ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 163
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Major Update on Tyreek Hill [old thread, don't freak out]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:44 AM 04-24-2019

Today at 3:00, Steve will be holding a press conference regarding the criminal investigation involving Tyreek Hill and Crystal Espinal. This will be held in our 4th floor conference room.

— Johnson County KS DA (@JohnsonCoDA) April 24, 2019

From @NFLTotalAccess: The latest on #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill... pic.twitter.com/5xEpODrhuf

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 25, 2019

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Talk about jumping to conclusions.
Yeah, the guy who beat his pregnant girlfriend would never beat his son...

:-)
[Reply]
Iczer 02:25 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The DA just said they're sure a crime was committed but can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's all the NFL needs. We can all hope that nothing more comes of it but we won't know until the NFL says something definitive. Players have gotten suspended for less.
ok and they're going to suspend him based off of what information? Brooke Pryor? The sealed documents? The charges not filed against him?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:26 PM 04-24-2019
After thinking about it and him saying CPS is still involved, my guess means they will be doing regular visits to the house for a period of time.
[Reply]
srvy 02:26 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The DA just said they're sure a crime was committed but can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's all the NFL needs. We can all hope that nothing more comes of it but we won't know until the NFL says something definitive. Players have gotten suspended for less.
Who will they suspend?
[Reply]
FAX 02:26 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I wonder if they've thought about asking the kid who done it?
Baldy Upforelection said they did ask Damien. Then Baldy made a rather odd statement ... something along the lines of, "The child often can't tell us."

I'm not sure what in the hell he meant by that. All in all, this was a pretty disgusting display. We're not filing charges is all he needed to say. But no ... let's leave every door wide open in order to maximize speculation.

Lady Justice weeps.

FAX
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:26 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Why do people assume Reek did it if he wasn't named in the suit?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:26 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is an unfortunate result.

The kid was very likely abused. More likely than not, it was Tyreek who committed the act and Crystal is incentivized to help cover it up. They both refuse to cooperate. The DA doesn't have any real witness to the incident willing to testify and thus we have this press conference.

NFL will suspend him. Chiefs probably try to weather the storm. Organization looks bad. We all will feel a little dirty cheering for him.
Disagree. I don't see the grounds for which Tyreek will be suspended, nor do I see how the organization looks bad here for standing behind a player that wasn't named in anything. And unless something concrete comes up showing Tyreek is guilty of anything here, I will not feel dirty cheering for him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:27 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is an unfortunate result.

The kid was very likely abused. More likely than not, it was Tyreek who committed the act and Crystal is incentivized to help cover it up. They both refuse to cooperate. The DA doesn't have any real witness to the incident willing to testify and thus we have this press conference.

NFL will suspend him. Chiefs probably try to weather the storm. Organization looks bad. We all will feel a little dirty cheering for him.
Which is why he will not be a Chief, long term. Maybe shorter term than we think.
[Reply]
In58men 02:27 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Good work, team!
Thanks!!!!

Mohomo and Pugs were all fantastic!!!!

I tried my best to contribute as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:27 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
On second thought, I'm not sure the NFL will do anything. Goodell cares NOTHING about justice, but rather protecting the NFL brand name. I think you could make the case suspending Hill would HURT brand name because it would suggest HILL was guilty. The DA himself did not do that.

This is a tough call.
I don't know how you could listen to the entire presser and still say the DA didn't do that.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:27 PM 04-24-2019
It’s also still a possibility that the truth is that whatever happened was more of an accident than a crime
[Reply]
Jerm 02:28 PM 04-24-2019
I wonder what the PA would think if the NFL tried to suspend Hill...might cause a shit storm.
[Reply]
wazu 02:28 PM 04-24-2019

If I were the prosecutor, I'd charge both parents for hurting the child and if neither is willing to testify that the other did it, then they both can be convicted.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) April 24, 2019

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:28 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If he wasn't named in the case, what's the argument for suspension?
That's he's endangering children through one of two mechanisms:

1) He beat the fuck out of his kid
2) His wife or someone else beat the fuck out of his kid and he didn't help divulge information that would allow for prosecutors to try her

The only argument that makes Hill look remotely human in this case is that someone else beat the kid and he has since cut them completely out of the child's life, but there was too much uncertainty to establish exactly which person did it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:28 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TRR:
Talk about jumping to conclusions.
Come on, man. He beat up his pregnant girlfriend. I'm jumping to some outlandish conclusion?

Oh, and I'm familiar with people in KC who know Crystal's friends who have said similar things.

This isn't a good result for anyone.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 163
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up