ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 88
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Bowser 04:05 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by redfan:
MAnnn, I forgot the kid almost connected on the double pass v 'Bama! He coulda JJennings'd the Tide.
I wonder if Andy will have a double pass in the playbook this year. :-)
We haven't seen a quarter of the crazy shit Andy has in his playbook
[Reply]
DRM08 04:12 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
I was actually just thinking about this. Because even if you think accumulating picks is your best option to improve the team...you've still given your biggest contender exactly what they wanted. Even THEY must not believe they can beat us this year.
Or the Buffalo front office people are really confident Xavier Worthy is gonna be a bust. There are a lot of talented WR's in the Draft and it's a crapshoot to find out which ones will be legit players at the NFL level.

My hope is that Xavier Worthy's Pre-Draft workout with Mahomes is an indicator of strong chemistry right out of the gate (similar to Rashee Rice), instead of the miscommunication on the field we have seen involving guys like Mecole Hardman, Skyy Moore, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdez-Scantling. None of those 4 guys worked out with Mahomes before joining the Chiefs roster.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:15 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

No seriously - as good as you think this play is, it's better.

QB put that ball probably 8 yards from where it should've been. It was such a bad throw that 9 times out of 10 you don't realize it was ever catchable to begin with. MVS just coasts into the corner there and you say "Damn, these guys just can't get on the same page..."

I mean that ball should've been thrown to the bottom left corner of the Alabama A. Maybe further to the left than that even. The QB missed by a TON and Worthy just keeps his feet, finds the ball and angles towards it without losing much speed at all.

It's just special shit. Not many guys can do that at all.

Looking at his highlights, his ball tracking is special.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:18 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean take every single thing I said about Hollywood and use it here.

I said Hollywood was really killed by his QB play and that if you had him doing the stuff MVS was doing (where MVS simply wasn't locating/tracking some of these balls) you could normalize his productivity and get a top 25ish WR for your troubles.

Exact same analysis. Which to be fair is one of the worries I had about Worthy as a pick - he does seem a bit redundant.

But he can absolutely provide a massive shot in the arm to this team's downfield passing game and it does not take much at all to then open up the middle even more.
Yep, I was in the Ladd camp because I thought Worthy was too similar to Hollywood. However, seeing the the contracts that came down this week for WR's, this makes a ton of sense. If Hollywood has a great year, he's going to demand a big contract. Drafting Worthy gives us the speed guy for a 5 year window, coupled with Rice you have a possible legit 1 and 2 WR locked in on rookie deals for the next 4 years of control.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:20 PM 04-26-2024
There is absolutely zero pressure on Worthy coming in.

It reminds me of Mahomes, to be honest.

Insane intalent who walked into an offense loaded with Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:22 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There is absolutely zero pressure on Worthy coming in.

It reminds me of Mahomes, to be honest.

Insane intalent who walked into an offense loaded with Eric Fisher, Mitchell Schwartz, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill.
And Kareem Hunt until he got in trouble. They would have beat the Patriots in AFC title game if they had Kareem. Just my 2 cents. Sammy Watkins was another valuable player, though he missed about 50% of the games with injury.
[Reply]
wazu 04:23 PM 04-26-2024

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:26 PM 04-26-2024
That's honestly terrible. Just use Tyreek. And X-Wing benched 5 more reps.

[Reply]
crispystl 04:27 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Or the Buffalo front office people are really confident Xavier Worthy is gonna be a bust. There are a lot of talented WR's in the Draft and it's a crapshoot to find out which ones will be legit players at the NFL level.

My hope is that Xavier Worthy's Pre-Draft workout with Mahomes is an indicator of strong chemistry right out of the gate (similar to Rashee Rice), instead of the miscommunication on the field we have seen involving guys like Mecole Hardman, Skyy Moore, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdez-Scantling. None of those 4 guys worked out with Mahomes before joining the Chiefs roster.
Maybe, but if you're Beane you HAVE to second guess your evaluation of Worthy right?
I mean we have schooled him so thoroughly and so often you'd think he had to have some reservations. Guess not though...
[Reply]
DRM08 04:30 PM 04-26-2024
Maybe, but if you're Beane you HAVE to second guess your evaluation of Worthy right?
I mean we have schooled him so thoroughly and so often you'd think he had to have some reservations. Guess not though...
Who knows. The Chiefs were gonna end up with a pretty talented young receiver, even if Buffalo refused to do the trade. There are still receivers available in the 2nd round who might turn out to be absolute badass players in the league. Buffalo managed to squeeze some extra ammunition in the rest of the Draft by moving back.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:30 PM 04-26-2024
Meh. There's just so many talented WR's that will be available in the 2nd. They probably just have a large pocket of players they really like and feel really good about.
[Reply]
wazu 04:33 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's honestly terrible. Just use Tyreek. And X-Wing benched 5 more reps.

The reason for the Desean compare is because that's who Reid compared him to. And the main topic was that Desean is close to same size as Worthy. Tyreek weighed 185.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:34 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Meh. There's just so many talented WR's that will be available in the 2nd. They probably just have a large pocket of players they really like and feel really good about.
I understand that, but Worthy's speed seemed fairly unique. Maybe they don't value it as much as we do though. Which makes sense.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:34 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
The reason for the Desean compare is because that's who Reid compared him to.
Yeah, he's far, far more like DeSean than Tyreek.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:37 PM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Not liking Worthy is one thing, but to have never heard of the guy who broke the 40-yd dash record is :-)
I don't watch the 40 yard dash. I know plenty about football though.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 88
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up