ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 33
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:20 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
But what timeline would that be?

Would it be the one they defeated Thanos in, or the one he went and stayed in? Although I guess technically they would be the same?

**** i'm dumb.
Falcon goes back in time to get the Captain America that never came back and then they jump to the present. Fighting commences. Captain America goes back in time to where they pulled him from and Peggy Carter never notices he's gone.
[Reply]
-King- 05:02 PM 05-01-2019
Watched it yesterday. Not a bad movie but I had a headache trying to keep myself awake. Too long and boring.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:31 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched it yesterday. Not a bad movie but I had a headache trying to keep myself awake. Too long and boring.
Maybe movie theaters aren’t for you...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:34 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Maybe movie theaters aren’t for you...
Nah, I kind of get where he's coming from. Avengers being depressed and the Quantom Realm itself both got rather tedious. The payoff more than made up for it, though.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:57 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
"Cabin In The Woods" begs to differ.
He was good in Rush as well. That said I expect him to be in phase 4
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:54 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Going by how Endgame portrays time travel, going to the past in your reality doesn't alter your reality but instead sends the reality you went to on a different timeline. So, for example, if you went back and killed Hitler, you would create an alternate Hitler-free reality but returning to your time you'd still find Hitler in the history books.

Now, Cap going back to the 40s/50s (judging by the car in the last scene) creates an interesting alternate reality because a) that act creates a different reality for that version of Earth and b) it doesn't even disturb the Cap from that reality because he's still in the ice. (Although he'll be pissed to wake up and find out he's been frozen for most of a century and an alt-Cap came back and spent 50 years ****ing his sweetheart.) So that Cap could feel free to **** with that reality's Hydra as much or as little as he pleased, because it only changes that reality and not his. I doubt Cap could stand by and not mess with Hydra but, judging by his ability to return to his reality as an old man, apparently he made it through safe and sound.
This is exactly what the Russo’s implied. That he stayed in that reality and it was a new one from the universe we’ve seen. Also implied that it could be “revisited”.

Makes me think Evans might have indicated he’d be “open” to returning after a certain amount of time. This ending gives Marvel the flexibility to say goodbye to his character or return to it since he’d be in a different universe.

A noir Cap or a 1970’s espionage movie vs Hydra with Peggy and Howard does sound wonderful.
[Reply]
O.city 07:28 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
This is exactly what the Russo’s implied. That he stayed in that reality and it was a new one from the universe we’ve seen. Also implied that it could be “revisited”.

Makes me think Evans might have indicated he’d be “open” to returning after a certain amount of time. This ending gives Marvel the flexibility to say goodbye to his character or return to it since he’d be in a different universe.

A noir Cap or a 1970’s espionage movie vs Hydra with Peggy and Howard does sound wonderful.
But if he stayed in a different universe, how was he there at the end as an old man?

Are we thinking the old man Cap was actually him coming back from said other universe to the current one via the quantum realm?
[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 05-02-2019
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...oilers-a168050
[Reply]
RunKC 07:41 AM 05-02-2019
I’ve got the whole movie on a Chinese website (movie is in English btw) if anyone wants it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:42 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ve got the whole movie on a Chinese website (movie is in English btw) if anyone wants it.
Hmm. Maybe for research purposes.
[Reply]
O.city 07:44 AM 05-02-2019
So I've been wrapping my head around the timeline stuff and I think I've got it figured.

Going back to get the stones didn't change the current timeline, but created a new timeline in that old setting from that point on. Ok, i'm dense but I think that's right?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:32 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

[Reply]
RunKC 08:53 AM 05-02-2019
Here it is savages..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 08:54 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So I've been wrapping my head around the timeline stuff and I think I've got it figured.

Going back to get the stones didn't change the current timeline, but created a new timeline in that old setting from that point on. Ok, i'm dense but I think that's right?
Correct.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 05-02-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Correct.
Ok, makes sense.

So, when Cap is sitting on the bench as an old man, did he actually come back from the previous timeline to that point?
[Reply]
Page 18 of 33
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up