ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 563 of 3903
« First < 63463513553559560561562563 56456556656757361366310631563 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
wazu 10:48 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Italy has no new deaths or cases. What do you think that means?
The pope finally stepped in.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:48 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I get that, but it's not what I was commenting on. Homeboy I originally replied to said young people are dying from it. I was simply pointing out that it doesn't appear to be killing young, otherwise healthy individuals.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I legitimately have not read of a single American death due to COVID of someone under 50 who didn't have some underlying health issue.

I understand that. Even less conspicuous issues could be present, like that article I originally quoted in which the 20 had leukemia and apparently didn't know it.

Has there been a documented case of a young person dying of COVID due to complications caused by hypertension? If that's the case then damn near the entire Western Hemisphere is ****ed.

Has this been confirmed? If so, is the damage irreparable? I think the lungs are one of the few internal organs that can self-repair.
All the conditions listed are suspected causes for why some are falling critically ill, also men seem to be falling critically at a higher rate than women we will know more maybe once it is over, the young healthy people May not die but potentially still will need vents for 10 plus days , plus long term effects still unknown regarding lung function, I think a lot of people who got sars never recovered full function.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 AM 03-21-2020
I am not talking about Italy. I am talking about this country.

Most of the state's new death column is blank. Does that mean people are dying and they just don't want to update it?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:50 AM 03-21-2020
Experiment video showing how far your breath disperses when you cough, whilst using various types of protection. from r/Coronavirus

[Reply]
petegz28 10:50 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
The pope finally stepped in.
God, darn it, I almost went there.
[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 03-21-2020
Whatever dude.
[Reply]
Donger 10:51 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Most of the state's new death column is blank. Does that mean people are dying and they just don't want to update it?
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:52 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Experiment video showing how far your breath disperses when you cough, whilst using various types of protection. from r/Coronavirus

Interesting....good info
[Reply]
Fish 10:53 AM 03-21-2020
Damn...

New guidelines for visiting the health system
To protect our patients, visitors and staff from infection, we have implemented the following guidelines:

All visitors to health system facilities in the Kansas City area
We have implemented temperature screenings upon entry into our facilities. We have reduced points of entry at some locations to direct all arriving visitors to a screening station where someone will take your temperature. This includes health system employees. Every person arriving at our facilities must receive a temperature screening before entering.
Visiting patients staying at any health system hospital
For most patients, zero visitors are allowed. Exceptions include:

Outpatient visits at our clinics throughout the health system
For most patients, zero visitors are allowed. Exceptions include:

Any visitor who has a fever or other cold or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed in our facilities.

Unless you have a scheduled pediatrics appointment, visitors under age 14 will not be allowed in the clinic until further notice.

https://www.kansashealthsystem.com/n...mation#visitor
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:53 AM 03-21-2020
Interesting....good info
Not a perfect experiment by any means, but it does show the importance of at least coughing into your elbow.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:54 AM 03-21-2020

Does that mean people are dying in Italy and they decided to stop reporting it?

It could mean many different things. It could mean no new cases, it could also mean that where they are getting there information has not been updated.

If you look at their new death updates, typically they have a link to a news article.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:55 AM 03-21-2020
Not a perfect experiment by any means, but it does show the importance of at least coughing into your elbow.
to me it seemed like elbow and surgical mask were about the only two worth a shit
[Reply]
SupDock 10:55 AM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Whatever dude.
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 10:55 AM 03-21-2020
Does that mean people are dying in Italy and they decided to stop reporting it?

It could mean many different things. It could mean no new cases, it could also mean that where they are getting there information has not been updated.

If you look at their new death updates, typically they have a link to a news article.
Once again, dude. I am not talking about Italy. If that's your argument then have a nice day.
[Reply]
Donger 10:55 AM 03-21-2020
coughing into your elbow.
I was thinking about that phrase last night. Wouldn't it be more accurate to say "coughing into your elbowpit"? I tried to demo coughing into my elbow, and strained my neck.
[Reply]
Page 563 of 3903
« First < 63463513553559560561562563 56456556656757361366310631563 > Last »
Up