ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 324
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
wachashi 10:36 AM 09-21-2023
Spags deserves a ton of credit for building this defense. We'll never know exactly how much decision-making power he has when it comes to drafting players (I'm guessing quite a bit), but it's VERY apparent that Spags can develop players. And it's VERY apparent that he can field a defense that plays to player strengths.

8 (could call it 9) of our defensive starters are playing on their rookie deals.

Chris Jones, Derrick Nnadi, and Justin Reid are the only "starters" not drafted by Veach/Spags. That speaks volumes about this team's drafting AND coaching ability.

We're not asking rookies to do too much. We're not asking free agents who haven't played in this system to do too much. We've got a roster full of young, homegrown players that know this scheme.

We're in a great spot...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 AM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Yikes.

Mahomes on the last year of his rookie deal -- and we're radically changing defensive schemes.

2019 is looking to be a whole lot like 2018 was. Mahomes slaughtering people and our defense getting slaughtered in return.
Another post of Direckshit!
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 09-21-2023
Death, taxes, bad Direckshun takes.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:39 PM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Another post of Direckshit!
Worst football poster on this board by far yet thinks he's a guru
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:50 PM 09-21-2023
Oh come on. A lot of good football posters hated the Spags hire.

I wasn’t one of them, but I’m not going to shit on anybody who didn’t want him
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:36 PM 09-21-2023
I was an early adopter of Spags Supremacy and never wavered in my faith.

The result is two rings and likely the best defense we've fielded since 1997.

I'd like this CLEAR grand slam of a take to result in the expungement of pre-draft Mahomes takes that have been used unfairly against me by trolls on this site for years.

Half ya'll wanted him fired in every game thread. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:10 PM 09-21-2023
97’s D didn’t get either of the stops Spags did against Burrow last year.

Harsh on 97’s D, I know, but those are the stops Super Bowl winning defenses make. While Gunther’s scheming when we had Elway on the ropes cost us a potential Super Bowl run, Spags rolled all 7’s and got the ball back to our offense for a game winning drive.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:11 PM 09-21-2023
Besides, that's not a bad take.

THIS is a bad take:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Reid doesn’t want to win a super bowl. Hell Bieneimy may be Head Coach after this year

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 PM 09-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
97’s D didn’t get either of the stops Spags did against Burrow last year.

Harsh on 97’s D, I know, but those are the stops Super Bowl winning defenses make. While Gunther’s scheming when we had Elway on the ropes cost us a potential Super Bowl run, Spags rolled all 7’s and got the ball back to our offense for a game winning drive.
Hell, go back to the '19 playoffs.

Especially the SB.
[Reply]
wazu 07:03 AM 09-22-2023
My initial reaction to the Spags hire was definitely a heavy thumbs down. So glad to have been wrong. Seems like he and Veach have a mind-meld where a remarkably high number of players get drafted, and quickly are plugged in and developing/producing. Which is exactly what we need if we want to have a true dynasty. Also just generally love the Chiefs overall defensive scheme since he came here. I am rarely shouting "what the fuck?" anymore at horrible mismatches or blown coverages when the Chiefs are on D.

I have dreamt of Mahomes having what Brady had, which is a top defense that doesn't require offensive heroics every game. Since the Spags hire it has felt like the defense has been good enough to not be "a problem", and allow Mahomes to go out and win. When we're in a hole it's almost never insurmountable. With the current group of players I'm hopeful this can be Spags best year ever, and raise the standard yet again.
[Reply]
kcgreene 10:27 AM 09-22-2023
Figured Id Throw this on this thread, Didn't see it anywhere, from The Athletic Yesterday.

https://theathletic.com/4884008/2023...eve-spagnuolo/
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:02 AM 09-22-2023
I still get trigged by spags putting DE's in coverage
[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 AM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I still get trigged by spags putting DE's in coverage
All teams do it, it's just one of those things.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:41 AM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I am rarely shouting "what the fuck?" anymore at horrible mismatches or blown coverages when the Chiefs are on D.
Amazing how that happens when you get rid of Sorenson.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:13 PM 09-22-2023
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Honestly, if you’re trying to make objective statements about this hire right now, whether good or bad, you’re a fucking idiot.

There’s a whole offseason to play out. Let’s see what some guys say about it that have played for him. Let’s see if we do make the 4-3 switch, which would be great IMO. Let’s see who is added to the roster.

WORST case scenario, Andy is maybe looking at Spags’ scheme and saying, he’s aggressive so if we do end up giving up a lot of points in a game, maybe it won’t take 12 to 15 plays to do it. No more keeping Mahomes off the field for 2/3 of the AFCCG.

Again, let shit play out. If you don’t like it, maybe provide some actual reasoning to believe it instead of just, “WTF SAME OLD SHIT WE SUCK!!!”....

Pugs baby hope you’re doing ok. We miss you!
[Reply]
Page 303 of 324
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Up