Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
eDave 04:09 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
But, It's at $91 now

I don't think you're cut out for this.
Win some, lose some. I'm riding it out long now.
[Reply]
-King- 04:13 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Win some, lose some. I'm riding it out long now.
...but why? Why do you think it won't go back to $10?
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 05:05 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I presume that most of us have some GOOG. It's a good day to have GOOG, especially when it's my largest individual holding.
Yup, GOOGL is my 2nd largest holding behind NVDA. It's been a very good day.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:31 PM 02-03-2021
In general the large caps are doing way better than expectations

Originally Posted by :
The blended year-over-year earnings-per-share (EPS) growth estimate for the S&P 500, which includes results already reported and the average estimates of analysts of coming results, is now positive 0.2%, with six of the 11 sectors showing positive growth, according to FactSet.

That compares with a growth estimate of negative 13.1% when the quarter started (as of Sept. 30), with 10 sectors showing declines, and an estimate of negative 6.9% growth as the earnings-reporting season kicked off in mid-January.
PayPal reported this afternoon and is up nearly 6% after hours
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:21 PM 02-03-2021
Just a shout out to Clay, Sold my CDEV at 3.00 today made about 3 grand. Thats after selling my IDEX a while ago for about 2 grand in profit.

The dude has some solid tips. Thanks
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:51 PM 02-03-2021
I bought cdev at an average of .96
[Reply]
neech 11:19 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Looks like a nice gem. I'm thinking of getting some DCP.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 11:19 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Okay what’s the story on CDEV? It’s gone up 5x in three months. Used to be in the $20s a couple years ago though.

Natural gas and oil company, what’s the future outlook in an administration pushing for clean energy?
[Reply]
neech 11:26 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Okay what’s the story on CDEV? It’s gone up 5x in three months. Used to be in the $20s a couple years ago though.

Natural gas and oil company, what’s the future outlook in an administration pushing for clean energy?
Good question, my financial guy advised me to stay away from gas and oil stocks with the new administration yet I see them going up so I don't understand it myself.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:30 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by neech:
Good question, my financial guy advised me to stay away from gas and oil stocks with the new administration yet I see them going up so I don't understand it myself.
My current working investing theory is that herd immunity, vaccines and summer are going to converge - causing covid to effectively disappear quicker than most expect.

This will result in a euphoric period where people travel (DAL), go on cruises (RCL, CCL - cruise people are like a cult), go to movies (CNK, did have AMC until I woke up last Wed. and it was 8x what I paid), and go driving all over (BP, XOM, COP). Also the Saudis and Russians are going to be trying really hard to make up losses - and I have a feeling game the price of oil up as much as possible for at least a little while.

All those stocks are still below well their pre-covid highs in Feb. Once they get close to those highs I'll consider selling. Then I'm just going back to mostly index funds and forget it for a while.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 11:31 PM 02-03-2021
Most of them bottomed out and were great buys. The demand is coming back and really have no where to go but up.
Probably are not good buys now but if you bought last March or so, $$$
[Reply]
neech 11:58 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
My current working investing theory is that herd immunity, vaccines and summer are going to converge - causing covid to effectively disappear quicker than most expect.

This will result in a euphoric period where people travel (DAL), go on cruises (RCL, CCL - cruise people are like a cult), go to movies (CNK, did have AMC until I woke up last Wed. and it was 8x what I paid), and go driving all over (BP, XOM, COP). Also the Saudis and Russians are going to be trying really hard to make up losses - and I have a feeling game the price of oil up as much as possible for at least a little while.

All those stocks are still below well their pre-covid highs in Feb. Once they get close to those highs I'll consider selling. Then I'm just going back to mostly index funds and forget it for a while.
That theory makes sense.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:37 AM 02-04-2021
Maybe oil and gas is good for a short play, and it probably is. But I've had several oil stocks for a few years and I'm slowly getting out. They haven't been profitable for me for more than two years and I think the writing is on the wall for that industry. It's in decline, and even the companies that pivot will take a hit during the process.

I tend to be a buy and hold guy, so others may have different strategies. But I don't see them being a good long-term hold any more. My past strategy was that they typically pay fantastic dividends so even if their growth was slow it was still a good play. But a 5 percent dividend doesn't make up for complete stagnation and decline over the past two years.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:37 AM 02-04-2021

I have no idea I just bought it because of CP.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:04 AM 02-04-2021

I have no idea but I sold just short of $3 after buying at 1.15.

There's no way I'm risking that profit with who's in the white house.

52-week high is good enough for me.

If it falls under $2 it might be worth buying again.
[Reply]
Page 470 of 934
« First < 370420460466467468469470 471472473474480520570 > Last »
Up