ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The Market is tanking
Titty Meat 02:51 PM 08-14-2019
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...bells-n1042211
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:46 PM 08-29-2019
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/24/what...lly-last-.html

KEY POINTS
* A “bear market” is when stocks see a 20 percent decline or more from a recent high — but they’re also marked by overall pessimism on Wall Street.

* Since World War II, bear markets have lasted 13 months on average, and stock markets tend to lose 30.4 percent of their value.

* During those conditions it usually takes stocks an average 22 months to recover, according to analysis from Goldman Sachs and CNBC.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:47 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I gotta say though, just like with many other things, Trump is proving who the real Americans are. Just look at the libshits rooting for the economy to fail so they can blame Trump. And they don't even attempt to hide it.
You think pointing out the state of the economy is the same as rooting for it to fail eh
[Reply]
scho63 12:47 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
August 29, 2018 - 26124
August 29, 2019 - currently 26392

So with a 350 point gain today that puts us up 268 points in a year? Yay Trump!

We could cherry pick dates all damn day. Jan 26 2018 we were at 26616 so we're down over 200 points from where we were a year and a half ago. Usually Rs overheat the economy a lot more before driving it into the ground, Trump is ahead of his time!

No, I don't think we are crashing yet and I do think we'll increase from here. It's just stupid when people post like Trump's some economic wizard.
Not so sure about that buddy..........:-)

Trump most successful of any recent president -- if you use his stock market scorecard

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ess-comparison

resident Trump likes to use the stock market Opens a New Window. as a report card for his presidency, and he says anyone just looking at its performance while he’s been in office is doing it all wrong.

A better measure, according to the president, would be to look at the stock market’s performance since the day following his election win.

“My Stock Market gains must be judged from the day after the Election, November 9, 2016, where the Market went up big after the win, and because of the win,” Trump tweeted Sunday. “Had my opponent won, CRASH!”

Stocks soared in the wake of Trump’s 2016 election win, with the S&P 500 rallying 20 percent in 2017 as traders looked ahead to the tax cuts and deregulation promises he made on the campaign trail. The surge became known as the "Trump bump."

The S&P 500 has gained 33.1 percent since its close on November 8, 2016. By comparison, the benchmark index has gained 25.8 percent since Trump was sworn into office on January 20, 2017.

While Trump has the best performing stock market in recent memory during the 702 days following an election win, he isn’t the only president to see success. Presidents Bill Clinton (+33.02 percent) and Barack Obama (+13.41 percent) also saw post-election gains over the same time period. George W. Bush (-29.96 percent) wasn’t as fortunate as his election win came right before the collapse of the dotcom bubble.


But Trump's ability to goose the stock market may be coming to an end. Since March 1, 2018, the day Trump announced a 25 percent tariff on all imports of steel and aluminum Opens a New Window. , including metals from China, the S&P 500 has gained just 4.7 percent.

However, it’s a more recent development that has Morgan Stanley equity strategist Michael Wilson concerned. He points to the market’s inability to positively respond to a de-escalation in the trade situation as a reason for worry.

“This is the first time markets have not responded positively in a sustained matter to what amounted to a de-escalation of the trade situation,” Wilson wrote in an Aug. 19 note to clients. “We think it effectively means the Trade put has also expired.”

Wilson has a mid-2020 base case S&P 500 price target of 2,750 - 4.5 percent below current levels. He says the index could plunge to 2,400 in a worst-case scenario.

Such a sell-off would surely catch the attention of Trump, who in 2017 told the Associated Press Opens a New Window. , "You live by the sword, you die by the sword, to a certain extent."
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:55 PM 08-29-2019
LOL - they still paint it as doom and gloom by the end of the article..
[Reply]
Fish 01:15 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I gotta say though, just like with many other things, Trump is proving who the real Americans are. Just look at the libshits rooting for the economy to fail so they can blame Trump. And they don't even attempt to hide it.
Which posters are rooting for the economy to fail?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:45 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Which posters are rooting for the economy to fail?
:-) this isn't a serious question, it can't be.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:52 PM 08-29-2019
I love how Trumpers claim the economy before Trump even got into office. I said it well before we had any of the current problems and even before Trump got into office that the first year of a presidency go to the previous president until that president passes something to change it. With Obama, that was the Stimulus. With Trump, that was the Tax Cuts. I said on this forum that the economy was 100% his as soon as he passed those Tax Cuts. Things were going very good then, I could have just said it was Obama's coattails but I didn't.

Trump could have rode the cuts for a few years and did the classic R Tax cut overheat. Deregulate, give tax cuts, overheat and crash. Instead he deregulated, gave tax cuts, then started a trade war. It's the reason the economy isn't doing well. He made a big old hole in it. The markets that farmers took a long time to establish are withering up. Even when the tariffs are gone, some of those them won't come back for decades. My dad owned and then rented out his farm for his entire life. I have family who farms. I don't want a shitty economy just so Trump looks bad. Shit, I want my 401k to do well so I can retire early. It's simple fact that Trump hasn't been good for it. I hope he gets something out of this, I really do. I doubt that the loss that was taken over the past couple years will be easily recouped by whatever gains he supposedly gets out of this. Most likely it'll hurt one industry to help the areas that vote for him, that tends to be his way rather than worrying about the entire economy as a whole.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I love how Trumpers claim the economy before Trump even got into office. I said it well before we had any of the current problems and even before Trump got into office that the first year of a presidency go to the previous president until that president passes something to change it. With Obama, that was the Stimulus. With Trump, that was the Tax Cuts. I said on this forum that the economy was 100% his as soon as he passed those Tax Cuts. Things were going very good then, I could have just said it was Obama's coattails but I didn't.

Trump could have rode the cuts for a few years and did the classic R Tax cut overheat. Deregulate, give tax cuts, overheat and crash. Instead he deregulated, gave tax cuts, then started a trade war. It's the reason the economy isn't doing well. He made a big old hole in it. The markets that farmers took a long time to establish are withering up. Even when the tariffs are gone, some of those them won't come back for decades. My dad owned and then rented out his farm for his entire life. I have family who farms. I don't want a shitty economy just so Trump looks bad. Shit, I want my 401k to do well so I can retire early. It's simple fact that Trump hasn't been good for it. I hope he gets something out of this, I really do. I doubt that the loss that was taken over the past couple years will be easily recouped by whatever gains he supposedly gets out of this. Most likely it'll hurt one industry to help the areas that vote for him, that tends to be his way rather than worrying about the entire economy as a whole.
How is it possible to take you serious when you say bullshit like this? Thats a flat out crock of shit propaganda lie.

Never Trumpers are the most dishonest people on the planet.
[Reply]
-King- 01:55 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I gotta say though, just like with many other things, Trump is proving who the real Americans are. Just look at the libshits rooting for the economy to fail so they can blame Trump. And they don't even attempt to hide it.
Kinda like how conservatives acted regarding unemployment numbers during the Obama years right?

It's weird how nobody brings up the labor participation rate or the U7 numbers anymore....

The fact is that both sides pick and choose what economic metrics to use and which to ignore and which to skew based on who's the president at the time. It doesn't make them real or fake Americans. It just makes them idiots.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:02 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
This thread gets better and better...

Up 1500+ points since June 3rd.
Up 3000 points YTD
Only 1000 points away from hitting another record...


Where are my screamers at...
It looks like President Trump got my message... Let's hope he stays on task and keeps his Tweets to topics that won't do harm to the things that matter to me.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:07 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Kinda like how conservatives acted regarding unemployment numbers during the Obama years right?

It's weird how nobody brings up the labor participation rate or the U7 numbers anymore....

The fact is that both sides pick and choose what economic metrics to use and which to ignore and which to skew based on who's the president at the time. It doesn't make them real or fake Americans. It just makes them idiots.

[Reply]
Shaid 02:13 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
How is it possible to take you serious when you say bullshit like this? Thats a flat out crock of shit propaganda lie.

Never Trumpers are the most dishonest people on the planet.

[Reply]
Loneiguana 02:21 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You think pointing out the state of the economy is the same as rooting for it to fail eh
You didn't notice the democratic representatives and senators pledging that making Trump a one term president is their most important agenda during a recession?

Or the democratic presidential nominees calling the employment numbers "fake numbers" and to release the real ones?

Or the democratic presidential nominees saying we need to make America great again?

Or all the democratic voters saying they have to vote democratic because, while during one of the longest job growth gains and stock market gains, they are suffering from "Economic anxiety "?
[Reply]
2bikemike 02:26 PM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:

Shit, I want my 401k to do well so I can retire early. It's simple fact that Trump hasn't been good for it. I hope he gets something out of this, I really do. I doubt that the loss that was taken over the past couple years will be easily recouped by whatever gains he supposedly gets out of this.

Most likely it'll hurt one industry to help the areas that vote for him, that tends to be his way rather than worrying about the entire economy as a whole.
Seriously your 401k has losses from the last couple of years? Mine has done pretty well over that period.

As far as hurting one industry to help the areas that vote for him. They all pick and choose who to help and who to hurt depending on Votes.
[Reply]
Inspector 02:31 PM 08-29-2019
If your investment portfolio has lost money over the past 2 years, consider firing your current money manager and finding a new one. Mine's great, let me know if you'd like his contact info.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 22
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up