report says he won't return to star in Captain America features but will have roles like Tony Stark did in Civil War which to me, outside of the title (which kind of didn't make any sense, anyway because the film was more about The Winter Soldier than CA & TWS) was a full-on Avengers film, much like Captain America & The Winter Soldier.

But IMO, this is great news because Evans has been note-perfect as Captain America.
With the multiverse coming into play there is no way they could universe hop and NOT see a Captain America in each of them. (Plus, I bet he gets paid large for what might end up being cameos in these various shows/movies.)

I would bet rent that we'll also get Thanos, Ronin, Natasha, and other fallen MCU characters throughout the shows in addition to Cap.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:16 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I would bet rent that we'll also get Thanos, Ronin, Natasha, and other fallen MCU characters throughout the shows in addition to Cap.
I hope so! :-)
[Reply]
Valiant 12:21 AM 01-15-2021
Okay, I got my answer on this question.

Disney+ currently has nearly 90 million "paying" subscribers but their total base is somewhere around 125 million.

They're projected to have 300 million subscribers by 2025, because they haven't rolled out in Asia and other territories, but only around 230 million will be actually "paying" for the service.
I get it free through Verizon, which is probably the extra numbers. To me not having kids, it would not be worth it if I had to pay. Maybe after a few years of originals.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:19 PM 01-26-2021
Some news about Black Widow and beyond movie releases, maybe?

[Reply]
Bowser 10:21 PM 01-26-2021
And bored rumors, but a fun idea (would loosely follow comic continuity, too)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:34 PM 02-12-2021
https://www.cbr.com/laurence-fishbur...evil-dinosaur/

In addition to producing Disney's upcoming cartoon Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Laurence Fishburne will have a recurring role on the show as the Beyonder.

In the comics, the Beyonder is an all-powerful cosmic entity best known for his role as catalyst behind Marvel's iconic crossover Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars, transporting multiple superheroes and supervillains to a far-off planet and forcing them to do battle with one another.

His character has previously been featured in animated adaptations of the Secret Wars storyline in Spider-Man: The Animated Series and Avengers: Secret Wars, voiced by Earl Boen in the former and Steven Webber in the latter.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:22 PM 02-13-2021
Fishburne has already been in the MCU, albeit as the father of Ghost in Ant Man 2.

I absolutely love the guy but I think it would be the first time an actor has occupied two different characters in the MCU.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:39 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Fishburne has already been in the MCU, albeit as the father of Ghost in Ant Man 2.

I absolutely love the guy but I think it would be the first time an actor has occupied two different characters in the MCU.
Well, Josh Brolin was Thanos and Cable in Deadpool 2 so technically, he's the first.
[Reply]
cabletech94 01:09 PM 02-14-2021
While not the traditional MCU, Chris evans was the human torch before he was Cap
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:23 PM 02-14-2021
Well, Josh Brolin was Thanos and Cable in Deadpool 2 so technically, he's the first.
Deadpool 2 isn’t (yet) in MCU continuity.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:24 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
While not the traditional MCU, Chris evans was the human torch before he was Cap
Same.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 69
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up