ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2343 of 3903
« First < 1343184322432293233323392340234123422343 234423452346234723532393244328433343 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:51 PM 06-16-2020

Mercedes Benz Superdome announces that an astounding 11.6% of workers — 32 of the 275 — renovating the building have tested positive for the Coronavirus.

— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) June 16, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 06-16-2020, 03:52 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
eDave 03:55 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I told all you dumb fucks last month but no one cared to listen.
It's the Roaring 20's out there.
[Reply]
Donger 03:56 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
misrepresentation (lie) of why they were admitted.
What evidence do you have that this has taken place?
[Reply]
eDave 03:59 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
It all goes back to Dr's getting paid more for Covid diagnosis', and all that bullshit.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:04 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
looks like dallas had over 70% of their ICU bed capacity taken up as recently as a couple weeks ago, cant find anything more current...
I read somewhere that most hospitals ICU`s in normal times before Covid run at around 60% capacity.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 04:04 PM 06-16-2020
Personal discussions with close friend who is a lead of surgery at one of the largest Hospitals in Denver and voted for Hill Billary.

What evidence do you have it is not happening?
[Reply]
Donger 04:06 PM 06-16-2020
Personal discussions with close friend who is a lead of surgery at one of the largest Hospitals in Denver and voted for Hill Billary.

What evidence do you have it is not happening?
What was/is the motivation for doing so, based on this anecdotal evidence?

I don't have any evidence to show it isn't happening. Of course, I also have no evidence that it isn't being spread by 5G.
[Reply]
Donger 04:15 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I told all you dumb ****s last month but no one cared to listen.
Where's the problem?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/arizona
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 04:18 PM 06-16-2020
What was/is the motivation for doing so, based on this anecdotal evidence?

I don't have any evidence to show it isn't happening. Of course, I also have no evidence that it isn't being spread by 5G.
Dong
you are actually pretty entertaining most of the time.
motive=$$$.
Did not mention 5G. do not know what you are referencing.
I don't wear a tinfoil hat either.

The feds guaranteed $$$ for covid treatment to hospitals for the uninsured. peeps with insurance still gotta pay the deductible. Hospitals were not asking for insurance info when the word "covid" was mentioned. Yes my friend discussed this.

Carry On/.
[Reply]
eDave 04:19 PM 06-16-2020
Where's the problem?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/arizona
Arizona

Cases: The 7-day avg. shot up yet again. This is the highest number of positive cases added in a single day. (Likely catching up from weekend lag)

Testing: PCR testing is up by a couple thousand tests over yesterday. (Likely catching up from weekend lag)

Spread: Overall PCR positive test percentage ticked up again from 8.5% to 8.7% (based on 354K tests, up from a 6.6% low) and the average for this week is 21%. (Be aware this is only based on 269 cases. Total cases for a week are usually between 40K and 50K. Highly likely to fall tomorrow.) EDIT: Or maybe not.

Hospital Utilization: Hospitalizations are up by 4%. Overall ICU usage dropped to 80%, but ICU beds for COVID patients hit all time high. Ventilators in use for COVID also hit all time high.
[Reply]
Donger 04:22 PM 06-16-2020

#COVID19 case counts in Maricopa County are now over 20,000, with 1,377 cases reported yesterday, our highest number yet. We want to break the chain of transmission, not records for #coronavirus . Let's #MaskUpAZ keep #6feetapart and #SlowTheSpread. pic.twitter.com/xStAhjAt3m

— Public Health (@Maricopahealth) June 16, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 04:22 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Arizona

Cases: The 7-day avg. shot up yet again. This is the highest number of positive cases added in a single day. (Likely catching up from weekend lag)

Testing: PCR testing is up by a couple thousand tests over yesterday. (Likely catching up from weekend lag)

Spread: Overall PCR positive test percentage ticked up again from 8.5% to 8.7% (based on 354K tests, up from a 6.6% low) and the average for this week is 21%. (Be aware this is only based on 269 cases. Total cases for a week are usually between 40K and 50K. Highly likely to fall tomorrow.) EDIT: Or maybe not.

Hospital Utilization: Hospitalizations are up by 4%. Overall ICU usage dropped to 80%, but ICU beds for COVID patients hit all time high. Ventilators in use for COVID also hit all time high.
I was being facetious. That graph shows positivity going from 5% to almost 20%
[Reply]
Donger 04:24 PM 06-16-2020
Dong
motive=$$$.

The feds guaranteed $$$ for covid treatment to hospitals for the uninsured. peeps with insurance still gotta pay the deductible. Hospitals were not asking for insurance info when the word "covid" was mentioned. Yes my friend discussed this.

Carry On/.
Here you go:

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...D-19-payments/
[Reply]
stumppy 04:24 PM 06-16-2020
Dong
motive=$$$.

Carry On/.
:-)

You're "lead surgeon" friend also works in the administrative side in admitting?
[Reply]
Donger 04:31 PM 06-16-2020
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced a new record high for daily coronavirus cases in the Lone Star State.

He attributed the increase in positive cases to an assisted living facility in Collin County near Dallas, as well the delayed reporting of numbers from Hays County near Austin.

Abbott said the state will see an increase of 2,622 cases on Tuesday, surpassing the previous record high of 2,504 on June 10.

And while the hospitalization rate has been increasing, Abbott expressed confidence in the state's capacity, with 14,933 beds available. The number of hospitalized coronavirus patients has been above 2,000 for the past week, with a record high of 2,518 reported on Tuesday.

"Even though there are more people hospitalized, we still remain at the lowest threat level to our hospital capacity," he said.

Still, the governor urged Texans to be diligent about wearing masks, washing hands, and practicing social distance measures.

"We just want to double down in reminding everybody that these things that we learned over March and April in May, they still have to be practiced, because Covid-19 hasn't suddenly magically left the state of Texas," he said.

The governor also reported that some counties are seeing a sharp increase in positive tests among people under the age 30, suggesting that could be a result of looser restrictions at bars and Memorial Day gatherings. Abbott said the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission warned this week that bars and restaurants must adhere to state safety protocols or face liquor license suspensions.

"There have been pictures that I have seen and others have seen about these bar type settings where it clearly the standards are not being followed. I think enforcement's by TABC should bring these types of settings more into line," he said.

Abbott also said the increase in positive tests may start to decline now that Texas has tested "well over a majority" of jails and prisons, which he said have returned the highest positivity rate in the state.

"So now that we have gotten through most of those types of congregate settings, there is reason to believe that those testing positive — the number of those testing positive — should begin to decline a little bit," he said.
[Reply]
Page 2343 of 3903
« First < 1343184322432293233323392340234123422343 234423452346234723532393244328433343 > Last »
Up