ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 140
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 07:26 AM 04-24-2019
I am so tired of people turning this into "the chiefs are dumb they got rid of pass rushers to turn around and trade for a pass rusher"

God people are stupid as fuck.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And my point was it’s not apples to apples.
That was his point too.

They weren't going to get anybody like Frank Clark in this draft, even by spending a similar amount of capital.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I am so tired of people turning this into "the chiefs are dumb they got rid of pass rushers to turn around and trade for a pass rusher"

God people are stupid as fuck.
They got rid of damaged goods and brought in a flagship product.
[Reply]
TEX 07:28 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
Flowers wouldn't have played in KC for the same contract he took with the Lions. He wanted to play with Patricia. I'm an idiot, but if I had to guess I would say Flowers would have come here for 5/100. Prior to this trade in three years the Chiefs wouldn't have anybody on contract getting paid more than $13m a year (if they cut Watkins by then). Mahomes, Clark, and Jones will ultimately be paid well over $13m a year, but the Chiefs will have plenty of money, and this is pointless to discuss prior to the new CBA, which will most likely raise the CAP a shit ton after streaming services and cable get into a bidding war.

I didn't know how to feel about this trade yesterday and was too busy to look at it until last night, but it is a good deal for the Chiefs. The FO felt there were only 15 first round players in this draft. I can't say that I disagree. I am sure it has been said in here many times by now, but the picks traded away for Clark were equal to trading up to 24 in this years draft. There is no player falling to the Chiefs at 24 that is anywhere near as good as Clark. He is 25 years old, a badass on the field, but does come with a shitty past baggage. If he stays out of trouble this will be looked back on as a great trade. Chiefs D is soft as **** the past 20 years. I'm excited to see the attitude our new safety and DE bring to the D unit.
:-) Very well said sir!
[Reply]
Mulliganman 07:29 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Who are you counting on to rush the passer off the edge then? They could have put all their eggs into a rookie they traded up for maybe, sure. But if he flops, your defense is a lot weaker as a whole than it is with Clark.

There is no way they end up not giving up a 2nd round pick by Thursday night IMO either way. They would have traded up and used one just like they did for Clark.

So the dilemma is Clark with a $21M salary and moving up 8 spots in the 3rd round, or a rookie for a few million but they aren’t proven to be a good player yet (and even if they are, they won’t be great in year one probably).
I completely agree but he's convinced himself that we could have put the money into someone else out there in free agency while still getting a pass rushing end in the draft. But, it doesn't appear there was anyone else left out there the team is that interested in at this time. We may still find some post June 1st cuts to further refine the roster as well.
[Reply]
TEX 07:30 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
TRUTH!
And I for one applaud them for doing so! :-)
[Reply]
Munson 07:30 AM 04-24-2019
Initially I was pissed, but after sleeping on it I feel better.

We can all agree that Clark will have an instant impact. Looking at his highlights, he plays with a mean streak that this team sorely needs.

But I still don't like how Veach seems to get hosed when trading draft picks. He's not very good at negotiating.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:30 AM 04-24-2019
That was his point too.

They weren't going to get anybody like Frank Clark in this draft, even by spending a similar amount of capital.
I know that TwistedChief is happy with the trade. I was simply answering his question.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:31 AM 04-24-2019

God people are stupid as ****.
should we go through the list of all the people we would have drafted in the first round if you had been the GM?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:31 AM 04-24-2019
A friend of mine has turned into Duncan...basically telling the domestic violence makes it a bad deal.

All I told him was if you have no desire to be on the ride then get off.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:31 AM 04-24-2019
I really need the chiefs to extend Schwartz though
[Reply]
staylor26 07:32 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Initially I was pissed, but after sleeping on it I feel better.

We can all agree that Clark will have an instant impact. Looking at his highlights, he plays with a mean streak that this team sorely needs.

But I still don't like how Veach seems to get hosed when trading draft picks. He's not very good at negotiating.
The Rams couldn’t get a 2nd for Peters today.

The 49ers would not to be able to get a 2nd for Ford after next year either.

Veach clearly won the Alex trade.

This narrative is stupid.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:32 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
should we go through the list of all the people we would have drafted in the first round if you had been the GM?
LOL, sure go ahead, it's no different than anyone else even guys working in the NFL, everyone has hits and misses.

People today are overvaluing draft picks far more than they should be.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:32 AM 04-24-2019
The defense we have today wouldn't have cost us the game against the Pats last year. IMO
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:33 AM 04-24-2019
A friend of mine has turned into Duncan...basically telling the domestic violence makes it a bad deal.

All I told him was if you have no desire to be on the ride then get off.
Lol. So your argument is if you don't agree with the Chiefs bringing in yet another guy with domestic violence in his past you should stop being a fan?
[Reply]
Page 102 of 140
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112 > Last »
Up