ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 288
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread***
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 08-13-2017
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

2017: Preseason Game #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #1

2017: Preseason Game #2, Drive #2

2017: Preseason Game #3, Various plays in Posts 198-203

2017: Preseason Game #4, Various plays in Posts 292 and 294

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN

[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:08 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nick Foles, RG3, Kaepernick, etc. had great runs early on too.

I’m not an idiot that just looks at stats. I rely on the eyeball test, and while it was an impressive run, I just never saw it being sustainable. He was throwing up a lot of deep balls for grabs and his receivers made some great plays. I feel like he will struggle once DC’s start to figure him out.

Then again I’m talking to the guy that was sold on Blake Bortles after his 30 TD season after I tried to tell him it was fluky. Stop basing your football takes on stats like Clay and you won’t consistently look like a ****ing morn.
You guys are blind if you are thinking this about Watson.... please rereview the tape. I'm in the camp that believed Mahomes is our guy. But Watson is real
[Reply]
staylor26 07:10 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
You guys are blind if you are thinking this about Watson.... please rereview the tape. I'm in the camp that believed Mahomes is our guy. But Watson is real
I’m not saying Watson sucks. I’m saying he will come back down to earth and I just don’t see elite upside. Maybe tier 2, but not quite elite.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:12 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Of course you do.

Meanwhile, Watson scored 20 TDs in like 5 weeks.
How many of those were throw it up prayers that his wr came up with?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:12 PM 01-01-2018
I’m not saying Watson sucks. I’m saying he will come back down to earth and I just don’t see elite upside. Maybe tier 2, but not quite elite.
Well I can say I was more impressed with his Arm, I was led to believe he couldn't make all the throws. But he's got great poise, and the guy is an amazing human being.

After Harvey he donated his game check to two workers and did other thing etc. I think he has the mental part down, I just like mahomes "pure talent" more
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:14 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
How many of those were throw it up prayers that his wr came up with?
Not a lot, don't just think he did that because of Chiefs game man. He shredded Patriots and Seahawks with tight window throws and amazing deep accuracy
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:18 PM 01-01-2018
Yeah, no
Sure he is. First year guy that looks like a stud and will never stay healthy.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:19 PM 01-01-2018
Not a lot, don't just think he did that because of Chiefs game man. He shredded Patriots and Seahawks with tight window throws and amazing deep accuracy
Alex Smith also shredded that Patriots defense early on in the season. They were giving up 30 it’s a game like it was nothing.

The Seattle game was probably him most impressive performance and it came with the Watson many of us expected. He threw 3 picks that game I believe.

He’s dangerous because of his legs, and they’re toothpicks. It’s not sustainable.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:19 PM 01-01-2018
Staylor is right... Watson is a fine QB, a good one even, but he had some fluky plays every week. I still remember like 3-4 throws against KC that he just heaved up into double coverage and our DBs somehow didn't even knock the ball away.

He will be a fine player, but he's not going to put up those numbers consistently.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:23 PM 01-01-2018
Nick Foles, RG3, Kaepernick, etc. had great runs early on too.

I’m not an idiot that just looks at stats. I rely on the eyeball test, and while it was an impressive run, I just never saw it being sustainable. He was throwing up a lot of deep balls for grabs and his receivers made some great plays. I feel like he will struggle once DC’s start to figure him out.

Then again I’m talking to the guy that was sold on Blake Bortles after his 30+ TD season after I tried to tell him it was fluky. Stop basing your football takes on stats like Clay and you won’t consistently look like a ****ing morn.
Yeah, I was never sold on Bortles. The argument was over whether or not he deserved NFL Network's Top 100 status. Your argument was that he played a soft schedule and didn't deserve it; mine was that you really can't argue against it after a QB throws for THIRTY-FIVE ****ing TDs.

If Mahomes throws 35 TDs next season you'll cream your ****ing pants.

I actually agree with you on Watson, by the way. He was throwing up hella jump balls. That's a luxury you have when you're throwing to Hopkins and a burner like Fuller.. can't argue with production, though. Watson looks like the real deal.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:24 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Staylor is right... Watson is a fine QB, a good one even, but he had some fluky plays every week. I still remember like 3-4 throws against KC that he just heaved up into double coverage and our DBs somehow didn't even knock the ball away.

He will be a fine player, but he's not going to put up those numbers consistently.

He will throw 20+ INT's every year. His best asset are his legs.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:24 PM 01-01-2018
Those jump balls usually aren't sustainable
[Reply]
Pants 08:38 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Is 40 yards off your back foot really all that impressive for an NFL QB?
It is if you've been watching fucking Matt Cassel and Alex Smith for almost a decade.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:42 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
It is if you've been watching fucking Matt Cassel and Alex Smith for almost a decade.
Ugh. You're bring the depression feels into this most glorious thread.

But the end is near, and things are finally looking up.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:43 PM 01-01-2018
Watson is damaged and will never be great. Both knees now have major repairs. Once his mobility is hampered he will suck. That time is now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:43 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Ugh. You're bring the depression feels into this most glorious thread.

But the end is near, and things are finally looking up.
Chiefs football is finally going to be worth the ticket price.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 288
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up