ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:01 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
According to the Miami Herald the Marlins attempted to trade for Bobby Witt Jr before his contract extension they were offering a package with the centerpiece being Eury Perez.
While I’m thrilled to have BWJ locked up for the next several years, the idea of Perez and Ragans leading the rotation would potentially be the best one-two punch since the days of Appier and Cone.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:22 AM 02-17-2024
Maybe the Royals pitching lab can get Schreiber back to form.

He was outstanding in 2022.

In 2023, he lost his effectiveness against lefties, while still dominating righties.

Sidearmer who relies on a nasty sweeper and rising four-seamer.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 11:29 AM 02-17-2024
They see a division for the taking and stadium that needs built. I like the aggressiveness.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:35 AM 02-17-2024
Not a big fan of trading prospects for middle relievers. Being on the other end of that is more enjoyable. But, that being said... this team could probably use the help.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:43 AM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Not a big fan of trading prospects for middle relievers. Being on the other end of that is more enjoyable. But, that being said... this team could probably use the help.
The book on David Sandlin is that he is likely going to end up in relief anyway.

But Baseball America does label him as a "sleeper" and writes that his 25.5 K-BB% ranked 11th among all minor league starters with at least 50 IP last year. So, yes, the Red Sox took on some good risk here.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:22 PM 02-17-2024
BWJ trying to get Olympic speed.

And notes from yesterday...
--How former Olympian Maurice Greene is helping the #Royals
--Why Bobby Witt Jr. wants to get even faster
--Anthony Veneziano's new breaking ballhttps://t.co/fqHveVzcQY

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) February 17, 2024

[Reply]
lewdog 02:38 PM 02-17-2024
Michael Massey just gave a ball to my son at practice.

He's our new favorite.
[Reply]
Coach 03:15 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Maybe the Royals pitching lab can get Schreiber back to form.

He was outstanding in 2022.

In 2023, he lost his effectiveness against lefties, while still dominating righties.

Sidearmer who relies on a nasty sweeper and rising four-seamer.
At worst, he would be a good righty on righty match-ups, especially against some teams who have a heavy right handed lineups.

If he somehow reverts back to his 2022 form, that can be beneficial for all scenarios (Royals flipping for prospects or maybe Royals making a run for a WC spot).
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:20 PM 02-17-2024
The Cutter - the Royals pitching lab's favorite

New Royals reliever John Schreiber has been working on adding a cutter to his arsenal. https://t.co/GPmDNR2q81

— Royals Review (@royalsreview) February 17, 2024

[Reply]
poolboy 04:29 PM 02-17-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Michael Massey just gave a ball to my son at practice.

He's our new favorite.
Damn that makes me antsy, I will be there in two weeks...cant wait
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:21 AM 02-21-2024
Hosmer announced his retirement today
[Reply]
Mecca 10:22 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hosmer announced his retirement today

Excited to take on this new challenge, MoonBall Media, and our first project, The Diggin’ Deep Podcast. The playing days are unfortunately over but I’m committed to giving back to the baseball community that helped shaped my life. Episode 1 live now. https://t.co/EjfJjgb5aJ pic.twitter.com/PlcX5h4fXc

— Eric Hosmer (@TheRealHos305) February 21, 2024

Apparently he's going to be doing a podcast now.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:41 AM 02-21-2024

When is his brother the construction worker who was his hitting coach going to be on? I wanna hear how he molded Hosmer into the best ground ball hitter in baseball.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:29 AM 02-21-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
While I’m thrilled to have BWJ locked up for the next several years, the idea of Perez and Ragans leading the rotation would potentially be the best one-two punch since the days of Appier and Cone.
Remind many how many playoff appearances the Royals had with Cone and Apes leading the staff?

Yeah, it was fun having them and Cone won a Cy Young, but it ultimately didn't get us anywhere.

Setting that anecdote aside, you don't trade a young everyday potential superstar for a young phenom pitcher whose arm could blow out and go craps anyday.

That's just bad business.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:30 AM 02-21-2024

Good for him.

As long as it's not as a hitting instructor, he has my endorsement. :-)
[Reply]
Page 17 of 57
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up