Originally Posted by Simply Red:
you take that as he's staying?
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If he's over pricing Jalen then yes Ramsey will remain in JAX
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

yep
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:05 PM 09-20-2019
Just my opinion, but if the team has really been serious about picking up a top tier CB, and a lot of people on this board have expressed their concerns and desires in favor of acquiring a 'lock-down' corner, then Jalen is probably the best option on the table for the Chiefs.

The Chiefs aren't going to be able to draft anyone of the same caliber for the foreseeable future. Not picking at 30th or worse for the next five to ten years.

Ramsey is the best or one of the top three best corners in the league, and he's still very young. He's going to get even better, and his physical abilities aren't going to decline any time in the next 6-8 years.

If I understand the situation correctly, he's still on his rookie contract for this year and next year. Which makes him affordable in the short-term.

I know that traditionally we'd like to keep our first-round draft picks, but seriously, if you know for a fact that this guy is one of the best at his position, a position we are lacking in, a position of critical need when we go against the Patriots, i think it makes more sense to trade the pick(s) for a known premium player than roll the dice in the draft next year for a unknown quality player.

Add in the opinion of some that Veach has had trouble drafting quality CBs, doesn't it make more sense to just buy this guy off the Jags and have done with it?

On a sideniote, does the release of AB and his potential suspension for the season mean that Ramsey's price will go down a bit or no?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:05 PM 09-20-2019
Romper all the assholes re-tweeting things 1/2 a day old.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:07 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you were to do the Ramsey thing, you’d have cornerstone type guys at every level of the defense

Clark, Ramsey, mathieu

Need a lb that’s young and good but you’ve got draft picks there
Honey Badger better step up if he plans on being a cornerstone. Hasn’t lived up to the hype for me yet.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:07 PM 09-20-2019
If the Chiefs end up with Ramsey, I'll be happy, but if someone else does, the fact that the Chiefs helped drive the price up feels good too. That's an emotional win/win.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 04:08 PM 09-20-2019
Are biggest needs in the draft coming up is LB, CB and LT. Good LB can be foun in rounds 2 and 3. If you get Ramsey then corner isn’t as pressing. You can probably get Breeland back or a bargain type guy for CB 2.
I’d strongly consider moving on Fisher after this year which open some space as well and there isn’t much dead cap if I remember right.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:09 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

On a sideniote, does the release of AB and his potential suspension for the season mean that Ramsey's price will go down a bit or no?
AB isn't the only WR in the league that needs to be covered...
[Reply]
staylor26 04:10 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Are biggest needs in the draft coming up is LB, CB and LT. Good LB can be foun in rounds 2 and 3. If you get Ramsey then corner isn’t as pressing. You can probably get Breeland back or a bargain type guy for CB 2.
I’d strongly consider moving on Fisher after this year which open some space as well and there isn’t much dead cap if I remember right.
Yea trade away a good LT on a good deal who’s backup is Erving. Great idea!
[Reply]
MightyMouse 04:12 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Honey Badger better step up if he plans on being a cornerstone. Hasn’t lived up to the hype for me yet.
He isn’t a star player. He is a solid player, usually a good tackler, a good leader on the field. He is a guy you like on your team but expectations are to high because he isn’t gonna wow you with game changing plays.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:12 PM 09-20-2019
FWIW I just heard on Sirius radio that the Chargers are in and think he is the difference between them winning the division and having a serious shot at a Super Bowl. They think they can recoup some of the damage with a Gordon trade in the offseason.

They think their time is now. I agree with that sentiment too. They don’t have much longer with Rivers and it’s about time to start paying their other players.
[Reply]
notorious 04:13 PM 09-20-2019
We should push harder now that Brown is gone. Go and get Ramsey damnit.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:14 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If the Chiefs end up with Ramsey, I'll be happy, but if someone else does, the fact that the Chiefs helped drive the price up feels good too. That's an emotional win/win.
As long as it doesn't end up biting us, ie he helps somebody else beat us in the playoffs.

That would suck...
[Reply]
patteeu 04:16 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
As long as it doesn't end up biting us, ie he helps somebody else beat us in the playoffs.

That would suck...
Yeah, the thought of him going to San Diego isn't a real happy one. I don't care if he goes just about anywhere else though.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:17 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
FWIW I just heard on Sirius radio that the Chargers are in and think he is the difference between them winning the division and having a serious shot at a Super Bowl. They think they can recoup some of the damage with a Gordon trade in the offseason.

They think their time is now. I agree with that sentiment too. They don’t have much longer with Rivers and it’s about time to start paying their other players.
Pffff....

The Chargers have been listed as a team involved since the start. Mostly because Ramsey and James are butt-buddies and Ramsey use to play under Gus Bradely.

That is NOT a Chargers move. They don't do shit like that. And Dean Spanos is the cheapest, brokest motherfucker in the Owner's room. He ain't gonna pay Ramsey.

And even if they did (which i give a 5% chance of happening), Ramsey ain't getting them over the hump.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 04:17 PM 09-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea trade away a good LT on a good deal who’s backup is Erving. Great idea!
Overrated tackle and I’m talking about next year so Erving has nothing to do with this man. Andy is fantastic at working magic with what he is given on the OL. The Chiefs will be fine if you move on from him and can get a good pick in return.
[Reply]
Page 315 of 449
« First < 215265305311312313314315 316317318319325365415 > Last »
Up