ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 70
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Media Center>Doctor Who
keg in kc 12:57 PM 03-30-2011
Been meaning to start a thread on this for years and never have for some reason. Big fan of both the original (what I've seen/remember of it...) and the rebooted series.

New doctor:

[Reply]
Jawshco 02:07 AM 09-05-2011
The Dollhouse episode didn't seem very original to me. I could swear I've seen that same story before somewhere else. At any rate, the dolls were sufficiently creepy, and it was a big departure from most of the recent Doctor Who episodes. I liked the fact that this episode could have easily been about Tennet's Doctor with Rose & Mickey in tow. Style- wise I liked that throw back a little. It was an enjoyable one. However, continuity wise it seemed a little wonky as my 10 year old daughter pointed out- Amy and Rory seemed pretty calm for parents missing their baby. It did seem like the episode should have played earlier in series 6. Fun all the same.
[Reply]
Valiant 01:22 PM 09-05-2011
For some reason my DVR did not pick up the third riech one.. The dollhouse was bland..
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:21 PM 09-17-2011
That was one sta-range episode. I like the change in dynamic at the end, though. How this all spins back to the start of the season should be interesting.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:35 PM 09-22-2011
Man, looks like 2012 is going to be a long one for Doctor Who. No season 7 until Autumn. So Christmas episode (and an Easter episode?) aside, we're going to be waiting almost a full year for new Who.
[Reply]
Barrymore50 09:42 PM 09-22-2011
Hopefully the longer wait will make for some better episodes! (I haven't liked this season much.) And maybe some cool multi-Doctor anniversary episodes???
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:01 PM 09-22-2011
Yeah, I haven't been blown away by the second half of season 6.
[Reply]
kc rush 08:23 AM 09-23-2011
I've finally caught up on this part of the season. I actually got a chuckle out of the Kill Hitler episode, and agree that the others were okay. The hotel episode had so much potential, but didn't pay off.

I'm interested to see how they do without Amy and Rory, however, I will miss looking at Amy.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:48 PM 09-24-2011
That seemed awfully light for the penultimate episode. Must be some heavy shit next week.
[Reply]
deadbabyseal 03:09 AM 09-25-2011
Stormageddon. Dark lord of all.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:50 PM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by Jawshco:
IMO, The very first Tennant episode, Christmas Invasion, was brilliant. The Doctor sword fighting the skully Sycorax aliens, in an Arthur Dent bathrobe was awesome. And, The Sycorax Rock! Ha! Cheesy RTD era as always, but my kids and I love watching that one.

The latter part of the season with Rose, the 3D glasses era, was good as well, but the next two seasons were progressively better.
Ok, now up to the 1st season with the current DR.

I think I'm on ep 3 and I think Tennant is now my favorite DR. He really grew into the role. This 3rd Doc has impressed me very little. He reminds me of George McFly...
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:36 AM 09-26-2011
Really kinda getting tired of the whole 'little kid singing' thing...

[Reply]
Jawshco 02:00 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Ok, now up to the 1st season with the current DR.

I think I'm on ep 3 and I think Tennant is now my favorite DR. He really grew into the role. This 3rd Doc has impressed me very little. He reminds me of George McFly...
Ha! Matt as The George McFly Doctor. I can totally see that. I also think he looks a little like Michael York.

Tennant is my favorite doctor as well. I also really like Baker, Pertwee, Troughten, McGann, and Eccleston. It's pretty close for me. There are some episodes where I'm feeling that Matt Smith is possibly the best, but then there are those where he seems like the worst. The Smith era has been the most extremely uneven era of any of the Doctors.
[Reply]
Jawshco 02:05 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by deadbabyseal:
Stormageddon. Dark lord of all.
You know... I kind of liked the Closing Time episode with Craig. It was goofy as you can get, but the dynamic of the Doctor with just the one companion really made it about the Doctor again. Which I thought was quite refreshing. It wasn't an amazing episode by any means, but an enjoyable one. I like the Doctor without Rory and Amy. I hope we get more of that going forward.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:07 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by :
There are some episodes where I'm feeling that Matt Smith is possibly the best, but then there are those where he seems like the worst. The Smith era has been the most extremely uneven era of any of the Doctors.
I think that has as much to do with the episodes as the doctor. Moffet's tenure as show runner has been almost as much of a mixed bag as Davies', although I think his highs are higher than Davies' and Davies' lows were I think (much) lower than Moffet's. But right now week-to-week you never know what you're going to get. Davies was at least consistently "meh" with occasional highs (usually Moffet-written episodes) and occasional bottomless abysses.

I didn't think i was going to like Matt Smith, but he pretty much sold me with his first episode (retarded "geronimo" aside). Amy Pond grew on me. Rory I could still do without.

As far as other doctors go, Tennet and Baker are my favorites. I seem to be the only one, but I couldn't stand Eccleston, and don't mind a bit that he left.
[Reply]
Third Eye 03:01 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

As far as other doctors go, Tennet and Baker are my favorites. I seem to be the only one, but I couldn't stand Eccleston, and don't mind a bit that he left.
I assure you that you are NOT the only one.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 70
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up