ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 3903
« First < 61111151157158159160161 1621631641651712112616611161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 10:56 AM 03-12-2020
Kansas announces three new coronavirus cases, all in Johnson County

Health officials said the cases involve male individuals who traveled to a Florida conference.

Johnson County was also the site of the state’s first case, a Johnson County woman under 50, which was announced on Saturday. Officials said the case was unrelated to those announced Thursday.

Officials said the woman had traveled to the northeast United States and had done “everything right” when she returned to prevent the spread of the illness. On Monday, officials at the University of Kansas Hospital said that she was doing well.

Also on Saturday, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson announced the state’s first positive case of COVID-19, which was reported in St. Louis County.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 10:56 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
Originally Posted by :
Jacob left the trade show on Feb 17th, and became ill on Feb 25–26. We figured it was the same thing his boss had, so he stayed home and planned to take a day or two extra to get better before returning to work. We made jokes about the coronavirus, laughing that maybe he has the coors-virus or bud-light-virus, thinking it wasn’t serious.
Each day he got a little worse. Started with a dry cough, mild fever… he said it felt like there was phlegm building up in his chest but it wasn’t coming loose yet (no productive coughing). Then the sore throat started. We loaded up on soup, Jell-O, sprite, cough drops and throat spray, but nothing seemed to help.
His throat got progressively worse and worse that he was no longer able to sleep as simply breathing was painful. At the same time, the dry cough was getting worse. He would cough so hard he would vomit and get bloody noses. He spent 3 days only being able to sleep about 45 min at a time before coughing/pain woke him up, and 2 days not being able to eat anything solid (broth only) so we took him to Urgent Care on Sunday March 1st (day 5 of being sick).
Urgent care tested him for strep throat (negative), then waived us off and said it was probably just pharyngitis. They only asked us about recent international travel, nothing about traveling stateside. They gave us a bottle of liquid Lidocaine to mix with liquid Benadryl and gargle. It didn’t touch the pain at all, but did make his mouth numb. He said his throat felt like hamburger meat, and could feel how raw it was at the back of his mouth. They only asked us about recent international travel, nothing about traveling stateside.
He was getting worse every hour and I’d never seen him in so much pain and I was so pissed because they wouldn’t even give him codeine cough syrup, so I made an appointment at our doctors office with whoever was available asap (March 2, day 6 of being sick).
I wasn’t able to go with him to the appointment, but I wrote a quick note about his symptoms for his appointment check in online, and I wrote up a list of all the other information for him to share with the doctor because talking hurt, and he was so out of it from sleep deprivation he couldn’t keep track of it all.
The office saw my appointment note and apparently almost tackled him to get a mask on him as soon as he walked in the door. He met with the nurse in the exam room and went over his travel history and symptoms, then went to get the doctor. He was left to sit in the exam room for 45 minutes before the doctor showed up… because she had been on the phone with the state epidemiologist for both Arizona and Colorado (we live in CO) about getting him tested for COVID-19. All of that was before she even saw him. She then tested him for mono, flu A and flu B, and a full blood panel to look for bacterial infection, hoping that something else would pop up and we would know it was something else.
After he left, they sterilized his exam room and isolated it for two hours.
On March 4, all tests came back negative for everything.
We were then told he didn’t meet the CDC mandated criteria for COVID-19 testing: he wasn’t hospital-level sick, he hadn’t been in contact with anyone who was KNOWN to be infected, or he hadn’t been to a “high-risk” country. Since he was negative for everything else, but we couldn’t get him tested for COVID-19, our doctor told us to proceed as if he did test positive and told us to self-isolate and take all precautions.
On March 5, the first positive COVID-19 patient was announced in Colorado… NINE days after Jacob first felt sick.
Our doctor had given him codeine cough syrup right away, but it was still about a 4–5 days before he started feeling a lot better. Now we are on day 15/16 and he’s feeling like he just has a regular chest cold… he can eat, drink, and breathe without pain, but he’s coughing up all kinds of lung butter now. And he’s super fatigued. We’ve been together for 7 years and I’ve watched him deadlift almost 300lbs, so he’s a strong dude, but I’ve never seen him sick and down like this before. It has been genuinely scary to watch him struggle to swallow plain water, and wince in pain the whole time.
I haven’t shown any symptoms at all, but our doctor recommended that I work from home for at least 7 days, but my office has told me I need to come in for work unless I am sick. God bless America, right? I’m keeping myself isolated as best I can in my office with the door closed, but I’m terrified I’ll get someone else sick.
There is no way ANYONE in the US has accurate numbers on infected people, because they aren’t testing nearly enough people. I’ve never been a conspiracy nut, but there is so much bad information coming out, I honestly don’t feel like I can trust anyone about this now. I’ve never felt fear and distrust on this level in my life.
Oh, and all the symptoms he’s been showing? They’re “mild”. Apparently even pneumonia is considered “mild” to the CDC, so just prepare for that if you get it.
https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-...ry-61466a56811
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:56 AM 03-12-2020
and then...buy buy buy!
Our only hope is that it is like all other viruses and when it heats up the virus dies out.

Global Warming could be our saving grace XD
[Reply]
Mecca 10:56 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
It's a double edged sword, because when people who are close to retirement lose their entire retirement portfolio who is going to take care of them then?
We already had an issue with the amount of Boomers that are heading into retirement and now we have this on top of it...
[Reply]
Donger 10:57 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Me, neither, but I'm heading out shortly, just in case school is cancelled for a few weeks.

The good thing is that the freeways are dead in LA, which is absolutely freaking bizarre. I've never heard this town so quiet, not after Northridge, really never. It's really, really weird.

The bad thing is that it might be futile, as there's probably been a run on the stores this morning. Costco opens at 10am and I'm heading up shortly but I'm expecting an epic disaster.
Just an FYI, but depending on what you're trying to get, gas stations/convenience stores are the place to go. I filled up yesterday and went inside to check. Plenty of cases of water and tons of hand sanitizer. I guess people just don't think of them that way?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:57 AM 03-12-2020
It's not lost unless you cash out. It'll bounce back you know...
Yeah it might bounce back, but if vaccine is a year off we could be in for a repeat next winter.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:59 AM 03-12-2020
It's not lost unless you cash out. It'll bounce back you know...
Yeah but how long is that going to take?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:00 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Depends, it could be as early as this summer depending on the virus's actions. If when it heats up the infections per a day drop I could see the economy rebounding. But full recovery is going to take years.

Add in the OPEC pissing match, its starting to get dangerous economically.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:01 AM 03-12-2020
Why? Teams don't need to meet with big time players during Free Agency.

Everything is negotiated by their agents and front office people from the teams.

They can do everything over video chat.

Yes but unless I am mistaken in order for a contract to be valid they have to pass a team physical.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:02 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yes but unless I am mistaken in order for a contract to be valid they have to pass a team physical.
CoronaVirus testing will be the new thing to add to the physical
[Reply]
loochy 11:02 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
https://medium.com/@cdmj/a-colorado-...ry-61466a56811

Cool, thanks. I hope I can find more to see if this is typical.
[Reply]
loochy 11:03 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

My guess is 6 months.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:05 AM 03-12-2020
My guess is 6 months.
That my best case
[Reply]
loochy 11:08 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
That my best case

Not that all of the virus will be gone by 6 months, but it will start to feel normal enough that the freakouts will stop and prices will start to move back up
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 03-12-2020
Me, neither, but I'm heading out shortly, just in case school is cancelled for a few weeks.

The good thing is that the freeways are dead in LA, which is absolutely freaking bizarre. I've never heard this town so quiet, not after Northridge, really never. It's really, really weird.

The bad thing is that it might be futile, as there's probably been a run on the stores this morning. Costco opens at 10am and I'm heading up shortly but I'm expecting an epic disaster.
I’m heading out after work to stock up. Nothing with schools and sports here....yet.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 3903
« First < 61111151157158159160161 1621631641651712112616611161 > Last »
Up