ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 140
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:03 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Good grief, no he doesn't.

My lord.
It's not enough to live up to the $20m contract.

He now has to be better than if we traded up for a top 20 pick + the $20m we could have spent on other players.

That is one hell of an expectation.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:03 PM 04-23-2019
Word on the street is Clark Hunt approved the trade because he likes the kids name.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:03 PM 04-23-2019
I like it. Shows we want to win and win NOW. I still say we make a play at Patrick Peterson too. The money stuff always works itself out. They'll get someone to reconfigure or make part of it a signing bonus or some shit like that. Fans get caught up in the money too often. Just enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

You'd have to be a butt fucking moron to think otherwise.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we fucking draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For fuck's sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to fucking suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really fucking hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

He's horrible. He might be the weakest GM we've had since before Carl.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.
Agents love him too.
[Reply]
thabear04 12:04 PM 04-23-2019
So it’s not a done deal if Clark and Chiefs can’t come to terms on a new deal.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
You are completely ignoring opportunity cost. We lost the ability to draft cheap talent at #29 that gives us a 5th year option. We lost an additional 2020 round pick that had value both this year for a trade up and next year as a pick. We lost cap flexibility. And lastly, we also most likely lost one of four players that need to be re-signed in the coming two years.

We lost more than we gained. It's a bad trade no matter what you guys want to make yourselves believe. If your plan is to run a franchise for one season it's wonderful, but long term it was stupid as **** and very short sighted.
If the talent sucks does it matter that it's cheap?

Would you rather have Jaylon Ferguson than Clark cause he's cheaper? I mean honestly...
[Reply]
BossChief 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Fuck this trade

He would need to be a perennial all pro for us to get a ROI
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by thabear04:
So it’s not a done deal if Clark and Chiefs can’t come to terms on a new deal.
Correct
[Reply]
Warpaint69 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Reason I don’t like this:

Seahawks have a great gm and coaching staff and they need pass rushers badly.

Why would they move on from this guy if he’s good? They have more info on him than we do.
Cap space
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really fucking hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless
welll except for Veech being the main reason we have Mahomes under center. The best goddamn draft pick of all time.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
I think the misconception is that people are going to want to compare this trade to the Dee Ford trade which is understandable. If you look at Frank Clark's production compared to a Khalil Mack, sack wise they are very similar. Now I obviously think Khalil Mack is a much better football player than Frank Clark, but I think the difference in value is that Frank Clark is much closer to Mack than Dee Ford if that makes sense.

Obviously hate losing the first round pick but I think with Mahomes being on his rookie contract you have to take risks and give this team the best opportunity to win a Super Bowl today. I think adding Frank Clark achieves that and gets us closer. I don't think a rookie pass rusher at 29 would be enough, maybe in a few years but not this season.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Price seems a bit steep, but i'm ok with it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:05 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Overreaction Planet, gotta love it.
Just getting the draft day meltdown out of the way a couple days early this year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 PM 04-23-2019

Frank Clark is one of seven player with an active streak of 3+ consecutive seasons with 9+ sacks pic.twitter.com/o7BFMZJVP0

— ProFootballReference (@pfref) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Page 12 of 140
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up