ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Culver's is wildly underrated. Coastal bias?
carcosa 10:57 AM 11-14-2017
Can we discuss this? Culver's has perhaps the best fast food burger in the country, but I never hear it get the hype that other semi-regional chains like In-n-Out (west coast) and Shake Shack (east coast) do. They also have excellent onion rings, amazing cheese curds, proprietary root beer, and of course the frozen custard.

Look, In-n-Out burgers are great. Shake Shack burgers are fine, too. But ButterBurgers blow 'em both out of the water, if you ask me. Tastes fresh and feels good. I think this is another instance of the freaking lamestream media on the left coast and freaking big city fat cats in "Poo York Shitty" not giving a hardworking midwestern brand its due.

Please share your thoughts and any Culver's experiences you've had.

Thanks.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:22 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I absolutely agree w/ their methods changing - and your thought about that and where they are today. T'is why it was so much better in the early nineties and prior.
McDonalds fries and fried apple pies in the 70's were the fucking bomb man.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:27 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
McDonalds fries and fried apple pies in the 70's were the ****ing bomb man.
oh yeah. Hell everything was better there, then.
[Reply]
88TG88 06:36 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
I have never had it but will try it when given the opportunity.

I've only had Five Guys once, I thought it was alright.

I will not wait for In N Out….overrated.

My choice these days is Habit Burger…quality, clean dining area, charbroiled burger tastes amazing.
Completely agree on Habit

SR, thoughts on Habit ? They have those out there ?
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:47 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by 88TG88:
Completely agree on Habit

SR, thoughts on Habit ? They have those out there ?

No - The closest is in Orlando, Fl.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:51 PM 11-14-2017
Habit gets my vote as well.

Top Notch shit being done there. I was very impressed.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:51 PM 11-14-2017

[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 PM 11-14-2017
For burgers, generally I'll hit Wendy's first. They're consistently good and closest to the house. Other than that, Steak and Shake is second, Culver's third, occasionally Hardee's (I'd hit them more often, but they're pretty far away) and then on rare occasion Red Robin. I never get burgers at McDonald's and don't get anything at all from Burger King.

That's pretty much it for burgers. Other fast food choices include Arby's, Taco Bell, Boston Market and Noodles & Company. Love their beef stroganoff.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:05 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
For burgers, generally I'll hit Wendy's first. They're consistently good and closest to the house. Other than that, Steak and Shake is second, Culver's third, occasionally Hardee's (I'd hit them more often, but they're pretty far away) and then on rare occasion Red Robin. I never get burgers at McDonald's and don't get anything at all from Burger King.

That's pretty much it for burgers. Other fast food choices include Arby's, Taco Bell, Boston Market and Noodles & Company. Love their beef stroganoff.
I've reached a point with BK I wouldn't eat it - if it were free.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:26 PM 11-14-2017
I've reached a point with BK I wouldn't eat it - if it were free.
Yeah, Burger King just sucks.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:45 PM 11-14-2017
Ive mentioned this before, but ill take Freddies anyday over Steak n Shake and Culvers
[Reply]
srvy 07:56 PM 11-14-2017
Freakin mayo on a burger killed it for me. Didnt help the reviewer was a slob.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:07 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ive mentioned this before, but ill take Freddies anyday over Steak n Shake and Culvers
I know a lot of you are on this Freddy's thing since they were born in Kansas - but they're dry and overpriced. I don't hate them - but they're definitely not as good as S&S or Culvers.
[Reply]
srvy 08:28 PM 11-14-2017
I know a lot of you are on this Freddy's thing since they were born in Kansas - but they're dry and overpriced. I don't hate them - but they're definitely not as good as S&S or Culvers.
I didnt know this it kinda ruins it for me now.
[Reply]
jspchief 08:46 PM 11-14-2017
I find Culvers burgers to be pretty forgettable, but I am a fan of their pot roast sandwich.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
[Reply]
otherstar 09:14 PM 11-14-2017
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
I like Red Robin, Cheeburger Cheeburger, Johnny Rockets, and Fuddruckers here in Maryland. They're supposed to be opening a Shake Shack soon, but I suspect it'll be months before I go there. I anticipate they'll have huge crowds once they open, so I'll wait for the shine to wear off.
I love Fuddruckers, except they are a little pricey for my budget.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up