ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4853 of 4897
« First < 3853435347534803484348494850485148524853 48544855485648574863 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:54 AM 05-03-2024
To be accurate you have to be on time. Drew Brees was very accurate because he was on time. Bo Nix is on time and accurate as well. I don't know where you guys are getting at from probably some b******* basement analysis.

Sean Peyton says he's accurate and that he and Nix connected. That connection is what made Drew Brees and Sean so successful running an offense. We'll see what happens. In the end, Drew Brees doesn't have s*** to do with Bo and Bo don't have diddly to do with Drew Brees.
[Reply]
TEX 08:54 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Agreed. And history shows that at least half of the QBs drafted, will bust. One or two might be 12 year starters, the rest are journeymen. All this noise that QJ is posting is just crazy talk for right now. I’m obviously hoping for the best with Nix, time will tell. I do think he is the day 1 starter.
Deal is QJ would be posting the same noise no matter what QB Denver drafted. Pre draft it was all about J.J. McCarthy, only because he had been linked to Denver. No mention of Nix then, and now, all this. :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:32 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Deal is QJ would be posting the same noise no matter what QB Denver drafted. Pre draft it was all about J.J. McCarthy, only because he had been linked to Denver. No mention of Nix then, and now, all this. :-)
Actually, the first draft-related post I made this year was a quote from Bo Nix at the combine. :-)
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:40 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Knowmo these Bo Nix Auburn SEC stats are terrible :-)

Absolutely putrid
Take a look at Jayden Daniels' time at Arizona State.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:50 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
That’s true. I was hoping they could trade back for Nix, but that’s not how it rolled. I did not want JJ or Penix. Nix should be a good fit, we will see how it plays out.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:52 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Take a look at Jayden Daniels' time at Arizona State.
I wasn’t a big Jayden Daniels fan but 3k yards, 17 TD’s, 2 INT’s and 3 rushing TD’s as an 18 year old Freshman is actually really impressive.
[Reply]
MagicHef 09:57 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I wasn’t a big Jayden Daniels fan but 3k yards, 17 TD’s, 2 INT’s and 3 rushing TD’s as an 18 year old Freshman is actually really impressive.
OK, so that makes 2800 total yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs and 7 rushing TDs as a 19 year old Freshman putrid.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:42 AM 05-03-2024
Knowmo these Bo Nix Auburn SEC stats are terrible :-)

Absolutely putrid

I rememberd Auburn Nix and went into the tape trying to make very sure not to operate with any confirmation bias. His tape made that easy. Auburn Nix is dead. Oregon Bo is alive. https://t.co/4wqtWcVTuZ

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) January 18, 2024

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 AM 05-03-2024
Zierlein's comp is Tony Romo, and he had him as a 2nd rounder, so that's obviously a ceiling comp.

Congrats I guess?
[Reply]
BEAVER 10:49 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Did a little digging on reddit to see what Auburn fans think of Nix, and the main takeaways were:

*Most say that he wasn't a bad player, but erratic, and the biggest problem was the OL
*He was coached by a potato
*Some say that's just revisionist history now that he's had success at Oregon, and that Auburn fans hated him while he was there

The most common comment I saw: he's an arrogant little prick with a sense of entitlement. Also, the locker room was against him.
Bo Nix looks like a guy that only played football to bang sorority girls.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:50 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
To be accurate you have to be on time. Drew Brees was very accurate because he was on time. Bo Nix is on time and accurate as well. I don't know where you guys are getting at from probably some b******* basement analysis.

Sean Peyton says he's accurate and that he and Nix connected. That connection is what made Drew Brees and Sean so successful running an offense. We'll see what happens. In the end, Drew Brees doesn't have s*** to do with Bo and Bo don't have diddly to do with Drew Brees.
So basically, according to your Denver ilk, any qb who's accurate coming out of college could be a more athletic Drew Brees.

There must be a ton of Drew Brees's in the league.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:19 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Zierlein's comp is Tony Romo, and he had him as a 2nd rounder, so that's obviously a ceiling comp.

Congrats I guess?
The round projection doesn’t match the glowing write up (or the grade) he made for him. He graded Nix higher than Penix, but Penix has a round projection of 1st-2nd, and McCarthy has a 1st round grade, but his grade is only .01 points higher than Nix’s. His comps are most likely how the players play stylistically, not ceiling, because he comped Caleb to Kyler Murray.

Zierlein’s draft profile for Nix:

Spoiler!

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bo-nix...e-fc1a8b4f4942
[Reply]
staylor26 11:24 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The round projection doesn’t match the glowing write up (or the grade) he made for him. He graded Nix higher than Penix, but Penix has a round projection of 1st-2nd, and McCarthy has a 1st round grade, but his grade is only .01 points higher than Nix’s. His comps are most likely how the players play stylistically, not ceiling, because he comped Caleb to Kyler Murray.

Zierlein’s draft profile for Nix:

Spoiler!

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bo-nix...e-fc1a8b4f4942
The mental gymnastics are priceless :-)

The difference in the round projections are clearly related to upside. Even the people that like Nix in the draft community aren't making insane comparisons like "more mobile Drew Brees".

Nix is what he is, even if you like him as a prospect.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:26 AM 05-03-2024
So basically, according to your Denver ilk, any qb who's accurate coming out of college could be a more athletic Drew Brees.

There must be a ton of Drew Brees's in the league.
Bo Nix set the NCAA single season record for completion percentage.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:27 AM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Bo Nix set the NCAA single season record for completion percentage.
Alex Smith applauds that accomplishment.
[Reply]
Page 4853 of 4897
« First < 3853435347534803484348494850485148524853 48544855485648574863 > Last »
Up