ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 33
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:07 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the fuck would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a fuck about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.
Yep. I loved the movie, but it's got its fair share of logical flaws. It's part of why I don't think that time travel will be used for much in other films (or at least not with regularity). I think they'll just say "We don't have any more Pym Particles. Shucks." and leave it alone. It'd just be too messy if they used it all the time.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:34 PM 04-27-2019
Backlash against fat depressed Thor getting made fun of. It’s a comic book movie. Outrage culture.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:43 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Backlash against fat depressed Thor getting made fun of. It’s a comic book movie. Outrage culture.
:-) Were they crying about his mom telling him to eat a salad? Can't have fat shaming.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:45 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Were they crying about his mom telling him to eat a salad? Can't have fat shaming.
fat people are the minority that's next in line to be pandered to for being "oppressed"

just wait, it's coming

we're going to have some romcoms with fat people
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:49 PM 04-27-2019
Oh yes. Apparently to please the SJW crowd, Thor should have went to counciling to deal with his PTSD. In a damn comic book movie. LOL, you can’t make this crap up.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:54 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
fat people are the minority that's next in line to be pandered to for being "oppressed"

just wait, it's coming

we're going to have some romcoms with fat people
Fat people aren't a minority.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 04-27-2019
Fat people aren't a minority.
They are onscreen.

And especially in superhero movies.

Can’t wait for the first plus size superhero trans womyn. Check two boxes at once!
[Reply]
RunKC 10:47 PM 04-27-2019
Hell, that IS what happened. They were running around with a gauntlet that had all 6 infinity stones already in it that could form to anyone's hand for damn near an hour. All Doctor Strange had to do was scream "somebody put that ****ing thing on and snap these assholes out of existence." Captain Marvel or Thor probably survive with some damage.

Doctor Strange: ****ing asshole.
Shit I guess he could have just opened one of his portals and had the glove transferred to somewhere on the other side of the planet or some other dimension where Thanos couldn’t get it.

I’m pretty sure Thanos would have been killed by everyone if he didn’t have the glove. His army was getting destroyed and he was starting to get his ass kicked. Hell he almost got killed by Maximoff.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:53 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Shit I guess he could have just opened one of his portals and had the glove transferred to somewhere on the other side of the planet or some other dimension where Thanos couldn’t get it.

I’m pretty sure Thanos would have been killed by everyone if he didn’t have the glove. His army was getting destroyed and he was starting to get his ass kicked. Hell he almost got killed by Maximoff.
You see?!? Maybe I'm not so crazy after all!!!

For real though, Scarlet Witch was about to rip him to shreds with her fucking mind or whatever you want to call the magic red glowy shit.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:05 PM 04-27-2019
Dr. Strange definitely had it out for Tony. I agree with that theory. What an asshole.

The whole time I was like Clint, put the stupid glove on and snap.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:11 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Dr. Strange definitely had it out for Tony. I agree with that theory. What an asshole.

The whole time I was like Clint, put the stupid glove on and snap.
Doctor Strange probably orders his steaks well done too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I dunno why Dr. Strange couldn't just open and close a portal on Thanos and his ship and end everything in 5 seconds.

It's a comic book movie. Try not to overthink it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:14 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I dunno why Dr. Strange couldn't just open and close a portal on Thanos and his ship and end everything in 5 seconds.

It's a comic book movie. Try not to overthink it.
I can't. I try but I just see the tear stained faces of Tonys family.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:24 PM 04-27-2019
Well played Dr. Strange. You played the most brilliant mind in the world and can now claim that title.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:20 AM 04-28-2019
Seems like he was pretty ****ing upset at everything after they first found him. Then the 5 year timeskip and he let go of resentment.
Being filthy rich and spending five years in a cabin fucking Gwyneth will mellow you out a bit.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 33
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up