ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Trevor Bauer suspended 324 games
ChiTown 03:32 PM 04-29-2022

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:47 PM 04-29-2022
Three factors worked against Bauer here, and none of them involve his alleged 'crime' (kinky sex with an extortionist).

#1 This allows the Dodgers to get out of the contract without having to pay anything. That's the biggest factor. The Dodgers didn't want to keep Bauer and they're the big spender of the entire league.

#2 Additionally, Manfred had a really good baseball reporter fired because he wrote very mildly critical things about Manfred (Ken Rosenthal). Bauer has been outspoken in his criticism of Manfred and MLB so it doesn't surprise me they went for the blackball card. Just a spite move.

#3 Racism also seems to have played a factor, as there are many examples of diverse domestic violence offenders across baseball that have had very light punishments in comparison (Ozuna got what, 20 games)? And they legit did bad things (2 police witnessed Ozuna beat his wife), whereas Bauer committed no crime at all.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:48 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Three factors worked against Bauer here, and none of them involve his alleged 'crime' (kinky sex with an extortionist).

#1 This allows the Dodgers to get out of the contract without having to pay anything. That's the biggest factor. The Dodgers didn't want to keep Bauer and they're the big spender of the entire league.

#2 Additionally, Manfred had a really good baseball reporter fired because he wrote very mildly critical things about Manfred (Ken Rosenthal). Bauer has been outspoken in his criticism of Manfred and MLB so it doesn't surprise me they went for the blackball card. Just a spite move.

#3 Racism also seems to have played a factor, as there are many examples of diverse domestic violence offenders across baseball that have had very light punishments in comparison (Ozuna got what, 20 games)? And they legit did bad things (2 police witnessed Ozuna beat his wife), whereas Bauer committed no crime at all.
The cops were caught lying on their body cams about what happened to Ozuna, so as much as you'd like to make it about some kind of reverse discrimination, that claim holds absolutely no water.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 06:47 PM 04-29-2022
That’s why you stick to the massage parlors. Zero suspension, maybe 4-5 games, and guarantee $200MM.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 07:57 PM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by ArrowHeader:
That’s why you stick to the massage parlors. Zero suspension, maybe 4-5 games, and guarantee $200MM.
Robert Kraft approves this post.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:24 PM 04-29-2022
yet Deshaun Watson got a massive, fully-guaranteed contract
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:53 PM 10-02-2023

2 years later and I can finally talk about this ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/o6jFqMzY05

— Trevor Bauer (トレバー・バウアー) (@BauerOutage) October 2, 2023

[Reply]
crispystl 04:06 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
WOW
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:58 PM 10-02-2023
That might deserve a new thread.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:07 PM 10-02-2023
So why was he suspended? It sounds like the whole initial thing was thrown out years ago.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:09 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
So why was he suspended? It sounds like the whole initial thing was thrown out years ago.
He questioned Manfred for alot of things..didn't like him and MLB like NFL can suspend for player conduct without any conviction.

Basically Manfred had an ax to grind and used it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:13 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He questioned Manfred for alot of things..didn't like him and MLB like NFL can suspend for player conduct without any conviction.

Basically Manfred had an ax to grind and used it.
I'd go after everyone with a wrongful termination (suspension) lawsuit, including MLB/Manfred & the Dodgers
[Reply]
Mecca 04:14 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I'd go after everyone with a wrongful termination (suspension) lawsuit, including MLB/Manfred & the Dodgers
Good luck the MLB like the NFL has a ton of wiggle room with player conduct suspensions.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:15 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Good luck the MLB like the NFL has a ton of wiggle room with player conduct suspensions.
He's got $60MM reasons to do so (I think that's what he lost?)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:33 PM 10-02-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I believe he still got paid.

At this point he's probably best served to keep his head down. Shit, the pitching market is AWFUL. He should see if there's a 1-year deal to be had out there somewhere.

Dude exited the game as possibly the best RHP out there.

EDIT:

Looks like he got docked for almost all of his 2022 salary and about 1/3 of his 2023 pay. So he got about $64 million of the $102 million due on his deal.

Hmm....$40 million ain't asswipe money. But as has been noted, the player conduct shit is so broad. That's a tough mountain to climb.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up