ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Drama in New England
SHOWTIME 03:55 PM 04-17-2024
Apparently Patriots owner told the Falcons owner not to hire Belichick and not to trust him. Sounds like he's still bitter that Belichick pushed Brady out.

Originally Posted by :
One source close to Belichick suggested to ESPN that Kraft may be motivated to keep Belichick out of the league after seeing Brady win a ring with the Buccaneers.

“If Bill goes on to have success and Tom already had success, then who does [Kraft] have to blame?” the source said to ESPN.

Robert Kraft ‘a big part’ of why ‘blindsided’ Bill Belichick lost out on Falcons job https://t.co/wO1rtZleIQ pic.twitter.com/LzkRoFrXWY

— New York Post (@nypost) April 17, 2024

[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:16 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Belichick was on the McAfee show today. Don't know if it's a concerted effort to make himself the good guy or if this is really how he is once the facade drops but he was completely different. All smiles and dropping some pretty damn interesting tidbits.
Did y’all watch The Dynasty on Apple?

Very clear Kraft-directed hit job on Belichick. It was super entertaining but also dramatically skewed in a certain direction.

I have no doubt that Belichick is actually really fucking cool, engaging, and funny. If you listen to the Edelmans and Gronks of the world, you get a good window into who he is and how he needed to run things for his system.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:17 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You're in a cult.
what cult is that dude, hating both political parties or hating bad news outlets tell me more we should bring that into this thread
[Reply]
staylor26 05:17 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Very clear Kraft-directed hit job on Belichick. It was super entertaining but also dramatically skewed in a certain direction.

I have no doubt that Belichick is actually really fucking cool, engaging, and funny. If you listen to the Edelmans and Gronks of the world, you get a good window into who he is and how he needed to run things for his system.
Yea, all you need to do is go to any Patriots forum or their subreddit and you will see that the fanbase has turned on Kraft due to everything that has come out.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:19 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
what cult is that dude, hating both political parties or hating bad news outlets tell me more we should bring that into this thread
You know what you were doing and now you're playing dumb.

If it were any left leaning news outlet (in other words, the overwhelming majority), you wouldn't have said anything. In reality, they're no better, and in many cases, even worse.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:21 PM 04-17-2024
the patriots dynasty was bad and evil and corrupt and wrong and stinky

the chiefs dynasty is good and pure and the way and the truth and the life and smells like roses
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:23 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

You love your CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, etc. though don't you?
I do and I wear a mask. What u gonna do about it?
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:25 PM 04-17-2024
Well that's enough CP for the day lol staylor out here risking it all to defend the NY Post lmao
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:26 PM 04-17-2024

It's really fascinating how Reid and Belichick take seemingly opposite approaches to the same 'problem'. Reid seems to go out of his way to be purposely affable and lean into the lol fat man funny gimmick at times, even though we all know how ruthless he's capable of being. Belichick went the completely opposite direction and purposely drained himself of any personality whatsoever in public. It's pretty neat to see who he actually is.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:28 PM 04-17-2024
Well that's enough CP for the day lol staylor out here risking it all to defend the NY Post lmao
Nobody is risking anything. You are the one that has a history of doing stuff like that, then pretending you aren't being political. The only time I do it in the Lounge is in response. I will never start it :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:30 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
It's really fascinating how Reid and Belichick take seemingly opposite approaches to the same 'problem'. Reid seems to go out of his way to be purposely affable and lean into the lol fat man funny gimmick at times, even though we all know how ruthless he's capable of being. Belichick went the completely opposite direction and purposely drained himself of any personality whatsoever in public. It's pretty neat to see who he actually is.
Yeah, I don’t begrudge either. Just cut from a different cloth and then evolution happened. A lot of luck and fortune in both of their experiences. Seven years ago they’re not mentioned in the same breath, but now Reid’s “players’ coach” mentality seems so much more obvious than the “Patriots Way.” And Reid is a great coach but if he didn’t have Mahomes and Belichick didn’t have Brady, the world looks a lot different and maybe we’re gushing over Tomlin or someone else.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:32 PM 04-17-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I do and I wear a mask. What u gonna do about it?
I don't believe you. Hard to wear a mask when you're sucking cock all day.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:36 PM 04-17-2024
Yeah, I don’t begrudge either. Just cut from a different cloth and then evolution happened. A lot of luck and fortune in both of their experiences. Seven years ago they’re not mentioned in the same breath, but now Reid’s “players’ coach” mentality seems so much more obvious than the “Patriots Way.” And Reid is a great coach but if he didn’t have Mahomes and Belichick didn’t have Brady, the world looks a lot different and maybe we’re gushing over Tomlin or someone else.
I've definitely overly denigrated Belichick at times, even though I still genuinely believe he is overall an absolutely awful personnel man.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:40 PM 04-17-2024
We're also incredibly lucky to have retained Spagnuolo all this time. The fact he's inarguably the most accomplished and a top tier coordinator yet can't even get a single interview despite publicly stating he wants one every year is fucking asinine.
[Reply]
frozenchief 07:56 PM 04-17-2024
I think this was all taken out of context. Kraft clarified his statements:

Robert Kraft quick to address the rumors pic.twitter.com/jxhUFqeN0x

— McNeil (@Reflog_18) April 17, 2024

[Reply]
BigRock 05:32 AM 04-18-2024
Nice NY Post article, very useful
The NY Post doesn't have anything to do with this story. They're just quoting what ESPN reported yesterday.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up