ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sickness hits the Chiefs locker room ahead of AFC Championship
Monty 09:35 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I got a flu shot for the first time in a decade and here I sit with a 102.2 fever and the flu and a decent chance of missing the AFCCG.
Same here. Need to leave Dallas tomorrow night and still cant leave the house.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:54 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I got a flu shot for the first time in a decade and here I sit with a 102.2 fever and the flu and a decent chance of missing the AFCCG.
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Really sucks
[Reply]
BWillie 11:34 AM 01-16-2020
Cut them both.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:28 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Who in this thread is panicking?
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Cut them both.
:-)
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 11:45 AM 01-16-2020
https://youtu.be/Ip11Dk8tCBI
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:43 PM 01-16-2020
I've gotten the flu shot twice, and both years I ended up much sicker than all the others I've gone without. Don't know why, but it isn't for me.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:43 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I've gotten the flu shot twice, and both years I ended up much sicker than all the others I've gone without. Don't know why, but it isn't for me.
Ive never got the flu. Ever.

Ive had the flu shot once. I got the chicken pox once.

How are some of you so sickly?

But it begs the question, if you got the flu shot and then got the flu. Is it really that effective?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:05 PM 01-16-2020
Ive never got the flu. Ever.

Ive had the flu shot once. I got the chicken pox once.

How are some of you so sickly?

But it begs the question, if you got the flu shot and then got the flu. Is it really that effective?
It doesn’t protect you from all strains, but it does protect you from some - and generally lessens your symptoms if you do get the flu.

You also can gain immunities over time to more strains.

Talk to ER nurses about the flu shot. the flu still kills people, even young, healthy ones. Flu shot lessens the chance of that happening.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:26 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It doesn’t protect you from all strains, but it does protect you from some - and generally lessens your symptoms if you do get the flu.

You also can gain immunities over time to more strains.

Talk to ER nurses about the flu shot. the flu still kills people, even young, healthy ones. Flu shot lessens the chance of that happening.
Fair enough. I think since I don't have children I have an advantage, it's very easy for me to not get sick. Parents have to deal with their children coming home from school after rolling around touching everything, without a care in the world to disease.

But I play poker and handle chips all of the time which one would think could be a death wish. I've made a more concerted effort to not touch my face, or handles with my entire hand when I'm out in public but I've never had an issue with getting the flu. Someday something like the movie Contagion will happen and we will all bite the bullet.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:54 AM 01-17-2020
Fair enough. I think since I don't have children I have an advantage, it's very easy for me to not get sick. Parents have to deal with their children coming home from school after rolling around touching everything, without a care in the world to disease.

But I play poker and handle chips all of the time which one would think could be a death wish. I've made a more concerted effort to not touch my face, or handles with my entire hand when I'm out in public but I've never had an issue with getting the flu. Someday something like the movie Contagion will happen and we will all bite the bullet.

I didn’t get sick much until we had the kids. No kids/worked from home.

Years 2 and 4 (really any year they start a New school) have been brutal. I’ve had strep 3 times this year and my doc told me I should really think about having my tonsils out.

But yeah, man. Keep those hands clean.

And think about the shot.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:01 PM 01-16-2020
The flu shot is worthless.. not very affective.. have had one for years..
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:51 PM 01-16-2020
Flu shots rarely match the strain of flu going around. When I had hogs I was continually exposed to different viruses (strains) so never got sick. Now that I'm retired I don't get a flu shot either. If i feel any symptom starting I immediately get on the flu bomb. Usaually 4 doses over 2 days knocks it out. At the same time with the flu bomb it helps to take megadoses of Vit C and eat a slice of onion with the flu bomb.
[Reply]
kepp 08:01 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Flu shots rarely match the strain of flu going around. When I had hogs I was continually exposed to different viruses (strains) so never got sick. Now that I'm retired I don't get a flu shot either. If i feel any symptom starting I immediately get on the flu bomb. Usaually 4 doses over 2 days knocks it out. At the same time with the flu bomb it helps to take megadoses of Vit C and eat a slice of onion with the flu bomb.
What's a flu bomb?
[Reply]
ILChief 07:57 PM 01-16-2020
Just cut McCoy
[Reply]
BWillie 09:27 PM 01-16-2020
Maybe I've got the flu, but didn't even know it because I'm just simply so manly? Perhaps that is it?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up