ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 330
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:37 PM 05-04-2014
Extreme Rules wasn't just bad, it was WcW PPV bad.

Mix that in with a terrible network stream (wtf was their issue tonight? WM was great quality) and well it was a tire fire basically. The constant switching between high and low quality along with the random buffering and video snap backs basically made it almost unwatchable. I've dealt with pirated streams that had better quality.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:53 PM 05-04-2014
The cage match sucked, but I thought the tag match was great. Wasn't terrific by any means. But honestly the PG era is just lame in general when compared to the old stuff.
[Reply]
mcaj22 12:04 AM 05-05-2014
my review

RVD vs Swagger, vs Cesaro - Lot's of botches in this match until they got Swagger out, then the spots from RVD were nice but that garbage can is so ****ing flimsy it split open so when RVD did his splash onto it cut his eye badly. That's what they get for trying to use softer/cheaper weapons. That's the price you pay, higher injury rate. Match was okay, didn't feel like a great opener.

Rusev vs Xavier Woods + R Truth - the Putin thing was instant cheap heat, and they're only really connection to get this russian powerhouse over (they should honestly start using Bridgett Neilson and Dolph Lungren from Rocky, it's the perfect comparison). Match did nothing for me, I hate squash matches on a pay per view with a guy who isn't over and the fans reject because he's not being put over by anyone credible. The only thing that saves this match is Lana is by far the hottest female on the WWE roster they have had in years. Maybe even THE hottest.

Big E vs Bad News Barrett - Probably my favorite match of the night, only because it's two big guys that can really move quick with their offensive sets and that looks really nice for WWE style wrestling in that big ring. Also, the fact that Barrett has charisma and there was a title change. All of that kept me interested, and BNB is over with the crowd, which makes it fun. This was the best match because all of the matches after were predictable.

Shield vs Evolution - This was a spot fest of a lot of oooooos and aaaaaahs from the crowd. The problem is there was no ****ing story to be told, it didn't satisfy me and it was just something for three main guys (Triple H, Orton, Batista) to have something to do. Evolution ends tomorrow because Batista goes away for like 3 months to promote his movie, so what's the point, it's a dead end for both the Shield and Orton/Triple H.

Wyatts vs Cena - I've read a lot of backlash on this match, but I liked it for the simple fact that finally Cena gets beat by a stupid finish. Cena has been beating people for the last 10 years with Super Cena and other god awful ways to finish a match, and it was good to finally see a really bad finish beat him. I was satisfied that if there was going to be a stupid dog shit ending, that it went Wyatt's way and not Cenas. This is the first time I can ever recall an awful finish to a PPV not going Cenas way.

Paige vs Snuka - Indifferent. The womens division is really lacking, does nothing for me since it really is only Paige and AJ that can work. With AJ taking off they are back to one worker for an entire division to carry it. Everyone else is too green, too old, or too busy dating a male wrestler.

Bryan vs Kane - I think DB is capped on popularity, fans fell asleep a few times and Kane has lost a step to be able to work a main event. There was some botches and a lot of lulls in this match and I don't think it was the right booking to keep the DB momentum going post WM. Everyone is behind the YES chant so they only get excited when it's close to the match ending so DB stays over. There was a point in the middle of this match I said thank goodness I have WWE Network and I can fast forward through it.

All in all okay PPV, I'd say for the PPV after WM it should be a lot better, they should carry the momentum, but as usual they dropped the ball there. It's very telling that this Summer is going to be really hard for the roster because nobody is around to carry the talent. No Punk no Batista no Undertaker, no Lesnar, Triple will probably go back to a non competitive role til at least Summer Slam. What's next for Orton? back in the title picture? Who do the Shield feud with next? Back to the Wyatts? Are they going to throw Cena back in the title picture against their only other face that's over? There is almost NOTHING for these guys to do except rehash the same ****ing feuds over and over again. I am excited for Adam Rose and Bo Dallas, hopefully one of the gimmicks hits better than all of the other failed gimmicks over the last couple years. If they could push one of them early and fast it could help their poor summer options.

I'd give this a 4.5/10.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:39 AM 05-05-2014
The Cena/Wyatt matched got a lot of backlash because it deserved a lot of backlash.

Cena Rapadoo'd on the entire group again making them look extremely weak. WWE muted the crowd for the most part, so there was little energy and the ending was dumb. The crowd was laughing over the kid and the Wyatts, which is not good. They should of put over the Wyatt's when the crowd was redhot for them at Wrestlemania, but they completely fumbled that opportunity and they've been pissing down their own leg since.

Agree about everything else though.

Think the best decision WWE could do for the Main Title scene would be turning Shaemus heel again and letting him and Daniel Bryan work till Brock returns to Summerslam.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 01:43 AM 05-05-2014
Shield vs evolution was at least a 4 star match imo. The rest was meh, but it advanced storylines. People seem to be a tad angry that their streams were choppy, but don't let they cloud your judgement. It was an average paperview as should be expected in the pg era at extreme rules.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 01:45 AM 05-05-2014
I do agree with the backlash on cena vs wyatt. But what do people expect? When was the last time cena had an interesting, fulfilling feud?
[Reply]
Jerm 01:57 AM 05-05-2014
Fucking Cena LOL...the guy never ceases to amaze me.

He's zoomed past Hogan and is nearing HHH levels of ego/burying people...
[Reply]
Swanman 08:37 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good:
Shield vs evolution was at least a 4 star match imo. The rest was meh, but it advanced storylines. People seem to be a tad angry that their streams were choppy, but don't let they cloud your judgement. It was an average paperview as should be expected in the pg era at extreme rules.
For the PPV after Mania, it wasn't too bad. My stream worked perfectly, but I was watching it on a delay because of Game of Thrones.
[Reply]
TLO 11:51 AM 05-05-2014
n00b review;

Jack Swagger is boring.

Rusev vs R-Truth should have been on the pre-show.

Big E and Bad News Barret are both extremely quick and athletic for their size.

I'd like to see The Shield broken up, and have each member wrestle individually more. If not, maybe they'll feud with the Wyatt's now?

I literally laughed out loud at the ending of Cena vs Bray Wyatt. Hearing the announce team act like they were shocked and horrified made me laugh out loud again. I love Bray on the mic, but in the ring he seems a little boring.

The poor Spanish announce table....

Paige is hot, and appears to be quite talented. She makes Divas matches watchable.

Kane vs Bryan was a snooze fest. I'm a huge Bryan fan, but Kane brought the match down considerably. Who else might he feud with?

Overall I've enjoyed getting into wrestling, and this was an OK ppv. It still has my attention enough that I'm looking forward to RAW tonight.
[Reply]
TLO 11:52 AM 05-05-2014
Oh, and my stream was excelent. No complaints.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:59 AM 05-05-2014
I don't think I've ever been less interested in wrestling than I am now. I haven't watched Raw in weeks, I didn't give a shit about mania, and I just let my f4w/observer sub go after 7 or 8 years. I think I'm done.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 12:15 PM 05-05-2014
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/4746...vT7syQ.twitter
[Reply]
loochy 12:17 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
oh. well, bye

[Reply]
Fairplay 01:03 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:

Later dude.
[Reply]
Swanman 01:38 PM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by Big Smoke:
n00b review;

Jack Swagger is boring.

Rusev vs R-Truth should have been on the pre-show.

Big E and Bad News Barret are both extremely quick and athletic for their size.

I'd like to see The Shield broken up, and have each member wrestle individually more. If not, maybe they'll feud with the Wyatt's now?

I literally laughed out loud at the ending of Cena vs Bray Wyatt. Hearing the announce team act like they were shocked and horrified made me laugh out loud again. I love Bray on the mic, but in the ring he seems a little boring.

The poor Spanish announce table....

Paige is hot, and appears to be quite talented. She makes Divas matches watchable.

Kane vs Bryan was a snooze fest. I'm a huge Bryan fan, but Kane brought the match down considerably. Who else might he feud with?

Overall I've enjoyed getting into wrestling, and this was an OK ppv. It still has my attention enough that I'm looking forward to RAW tonight.
The Shield had a very brief feud with the Wyatts and the Wyatts beat them clean a few times. The Wyatt/Cena match was an overbooked mess that made Bray look weak and Cena look like a retard. It was obvious that Cena wasn't going to be allowed to escape, so in character terms, you would think he would just go for the pinfall but he didn't. Then to act so scared about a little kid singing, that was just dumb early 90's type crap. It made Papa Shango look believable.

The PPV was definitely carried by the Shield/Evolution match. The three-way was entertaining, it was good to see Bad News Barrett win and Kane/Bryan wasn't great but it had a few decent spots.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 330
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up