ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Representatives from 24 teams expected to appear at Colin Kaepernick’s workout in Atl
Msmith 11:26 AM 11-16-2019
What will your reaction be if the Chiefs sign him?

Link:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/representa...111844990.html
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:29 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's not bizarre at all.

The guy doesn't want to play - he just wants to keep up the appearance of being black-balled.

And the reason why he's not on an NFL team is NOT his talent. Matt Moore has a job, FFS.

He's not on a team precisely because of shit like this. He flakes on this tryout (which was a largely unprecedented effort by the NFL). He shows up in a ****ing Kunta Kinte shirt. He barks at scouts to "Tell your owners to stop being scared..." and immediately goes on an anti-Trump rant to the media afterwards telling them they've been persecuted for the last 3 years.

And now Eric Reid - his boy in all of this - goes out to the media after a game and throws Kyle Allen under the bus after Allen kept the Panthers season alive for most of the year. Tries to stir up a damn QB controversy in favor of Kaepernick over his own damn teammate.

Why? Because Reid's just like Kaepernick. These guys are shit teammates who don't care about football and don't care about their teammates. They care about themselves and their own spectacle. You put Kap on any team in the NFL and he makes it the daily Kap shitshow every chance he gets.

Yeah, he's talented enough to be on a roster. He's also a me-first asshole who will disrupt any team in the league. This whole debacle has only further emphasized that.
At this point, I’d take a post-murder ray lewis wearing a kunta kinte shirt instead of a Jersey at mlb.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:38 PM 11-18-2019
I think Kaep should stick to product endorsements that match his image, like tampoons, vinegar douches, along with Johnson and Johnson (no more tears) baby shampoo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
At this point, I’d take a post-murder ray lewis wearing a kunta kinte shirt instead of a Jersey at mlb.
Lewis is a funny part of this story in his own right.

Ravens ownership is deep in discussions on signing Kaepernick - so much so that they'd actually involved Lewis in the dialogue.

And the day before he's set to fly out there, his girlfriend posts a meme comparing Ray Lewis to Stephen the house slave and the Ravens team owner to DiCaprio's slave owner character in Django Unchained.

I mean come the fuck on.

Kaepernick has been his worst enemy at virtually every stage in these proceedings. Was he kept out of the league because of his politics? Sure. It wasn't exclusively because the kneeling, though. It was the Pigs socks. And the Castro shirt (and his unbelievably ignorant and tone-deaf argument with the Miami Herald on account of it). It's the attention whoring and Kunta Kinte attire.

This guy's a radical activist first, a football player second. And if you're an NFL owner you simply do not want to deal with that shit unless this guy is going to be a slam-dunk difference maker.

Is Colin Kaepernick capable of being one of the 30 best QBs in football? Sure thing. Is the 22nd best quarterback in the sport worth the bullshit he'll bring with him? Nope.

Colin's good enough for the league. Is he also good enough for the baggage he INSISTS on bringing with him? No, no he is not. He's not a victim of circumstance; it's baggage of his own making and he simply isn't good enough to do that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 11-18-2019
Lewis is a funny part of this story in his own right.

Ravens ownership is deep in discussions on signing Kaepernick - so much so that they'd actually involved Lewis in the dialogue.

And the day before he's set to fly out there, his girlfriend posts a meme comparing Ray Lewis to Stephen the house slave and the Ravens team owner to DiCaprio's slave owner character in Django Unchained.

I mean come the fuck on.

Kaepernick has been his worst enemy at virtually every stage in these proceedings. Was he kept out of the league because of his politics? Sure. It wasn't exclusively because the kneeling, though. It was the Pigs socks. And the Castro shirt (and his unbelievably ignorant and tone-deaf argument with the Miami Herald on account of it). It's the attention whoring and Kunta Kinte attire.

This guy's a radical activist first, a football player second. And if you're an NFL owner you simply do not want to deal with that shit unless this guy is going to be a slam-dunk difference maker.

Is Colin Kaepernick capable of being one of the 30 best QBs in football? Sure thing. Is the 22nd best quarterback in the sport worth the bullshit he'll bring with him? Nope.

Colin's good enough for the league. Is he also good enough for the baggage he INSISTS on bringing with him? No, no he is not. He's not a victim of circumstance; it's baggage of his own making and he simply isn't good enough to do that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:13 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Meanwhile, in 'USA Today' world, . . .

As if Kap is the difference in any team in the NFL winning or losing anything of merit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:59 PM 11-18-2019
Oh doesn't he, now?

Go ahead and look at what that jackass has been up to with Stephen A Smith and his post-game yesterday.

Wouldn't want Reid on this team either. And no, Reid's not actually very good anymore (absolute trash in coverage; mediocre against the run - probably a slightly worse player than Daniel Sorensen at this point). Bbut he's a safety so he doesn't demand as much attention so you can put up with his nonsense if he's at least average.
And why does any of that matter any more than Jalen Ramsey mouthing off about some bs every single week? So Reid silently protests every game and every once in a while makes some comment to the media. How toxic. Reid would have been an upgrade and he would've been cheap, especially when we could have had him pretty much for free. I seriously cannot believe this is that much of an issue and a "distraction" even for a guy who still works hard, plays football the right way, and has talent. Kaep, I get. Anyone who wants to boycott a player like Reid for stuff that has entirely nothing to do with contribution on the field... I just do not get that at all. If he helps you win why the hell should anyone care? Kaep would not have, but Reid definitely would help.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:59 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And why does any of that matter any more than Jalen Ramsey mouthing off about some bs every single week? So Reid silently protests every game and every once in a while makes some comment to the media. How toxic. Reid would have been an upgrade and he would've been cheap, especially when we could have had him pretty much for free. I seriously cannot believe this is that much of an issue and a "distraction" even for a guy who still works hard, plays football the right way, and has talent. Kaep, I get. Anyone who wants to boycott a player like Reid for stuff that has entirely nothing to do with contribution on the field... I just do not get that at all. If he helps you win why the hell should anyone care? Kaep would not have, but Reid definitely would help.
I mean apart from the time he 'bout got in a fight with an opponent because he felt like the opponent 'betrayed the cause'?

Or again, was it immediately after a loss where he attempted to manufacture a quarterback controversy between his young QB that has kept the Panthers season on the rails and a veteran malcontent who hasn't played a game in over 1,000 days?

No, Eric Reid isn't a guy that just kneels in silent protest. He's a guy who goes on Twitter and stirs shit with members of the national media. He's a guy who started a fight on the field with a dude he called a "Cornball" for actually trying to work with the NFL on a project that has raised tens of millions for African American causes.

Eric Reid isn't quite the grandstanding clown that Kaepernick is, but if you think he's just some quiet monk who believes what he believes, then you're not paying any attention.

When the Chiefs managed to keep things tracking true for a couple weeks with Matt Moore, you can bet your ass that if Eric Reid's on this team he's out there crowing about how we should be signing Colin Kaepernick instead of doing what Moore's teammates did here and supporting him. Guys like Reid are always fine when things are going well but the moment adversity strikes they use it as an excuse for their platform and that's when they make things an issue.

Oh - and he'd be the 4th best safety on this squad while carrying a cap figure of $4.4 million and carrying $5 million in dead money if released next season. Reid isn't good. He isn't cheap. He isn't just 'silently protesting'. You're pretty much out to lunch on all points here.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:02 PM 11-18-2019
Did he wear his pig-cop socks to his workout? It's the ONLY thing that matters. I salute the 49er's for playing this fool out of his GUARANTEED contract. BRILLIANT! CK got played, big time. He has nobody to blame but himself. Does anybody really even care what CK is doing these days anymore?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:09 PM 11-18-2019
Kaep is half white and his adoptive parents are white and very well off. He has said the only problem he's dealt with was when his adoptive parents were checking in hotels and the hotel employees asking him whom he's with.

That's it, no police profiling and/or violent prejudice concerning being half black
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:09 PM 11-18-2019
I mean apart from the time he 'bout got in a fight with an opponent because he felt like the opponent 'betrayed the cause'?

Or again, was it immediately after a loss where he attempted to manufacture a quarterback controversy between his young QB that has kept the Panthers season on the rails and a veteran malcontent who hasn't played a game in over 1,000 days?

No, Eric Reid isn't a guy that just kneels in silent protest. He's a guy who goes on Twitter and stirs shit with members of the national media. He's a guy who started a fight on the field with a dude he called a "Cornball" for actually trying to work with the NFL on a project that has raised tens of millions for African American causes.

Eric Reid isn't quite the grandstanding clown that Kaepernick is, but if you think he's just some quiet monk who believes what he believes, then you're not paying any attention.

When the Chiefs managed to keep things tracking true for a couple weeks with Matt Moore, you can bet your ass that if Eric Reid's on this team he's out there crowing about how we should be signing Colin Kaepernick instead of doing what Moore's teammates did here and supporting him. Guys like Reid are always fine when things are going well but the moment adversity strikes they use it as an excuse for their platform and that's when they make things an issue.

Oh - and he'd be the 4th best safety on this squad while carrying a cap figure of $4.4 million and carrying $5 million in dead money if released next season. Reid isn't good. He isn't cheap. He isn't just 'silently protesting'. You're pretty much out to lunch on all points here.
Eric Reid was available practically for free last year.

He wasnt just better than Jordan Lucas and unmotivated berry. He was miles better. You don't think that wouldn't have made a difference in a playoff game where we lost to new England literally by inches in a defensive collapse?

His extension isn't that expensive and while not a superstar, you're exaggerating how bad he is. He was worth at least a look.

Other than the recent Kyle allen thing how in the world did any of his antics negatively impact his team? And how in the world is Reid lobbying for Kaepernick any different from Matthieu recruiting Patrick Peterson or claiming "we need more Dawgs"? I guess I'm supposed to be outraged by these kinds of antics.

I'm not saying Eric Reid was a can't miss superstar. But we all know why the Chiefs didn't go after him. And it had nothing to do with ability, chemistry, or fear of suspension.

I'd be curious to hear how Eric Reid wouldn't have helped us in 2018.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:17 PM 11-18-2019
This guy's a radical activist first, a football player second.
Slight amendment, the guy is a pussy hound, whose particular snapping gyro pressures him to be an activist, who happens to have had some football talent at some point.
[Reply]
jallmon 05:23 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I anticipate the day that Elway finally has 100 percent dead money on the salary cap with it all going to tall former quarterbacks.
It seems like the logical conclusion of horseface's moves.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:44 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Eric Reid was available practically for free last year.

He wasnt just better than Jordan Lucas and unmotivated berry. He was miles better. You don't think that wouldn't have made a difference in a playoff game where we lost to new England literally by inches in a defensive collapse?

His extension isn't that expensive and while not a superstar, you're exaggerating how bad he is. He was worth at least a look.

Other than the recent Kyle allen thing how in the world did any of his antics negatively impact his team? And how in the world is Reid lobbying for Kaepernick any different from Matthieu recruiting Patrick Peterson or claiming "we need more Dawgs"? I guess I'm supposed to be outraged by these kinds of antics.

I'm not saying Eric Reid was a can't miss superstar. But we all know why the Chiefs didn't go after him. And it had nothing to do with ability, chemistry, or fear of suspension.

I'd be curious to hear how Eric Reid wouldn't have helped us in 2018.
You’re downplaying the way he threw Allen under the bus too much, what a GARBAGE thing to do to a young teammate who, as DJ said, has been really solid for Carolina
[Reply]
FAX 05:52 PM 11-18-2019
Politics and sports are poor bedfellows. Always were. Always will be.

I'm keen on athletes entering politics after their professional careers. In fact, I think it's an excellent field of activity after experiencing the sacrifice, hard work, and competition found in sports.

However, when you're an active player who is apparently more interested in personal brand-building than the core issue you espouse and promote, it usually fosters counter-productivity.

It seems to me that Kapperdink is one of those guys who has gotten a lot of bad advice for a long time.

FAX
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:03 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You’re downplaying the way he threw Allen under the bus too much, what a GARBAGE thing to do to a young teammate who, as DJ said, has been really solid for Carolina
And that's how much different from the entire Chiefs team, especially Honey Badger, openly recruiting PP and Ramsey... how? Is that them throwing young Ward and Fuller under the bus? The media was baiting Reid to talk about his friend and he went a little overboard with it. I don't like it. But does that make him an unsignable locker room cancer? That's a stretch.

Is that really a good enough reason not to have signed him in 2018? Even bigger stretch. It's very hard to believe Eric Reid wouldn't have been high reward in 2018 at almost no $.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:28 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
You mean inferred?

And that's post is literally just comparing stats. How do you infer that I was impressed all I did was post their on pace stats and state that Kaepernicks are a lot better and are an upgrade from what Mitch is doing? How do you get that I was impressed from that post :-)
Whatever. So I missed up a word. Sue me.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 111718192021 22 >
Up