ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Megadeth > Metallica
Bowser 12:21 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ironic that they all got together to play a song none of them wrote...
I just can't see Lars agreeing to do Hangar 18 or Seasons in the Abyss for some reason. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I just can't see Lars agreeing to do Hangar 18 or Seasons in the Abyss for some reason. :-)
Metallica is pretty good at giving Diamond Head credit when they do documentaries and such but when they play the song live, they don't often mention to the screaming masses that it's not their song.

The original is pretty bad ass.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 01-27-2014
While awesome.....I could totally see Lars in the back yelling about how everyone else only gets one drum. :-)
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:02 AM 01-27-2014
Metallica has gone thru their mid-life and now they're just trying to stay relavent. As far as recent work... I actually liked quite a few songs off of St. Anger but it's not exactly what anyone expected.
I still think And Justice For All is the greatest metal album ever made. I'd put Rust in Peace right behind it followed by Master of Puppets.

My views of metallica has definitely dropped from when I was a kid. Now by just seem to be middle-aged dudes with penis envy.
[Reply]
DMAC 11:06 AM 01-27-2014
I still prefer Ride The Lightning to any of it. Hetfields early voice was just so badass.

Ironic how now his voice is just unbearable.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:13 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by DMAC:
I still prefer Ride The Lightning to any of it. Hetfields early voice was just so badass.

Ironic how now his voice is just unbearable.
I know what you mean. That's one reason why I liked Justice. His voice was just starting to change and I thought the band had reached its epoch.

I'll be the first to admit that they went downhill afterwards. The black album is nearly unplayable to me anymore. Load and Reload? Shoot me in the fucking skull. S&M? Ok... Some songs are pretty awesome just because I'm a symphony nut nowadays.
I mean guys... C'mon. I don't expect you to go the way of ACDC or KISS, (playing for 50 year olds at the coliseum closest to the trailer park) but quit trying to change your target audience. Seriously.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:13 PM 01-27-2014
I love both bands, but I just cant quite put Megadeath over Metallica... Master of Puppets is an absolute masterpiece and I'd have to put it over anything Mustaine ever did.

While I havent liked all of it, I appreciate how Metallica has broadened its horizons, have really tried to grow musically, that takes a lot of guts IMO, its a lot easier and safer to stick with the tried and true... still love Megadeath, but I just cant put them over the kings.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:02 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
I love both bands, but I just cant quite put Megadeath over Metallica... Master of Puppets is an absolute masterpiece and I'd have to put it over anything Mustaine ever did.

While I havent liked all of it, I appreciate how Metallica has broadened its horizons, have really tried to grow musically, that takes a lot of guts IMO, its a lot easier and safer to stick with the tried and true... still love Megadeath, but I just cant put them over the kings.
Megadeth tried to grow musically and I would argue that some of their "growth" was infinitely better than anything Metallica ever did. Metallica peaked with "Puppets" and it was downhill ever since.
[Reply]
jspchief 06:31 PM 01-27-2014
Metallica has entire albums that I listen to. Megadeath has songs.

And Master of Puppets was their pinnacle.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:01 PM 01-27-2014
I really dug Death Magnetic.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:38 PM 01-27-2014
I wouldn't say that they're better than Metallica or Megadeath, but the thrash metal band I like listening to the most when the mood strikes is Exodus, the band Kirk Hammett left when he joined Metallica.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 PM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I wouldn't say that they're better than Metallica or Megadeath, but the thrash metal band I like listening to the most when the mood strikes is Exodus, the band Kirk Hammett left when he joined Metallica.
Great band.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:42 PM 01-27-2014
The greatest thrash lp of all time is Beowulfs self titled lp.

Agnostic fronts victim in pain is a close second.

Cro mags age of quarrel at #3
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 09:46 PM 01-27-2014
Remastering has destroyed the early thrash metal sound.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:49 PM 01-27-2014
Black Album > Countdown to Extinction
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up