ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 82
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 07:23 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
My God, Quinn Ewers is terrible. I can’t tell you how many times I watched Ewers miss this guy and thought, “That would’ve been a huge play, if not a TD, if Nix had thrown that pass.”
Why didn't he transfer? Surely they are giving Arch Manning the reigns next year right?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:27 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Smokeshow tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wasn't she having a showdown with Caitlin Clark in the women Semi-finals.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:30 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Mvs lol. So bad at creating separation vs man coverage.

I wonder why Hardman couldn’t help maybe he lost a step.
Hardman ended up in the hospital with a weird condition that paralyzed his legs back in 2022. It’s not surprising if he lost some speed as a result of this unfortunate health problem. I’m sure he’s very grateful to be walking these days, and even managed to have a couple huge plays in the most recent Super Bowl victory. Good for him!
[Reply]
philfree 08:03 PM 04-28-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hardman ended up in the hospital with a weird condition that paralyzed his legs back in 2022. It’s not surprising if he lost some speed as a result of this unfortunate health problem. I’m sure he’s very grateful to be walking these days, and even managed to have a couple huge plays in the most recent Super Bowl victory. Good for him!
His abbs were torn off his pelvis I think. I know a PBR rider who had the same issue. Ouch!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:49 PM 04-28-2024
Can Youtube PLEASE officially ban Luke Christopher's "Intro" from ALL highlight videos?! So redundant, it's absurd!

Rant over... Worthy was probably the most exciting possible pick for us and I'm excited to have him!
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 09:13 PM 04-28-2024

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:35 PM 04-28-2024
Ex-USC QB Marcus Grant from NFLN’s Fantasy Live picked Worthy as his top fantasy points-producing rookie WR this season today. Ahead of Nabers, MHJr, Odunze…everybody. Said he’s “much more than a speed guy” with good YAC like Rice.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:05 AM 04-29-2024
Every snap in 23 boys. https://youtu.be/g0jONoybrQ8?si=yVUfPpJ0ToN6IYUY
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:58 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Ex-USC QB Marcus Grant from NFLN’s Fantasy Live picked Worthy as his top fantasy points-producing rookie WR this season today. Ahead of Nabers, MHJr, Odunze…everybody. Said he’s “much more than a speed guy” with good YAC like Rice.
That might all be true but if he's not an "alpha" what good is any of it?
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:01 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
That might all be true but if he's not an "alpha" what good is any of it?
We should start demanding WR's be graded on their alpha status. An alpha rating, if you will. It's pretty important.

In fact, we need to start measuring the % of "dawg" in these players. Another extremely important quality that must be calculated.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 04-29-2024
When I hear somebody talking about Worthy as if he's just a straight line speed guy and gadget weapon, I immediately know they haven't actually watched him or done their homework.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 04-29-2024
When I hear somebody talking about Worthy as if he's just a straight line speed guy and gadget weapon, I immediately know they haven't actually watched him or done their homework.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:10 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's so annoying...it's just guys trying to justify the positions they had regarding what ever player it is.

Perfect example, was listening to Cowherd's podcast last night and he was talking about how Worthy has been injured a ton...right then, I'm like yeah you haven't watched him one bit lol.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Giving things a charitable reading, for certain coaches that's absolutely what he'd have to be.

We'll need to come up with some tricks to deal with the lack of play strength. It's a thing. A fairly significant one. He CAN be bodied off.

So we'll have to come up with motion, route combos and usage patters that really discourage/prevent teams from trying to get physical with him.

Not every team has a coach that can do that as well as ours can. So if you're viewing the guy in a vacuum, I could see reaching that conclusion.

But here? Well, we have a better shot than most at getting everything out of him. Reid's a wizard at motion, route combos and establishing/breaking tendencies.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:28 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Giving things a charitable reading, for certain coaches that's absolutely what he'd have to be.

We'll need to come up with some tricks to deal with the lack of play strength. It's a thing. A fairly significant one. He CAN be bodied off.

So we'll have to come up with motion, route combos and usage patters that really discourage/prevent teams from trying to get physical with him.

Not every team has a coach that can do that as well as ours can. So if you're viewing the guy in a vacuum, I could see reaching that conclusion.

But here? Well, we have a better shot than most at getting everything out of him. Reid's a wizard at motion, route combos and establishing/breaking tendencies.
I'm speaking more to the assumption that he's a gadget guy that can't run routes, track the ball, etc.

Sure, he's a very unique talent with his size, so you absolutely have to have a plan/role specifically for him, but I think not having one is more of an indictment on the coach than anything.

All of these young offensive minds like McDaniels, McVay, Shanaham, Slowik, Johnson, etc. would all know exactly how to use him too.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 04-29-2024
Don't ask him to do things he can't or isn't going to be good at though. Belicheck has made a career of that.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 82
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up