ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1499 of 4805
« First < 49999913991449148914951496149714981499 150015011502150315091549159919992499 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:24 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You have a draft with Locker, Gabbert, Manziel, and Bortles types...of course he knows teams like Denver are desperate.
It is kind of funny to me that so many of you have annointed PM as the next greatest QB of all time, but you so quickly dismiss the idea that Cousins is a solid QB and worth the $.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:28 AM 03-06-2018
Cousins is a turnover prone stat whore that's reached his ceiling.. Mahomes went on the road in his first start and beat 1st stringers with a 3rd string....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:31 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Cousins is a turnover prone stat whore that's reached his ceiling.. Mahomes went on the road in his first start and beat 1st stringers with a 3rd string....
Oh, don't get me wrong... they're already creating his wing in Canton. I know KC is destined for a decade of 12+ wins, there's no doubt. No doubt in my mind.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:31 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It is kind of funny to me that so many of you have annointed PM as the next greatest QB of all time, but you so quickly dismiss the idea that Cousins is a solid QB and worth the $.
Cousins is talented, no doubt, but he'd cripple any chance the Broncos have at improving the team around him outside of the draft, and Elway has shown a less than stellar track record of being able to do that. Anyone who's already crowning Mahomes is a buffoon.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:32 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Cousins is talented, no doubt, but he'd cripple any chance the Broncos have at improving the team around him outside of the draft, and Elway has shown a less than stellar track record of being able to do that. Anyone who's already crowning Mahomes is a buffoon.
I never said it would be the smartest move ever... :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:38 AM 03-06-2018
But he’s not :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:42 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But he’s not :-)
It's the NFL now... all QBs hitting FA will make crazy bank. Is Jimmy G worth what he got from SF? Hell no, he's proven little. Cousins has a better body of work.

But debating 'worth' is rather pointless since it's based on what the market drives.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 08:47 AM 03-06-2018
Only a knucklehead has PM anything more than an ascending player with a hig ceiling. Cousins is good but not good enough for 30M at this pont of his career.
We here at CP hope Elway is stupid enough to go all in on one player when there are so many needs.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:49 AM 03-06-2018
It's the NFL now... all QBs hitting FA will make crazy bank. Is Jimmy G worth what he got from SF? Hell no, he's proven little. Cousins has a better body of work.

But debating 'worth' is rather pointless since it's based on what the market drives.
I don’t think you understand how hard it would be to win a SB with a slightly above average QB like Cousins taking up that much of your cap, but by all means go right ahead.
[Reply]
TEX 10:24 AM 03-06-2018
Oh, don't get me wrong... they're already creating his wing in Canton. I know KC is destined for a decade of 12+ wins, there's no doubt. No doubt in my mind.
You joke, but KC has managed a half decade of 10+ wins with Smith, so...
[Reply]
TEX 10:51 AM 03-06-2018
Its kind of funny to me how you dont understand the excitement of the KC fanbase surrounding PM. Nobody has said he is going to be the greatest QB of all time, but some if us do feel that he can be special. The deal is, some of you do too. :-)
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:53 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Its kind of funny to me how you dont understand the excitement of the KC fanbase surrounding PM. Nobody has said he is going to be the greatest QB of all time, but some if us do feel that he can be special. The deal is, some of you do too. :-)
We live in the upside down. Denver fans hoping for the QB retread, wanting to draft a fucking OG in the top 5. KC fans excited about the future because of their 1st round QB....
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:09 AM 03-06-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
We live in the upside down. Denver fans hoping for the QB retread, wanting to draft a ****ing OG in the top 5. KC fans excited about the future because of their 1st round QB....
And it's not even like we're working with a first-gen Patrick Mahomes. We're getting Patrick Mahomes II. I figure they worked out all of the bugs with the beta version, so our version is going to be ready to roll.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:47 AM 03-06-2018
I used to go back and forth (business) between KC and Denver. Their guys and myself used to have good "conversations" about the Broncos/Chiefs and AFC West. I remember saying to those guys - just wait till Manning is gone - you guys will be in the shitter for the next 5 years (at least).

They would laugh and tell me "We have the best "D" in the NFL". My reply was "...And?"

Manning was an outstanding QB - I hated his damned guts, but a first ballot HOFer at the very least. Now? You guys are struggling. Cousins is nothing special. Washington released the "Status Quo" and traded for the "Status Quo" in Smith. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know - and further, how insane the QB market is - then I don't know.

But, Elway is desperate. He knows that if he blows this draft - he is most likely finished as GM. Right now, he still walks on water, but the end is near. So throwing money at Cousins (and the ensuing Status Quo) will most assuredly be the end of him.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:08 PM 03-06-2018
Don't misread what I typed... I get the excitement. I'm just mocking a few.

Originally Posted by Bewbies:
We live in the upside down. Denver fans hoping for the QB retread, wanting to draft a ****ing OG in the top 5. KC fans excited about the future because of their 1st round QB....
Totally... Denver fans have been here before though.

You joke, but KC has managed a half decade of 10+ wins with Smith, so...
True, 4 of the last 5 seasons were 10+ wins. Solid, no doubt. Doesn't mean that PM picks up right where they left off in 2017... there will be some growing pains. I think he should be a solid player and honestly wish him the best. I like watching good young QBs.
[Reply]
Page 1499 of 4805
« First < 49999913991449148914951496149714981499 150015011502150315091549159919992499 > Last »
Up