ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 295
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Cosmos 12:02 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
IOL, IMO. DE is sneaky thin (since Speaks sucks, K-Pass is in a contract year and Okafor is a likely cut candidate next season).

But the value wasn't there at either anymore at IOL or LB so I get it.
Agreed, but remember this name...Tim Ward, a free agent DE on the roster who was injured last year. Coaches were impressed before he went down.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:03 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Agreed, but remember this name...Tim Ward, a free agent DE on the roster who was injured last year. Coaches were impressed before he went down.
Him and Darius Harris both got stashed last year and are likely to be on the team this year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No, boo-boo, no.

First, the OL came together in the last quarter of the season and in the playoffs, and we were able to run much more effectively than in the first half of the season.

Second, as a pure runner, CEH has the kind of vision, football IQ, acceleration, balance, and shifty-ness to find creases to run through that no one else in the RB room has. Which you would know if you had watched the Brett Kolmann video, which explains this in a way that even dummies can understand. There's pictures with arrows and everything. You should go watch it.

So even if the call is an interior gap run, this kid has the tools to find yards that our RB group couldn't find last season, other than Shady, who is also elite in those respects.

In fact, CEH is exactly the kind of RB you want on the field when your OL isn't playing very well. This kind of ankle-breaker can effectively hide a lot of OL issues as far as the running game goes.
It should be noted that the corpse of Lesean McCoy averaged 4.6YPC behind this line last year.

CEH will be fine.
[Reply]
Cosmos 12:03 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Screw Thompson. If Darrell is healthy, keep the big back with sweet pass-catching skills. Washington can spill Clyde, Darrell can spill Damien. The only upside Thompson has is that he got a lot of experience on specials last season.
Spell.....literally.

Lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
CEH and Damian are locks

I assume the rest of the spots are up for grabs with Washington having an inside track, they may only keep 3 as honestly Darrell Williams and Darwin Thompson haven't shown all that much.
Yeah, at this point, I see CEH, Damien Williams, Washington and Sherman as their RB's on the 55 with the possibility of Darrel Williams ending up on the PS.

Although I won't be surprised if they grab at least one more RB once the UDFA signings are announced, maybe two.

If history tells us anything about the Chiefs under Reid, it's that they can never have enough running backs.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:03 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It should be noted that the corpse of Lesean McCoy averaged 4.6YPC behind this line last year.

CEH will be fine.
McCoy looked better because he was shifty and what do you know we draft a shifty guy.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:04 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Watching tape of this guy and my god, his routes as a pass catcher are dirty. His jukes are other worldly.
His change of direction defies logic. And that spin move is filthy. He flat out abused Xavier McKinney for a walk in TD.
[Reply]
cb15 12:04 PM 04-24-2020
Call Houston and see what BO'B would give for Thompson :-)
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:05 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
McCoy looked better because he was shifty and what do you know we draft a shifty guy.
This guy doesnt fumble though. I think McCoy cost us two games with that issue. And he nearly lost a fumble inside the 10 in Mexico too. This kid is solid in that regard. Like Kareem solid.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:06 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
All the times it appears the defense has him reeled in 5 yards behind the first down marker and he always finds a way to pick it up anyway (or get damn close) is my favorite thing about him.

You ever watch Walter Payton?

It's like that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:06 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Still won't be able to run the ball if the O-line doesn't improve. How many times did we run it straight up the gut for no gain last year???

Answer....A ton!
The Chiefs offensive line was Bottom 5 in sacks given up last season.

The Chiefs didn't have a true Feature Back, which really hurt their running game AND their passing game because LBer's and Safeties weren't "cheating" by giving a look into the backfield because no one was afraid of 200 year old LeSean McCoy or Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson.

I fucking hate you "Offensive Line!" dipshits. This isn't the 1970's, moron.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:06 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, he's got that elusiveness and change of direction to make something out of nothing. It's a rare talent, and that's what you have to have if you've got a middle of the pack at best OL.

We're also not going to suddenly hand off 30 times a game. I mean, that's just not what Andy Reid does. I don't care if we had Barry Sanders and Walter Payton.

And Clyde's got a little of both of those guys going on.
CEH is going to run behind Damien and Washington this season. He'll see about 15 snaps a game. Remember he has to learn the playbook, and he has to make EB believe that he can pass pro just to get on the field.

But even if he jumps into the 2nd slot behind Damien, he still won't see 20 snaps a game because Andy isn't a run-first OC. There's only about 25-30 runs total in Andy's game plan from week to week.

So you're right, even if we had Barry freaking Sanders (how ridiculous would that be) Andy still wouldn't run much more than what we've been seeing for the last couple years, because he has Mahomes/Hill/Kelce.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:07 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Just watch his tape against Bama if you're in doubt.
Heh. Watch his games against Arkansas or Texas A&M. I was fucking giddy like a school girl watching that shit.

For those of you who are reminded of Barry Sanders when you watch CEH, you have to watch those games. He does his best Barry Sanders impersonations there.

And btw, when asked who he modeled himself after, his answer was Barry Sanders.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:08 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Just watch his tape against Bama if you're in doubt.

I gotta not watch it anymore.

I'm seriously seeing Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Marshall Faulk's receiving ability.

I've lost my shit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:09 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
CEH is going to run behind Damien and Washington this season. He'll see about 15 snaps a game. Remember he has to learn the playbook, and he has to make EB believe that he can pass pro just to get on the field.

The moment Damien tweaks a groin CEH will be inserted and the Chiefs will never look back.

Like Kareem Hunt after Ware went down.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 295
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up