ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 790 of 1208
« First < 290690740780786787788789790 791792793794800840890 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:21 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Tonight is a Papa Murphys thin crust sausage, ham, bacon, onion and mushroom

But the real treat comes tomorrow, making the 30 mile drive to get an honest to God gyro made by actual Greeks, and will probably pick up two more to bring home and will reheat the meat in the oven, for the next days lunch

Figure I'll go get some fancy new fishing supplies at Scheels while I'm there, but the main reason for the trip is gyros
That reminds me, has anyone tried the Arby's gyro? Is it anywhere close to accurate? I see the coupons, but I keep getting this vision of regular roast beef with a little Mediterranean seasoning shook on it.

I mean, pita is tough to fuck up, lettuce, onion, tomato and feta is pretty much a no-brainer. Even tzatziki is fairly straightforward all things considered. But gyro meat is critical to get right.

It's been so long since I had a gyro out and about, since there's a market that sells the meat and tzatziki made onsite. So I just make mine at home. But I would be nice just to pick a couple up without the muss or fuss.

[Reply]
SAUTO 04:13 PM 04-20-2018
Tonight is a Papa Murphys thin crust sausage, ham, bacon, onion and mushroom

But the real treat comes tomorrow, making the 30 mile drive to get an honest to God gyro made by actual Greeks, and will probably pick up two more to bring home and will reheat the meat in the oven, for the next days lunch

Figure I'll go get some fancy new fishing supplies at Scheels while I'm there, but the main reason for the trip is gyros
Papa Murphy's for me too Chicago no sausage add Canadian bacon and a cinnamon wheel for dessert
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:37 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Papa Murphy's for me too Chicago no sausage add Canadian bacon and a cinnamon wheel for dessert
Havent tried an Arbys gyro yet, probably because my expectations are pretty low for their gyros... the place I love has been around forever and is owned and ran by Greeks

The pita is always fried just right, and theres always so much meat, onion, tomato and tzatziki sauce piled on it that its a mess to eat... love them to death, I miss living in the big town :-)

But all things considered, this PM will do the trick tonight... I've become somewhat addicted to the 5 ingredient mix mentioned earlier, and PMs sausage is really quite good

Apologies for confusing your post and Baby Lees, answered two questions as one... when it should've been two

But hey give me a break, I get off at 11 am on fridays and took particular advantage of it today
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:22 PM 04-20-2018
is greek cuisine still around... up near jccc? i loved their gyro's and chips. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 06:26 PM 04-20-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
That reminds me, has anyone tried the Arby's gyro? Is it anywhere close to accurate? I see the coupons, but I keep getting this vision of regular roast beef with a little Mediterranean seasoning shook on it.

I mean, pita is tough to fuck up, lettuce, onion, tomato and feta is pretty much a no-brainer. Even tzatziki is fairly straightforward all things considered. But gyro meat is critical to get right.

It's been so long since I had a gyro out and about, since there's a market that sells the meat and tzatziki made onsite. So I just make mine at home. But I would be nice just to pick a couple up without the muss or fuss.

I bought some maybe a year ago or so when they first ran this special. And I really can't recall much about them, other than I know not to order them from Arby's now. I saw the commercials again and thought "Fuck yeah, those look good", then my deep brain action told me "They fooled you once...".

They're only $3 though, so you go to Arby's and order a beef n cheddar meal and grab a gyro on the side. If the gyro sucks like I recall you can always mash the ol' standby.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:26 PM 04-20-2018
The wife brought home Johnny's Tavern pizza.
[Reply]
threebag 10:33 PM 04-20-2018
Rib eye
Garlic Creole rice
Baked potato butter sour cream and chives
Garlic and herb garlic bread
Green beans
Corn
Grilled jalepeno
Fresh brew Ice Tea (no sugar)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:51 AM 04-22-2018
I sous vide’d a tube of sausage over night. Frozen, unwrapped and vacuum sealed, the 140 for about 10 hours.

It sliced up really nice and seared really well. I highly recommend it if you want easy sausage in the morning. Couple that with Baby Lee’s sous vide egg cups, and you’ve got yourself a helluva nice breakfast with very little fuss.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:34 AM 04-22-2018
The pic doesn't do it justice as we were elbow to elbow at a communal table. Anyway, red chile-braised short rib taco from the Rick Bayless taquería here in town.

Its a taquería & brewery; just go ahead and take all my money.

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:33 AM 04-22-2018
Looks killer, are those crunchy fried onions on top?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:53 AM 04-22-2018
Looks killer, are those crunchy fried onions on top?
Yep and they were great on their own.

His salsas are fantastic as well, not just the flavor, but the consistency. There are no drips, it just coats the chip. His salsa recipe doesn't show oil as an ingredient, but that was my guess. I'm going to try it next time I make salsa. Nothing worse than salsa splatter all over the table and a decent shirt.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:31 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I sous vide’d a tube of sausage over night. Frozen, unwrapped and vacuum sealed, the 140 for about 10 hours.

It sliced up really nice and seared really well. I highly recommend it if you want easy sausage in the morning. Couple that with Baby Lee’s sous vide egg cups, and you’ve got yourself a helluva nice breakfast with very little fuss.
Did you seal it yourself or just in the tube.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:36 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Did you seal it yourself or just in the tube.

Sealed it myself. Need to do some research to see if I could leave it in the tube.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:40 AM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Sealed it myself. Need to do some research to see if I could leave it in the tube.
Made the mistake with bacon once most flavorless bacon ever.

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:49 PM 04-23-2018
Lamb Ladoregano. Greek-style grilled with olive oil, oregano and lemon. Had it in Ft Lauderdale at the Greek Islands Taverna in February when working there. Was so good brought the SO back to Ft. Lauderdale for a weekend trip a few weeks ago. So now I had to make the same at home. Only I served it with spinach and roasted diced zucchini and red pepper instead of potato and their mix of green beans and carrots.

If anyone ever goes here, they have got to try the place. Homemade hummus was out of this world. Also the grouper Ladoregano was the best grouper I ever had too. Place is always mobbed. Casual atmosphere.

EDIT: Oops! Forgot the fig, goat cheese and walnut salad on greens with a raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing. Added now.
Attached: Lamb Ladoregano.png (521.6 KB) Fig,Goat,Walnuts.png (501.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 790 of 1208
« First < 290690740780786787788789790 791792793794800840890 > Last »
Up