ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>EV Cars/Trucks
DaFace 08:12 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by synthesis2:
If people understood how charging works with fast chargers and how quick you can fill up they would rethink electric. I was the same way before I purchased our Model 3, I believe with the Leaf you can drive 200 miles , then find a supercharger (all over the place) and spend 10-15 minutes filling up and then go on your way, only spending around $5-8 for a full tank.
I'm generally "on your side" when it comes to all of this, but you constantly exaggerate in the positive direction, which undoubtedly causes a lot of people to discount you. There's no way you're charging a Leaf in 10-15 minutes, and if you're charging at a public charger, it'll cost you at least twice that. And that's if you can even find a CHAdeMO charger, which are relatively uncommon. They're great around town but a pretty big PITA for a road trip.

(Source: I own one.)
[Reply]
notorious 06:52 AM 07-08-2022
That pickup comparison video shows how abysmal range is now.

Maybe I’ll get a usable electric truck by the time I’m 80.
[Reply]
synthesis2 07:45 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

The cybertruck trimotor will get 500 miles plus range, even pulling should get 400 miles or more.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 08:00 PM 07-08-2022
The cybertruck trimotor will get 500 miles plus range, even pulling should get 400 miles or more.
“Pullin” lol. 400 miles haulin what? A heavy gerbil?
[Reply]
notorious 04:00 PM 07-09-2022
Sorry man, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but 400 miles hauling a trailer is a load of shit.

Well, unless it defies the laws of physics.

You and I've had this discussion before. The Tesla truck is a weekend warrior mobile. I will be all-in on a usable truck. One that actually does work, hauls 13-18000 pounds with an unlimited range.

I'm picking up my next brand new pickup this week, another 2500 GM diesel. I can take that thing to work in Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas hauling a big-ass trailer non-stop, and if I do stop it's a 5 minute wait to refuel.

I can't wait until electric tech is ready to solve my problem. I have stated many times I will pay well over the 75-80k my current trucks cost. I am also not going to lie to myself and others just because I want it to be true today.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:37 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:

Assuming there wasn't anything weird going on to explain it, the truck is complete fucking dog shit as anything but a grocery getter. Which is fine if that is how it's marketed. I've considered getting my mom one if it rolled out ok as 90% of her use would be that and picking up grandkids, so it'd be perfect for her but a 6k trailer just murdered that thing for most people.

I don't think they mentioned it, but I noticed it was actually in the drafting position behind the gas truck in a lot of the clips during the video. That makes a huge difference and would make the performance even worse in a non drafting test.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:29 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Assuming there wasn't anything weird going on to explain it, the truck is complete fucking dog shit as anything but a grocery getter. Which is fine if that is how it's marketed. I've considered getting my mom one if it rolled out ok as 90% of her use would be that and picking up grandkids, so it'd be perfect for her but a 6k trailer just murdered that thing for most people.

I don't think they mentioned it, but I noticed it was actually in the drafting position behind the gas truck in a lot of the clips during the video. That makes a huge difference and would make the performance even worse in a non drafting test.
PHEVs are kind of shat upon by EV purists, but honestly they're probably the better solution to someone who wants a lot of the benefits of an EV but needs towing range. Unfortunately, I'm not sure many truck brands are developing them.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:53 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
PHEVs are kind of shat upon by EV purists, but honestly they're probably the better solution to someone who wants a lot of the benefits of an EV but needs towing range. Unfortunately, I'm not sure many truck brands are developing them.
They'd probably be a decent bridge for a good chunk of the customer base who only tows to the lake or track on the weekends and never gets too far out of warranty coverage. I bet a lot of people would enjoy running on electric during the work week and using gas to extend the range on the weekend.

I'm all about simple though and two systems and still having all the maintenance just mentally kills it for me. Just give me the impossible dammit! I'm not going to live forever!
[Reply]
MagicHef 11:35 AM 07-08-2022
They are if you can only have one car. I'd rather have one gas car and one pure EV so I can do whatever I need but not be lugging around an extra propulsion system.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:08 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
They are if you can only have one car. I'd rather have one gas car and one pure EV so I can do whatever I need but not be lugging around an extra propulsion system.
It’s not a propulsion system it’s a generator, right?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:06 PM 07-08-2022
That’s a viable solution for my truck usage. At least the one I drive. The farm truck that gets trailers probably not.

I want that damned electric semi.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:38 PM 07-08-2022
EVs are great tell they catch on fire
[Reply]
penguinz 03:54 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
EVs are great tell they catch on fire
ICE vehicles are great until they catch on fire.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:56 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
ICE vehicles are great until they catch on fire.
Houses are great until they catch on fire.
[Reply]
rtmike 07:08 PM 07-08-2022
4500 gallons of water to put one out that combusted in a wrecking yard.
Good job firefighters!

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...cb7OhuUeHqfVKw
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up