ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 239 of 301
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:06 AM 09-03-2019
Holy shit this McBroom cat seems like a real liability on the base path. He had one alright year where he stole 10 bases out of 14 attempts. If you take out that year he has 10 SB and 16 CS.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:13 AM 09-03-2019
Well, it looks like Community America Ballpark will be vacant soon. So I guess the R's can play there if needed.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:22 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Jimmy's a 30th round draft pick too! Holy fuck! Do they ever do this? Promote a guy from AZL to AAA there first pro season? What's the end game here?

Duncan? PB? Anyone else? Can you guys stop arguing about our new owners finances and answer my fucking question?

It happens occasionally, typically to fill a roster slot late in the year.

Govorn has been a pleasant surprise. Small school guy with a great approach, which is sometimes your best bet for diamond in the rough types.
[Reply]
srvy 11:48 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So do the Royals build one of those tight little band boxes like the Astros?
Yeah and lets put a berm in centerfield.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:12 PM 09-03-2019
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...234640032.html
Originally Posted by :
It is the most important moment of the Royals’ last 20 years, with the obvious exception of 2015.

Many words have been written about Sherman in recent days, and I do hope you read my column in the immediate wake of the news and the one with insight from more than a dozen friends and associates.

The most important impact of his purchase: the Royals will stay in Kansas City.

Everything else is irrelevant by comparison, so we’re giving that fact two paragraphs to itself.

But, we have some time here, so here is some more: the Royals now have an owner who lives here.

Materially, I don’t know exactly how that might change anything. My sense is that the Royals will build better connections in town, both with sponsors and fans. Illig talked a little about that in the column, and I tend to agree, but of course we’ll have to see.

But if you spent any time over the years complaining about absentee owners, you have to consider this a positive.

I also think it makes a downtown stadium more likely. Vockrodt wrote a good piece about that here. I wrote this part in the column, but the Royals have privately been describing talks of a downtown stadium as “very exhilarating,” and a belief that various levels of government will support it.

There has been internal momentum toward a downtown stadium even before Sherman looked into the purchase. With him in charge all the pieces are in place.

Far too many moving pieces and years exist for anyone to say with any certainty whether the Royals will move downtown or remain across the street from that Taco Bell. But I do feel confident saying the chances of a move just went up.

We and I assume other outlets are trying to find out who Sherman’s partners are. If Terry Dunn is among them, that would be more circumstantial evidence of motivated downtown exploration.

Now, a disclaimer: Sherman and Dunn are friends and have worked together on various projects, and if a downtown stadium doesn’t happen there will be renovations to Kauffman when the leases are up in 2031. So, either way, a construction company would be motivated to stay close.

But, just something to keep an eye on.

Other than the team staying in Kansas City, and perhaps moving downtown, the thing fans are probably most interested in is whether the spending patterns will change.

And I have no idea.

Sherman has been in the weeds of transactions the last few years with his minority stake in the Indians, who haven’t been an enormous spender, but they have generally been above the Royals. The Indians have higher attendance and revenues, which factors into this somewhere.

He has said in the past that to be an owner you have to look at it like a fan, and think of the team as a community asset.

Does that mean he’ll be willing to dip into his own pockets more than David Glass did?

Again, I have no idea. It’s possible, but he’s also a businessman. We tend to think of Ewing Kauffman as a saint around here, and for damn good reason, but as the owner of the Royals he operated it like a business until the last few years.

There are some nerdy things I’m interested in here. I want to know if Sherman will push analytics more, and if he’ll want to copy some of the stuff the Indians have done with technology. I want to know what he prioritizes, both in building a baseball team and in life.

I want to know more about his motivations for doing this, beyond the obvious, and what it is about baseball that he loves so much. I want to know his favorite player, his favorite baseball moment, his favorite song and what he likes to do in his spare time.

But, yeah, mostly I want to know what the spending patterns might be like.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:32 PM 09-03-2019
Lol. Leases are up in 13 years. That’s the earliest a DT oark could happen. Yes they are better than suburban parking lots. No, you aren’t getting one here.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:12 PM 09-03-2019
Soler is now the season HR leader for the Royals, breaking Moose's record with 39
[Reply]
Bowser 07:16 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Soler is now the season HR leader for the Royals, breaking Moose's record with 39

[Reply]
tk13 07:38 PM 09-03-2019
Who wrote that article? I do not believe the Indians have spent more than the Royals the last few years. They obviously have the last couple years because the Royals went into a rebuild, but even in 2016/17 when both teams were contending the Royals outspent them considerably, by about $50 million dollars.

I think the idea of having a local person with a ton of KC pride as owner, and most of the rest of it all makes sense though. Those just seem like fan talking points that get regurgitated. Glass doesn't spend any money, the Royals don't value analytics at all, etc.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:47 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Just needs 35 more HR's in the remaining 23 games to break Barry Bonds' all time record.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:50 PM 09-03-2019
Moose a class act as always.

“It’s about time someone broke this record it’s been awhile” ������pic.twitter.com/JfT8wfBKZf

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) September 4, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:00 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Who wrote that article? I do not believe the Indians have spent more than the Royals the last few years. They obviously have the last couple years because the Royals went into a rebuild, but even in 2016/17 when both teams were contending the Royals outspent them considerably, by about $50 million dollars.

I think the idea of having a local person with a ton of KC pride as owner, and most of the rest of it all makes sense though. Those just seem like fan talking points that get regurgitated. Glass doesn't spend any money, the Royals don't value analytics at all, etc.
Mellinger
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:27 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lol. Leases are up in 13 years. That’s the earliest a DT oark could happen. Yes they are better than suburban parking lots. No, you aren’t getting one here.
You have face planted so badly on this issue
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:33 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Something tells me you probably wouldn't spring for the ~$15 round trip uber ride from the Plaza to DT on a frequent basis and I'm gonna go further on that limb to say you're going to be in a comfortable majority of people who will also make that decision.

Here's the best comparison to KC that I can be assed to look into. If Milwaukee can't see a clear positive fiscal impact on a downtown stadium then there's no fucking way KC can see one.
I may be in the minority but I go all over when I'm in kc and uber everywhere at night. It's part of a night out
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:40 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I may be in the minority but I go all over when I'm in kc and uber everywhere at night. It's part of a night out
The point is is that the price of an uber isn't the factor that you base whether or not you attend a game at Kauffman.

And you and I both are in the minority because we can afford it. Lots of dipshits in KC still drive wasted as fuck.
[Reply]
Page 239 of 301
« First < 139189229235236237238239 240241242243249289 > Last »
Up