ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Okay, so WHAT exactly is so goddamn great about the 2018 QB class?
RealSNR 08:57 AM 04-09-2017
I see a loooooot of question marks here. A bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th rounders in THIS draft class if they declared this year. A bunch of these dudes are so young they might not even declare for the draft. And finally, we got a bunch of spread QBs who.... [gasp!]... need time to acclimate to an NFL pro style offense and develop the footwork and timing of taking snaps under center.

I see Sam Darnold. That's great. There's your #1 overall. IF HE FUCKING DECLARES, THAT IS. I see Josh Rosen, who looked good in 2015 but could wind up as another Christian Hackenburg who never puts it all together. And I see a bunch of dried cum with question marks, JUST LIKE THIS QB DRAFT CLASS.

Here's how Walter Football has them ranked:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Luke Falk, Washington State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
6. Nick Fitzgerald, Mississippi State
7. Chase Litton, Marshall
8. Riley Ferguson, Memphis

COULD this be an awesome and deep draft class for QBs? Yes, absoutely. No question about it. But guess what. There's an equal chance that this QB class flames out and looks just as bad as the 2013 class, particularly if Sam Darnold doesn't declare.

People who bitch about the 2017 class don't fucking get it. They think if there's no true top end QB, that means they all suck. What do the Chiefs fucking care about the quality of the top guys in a given QB draft class? We're not going to be in a position to draft them!

Again, let me say this slowly, so the retards and assholes can hear me:

In ANY GIVEN DRAFT CLASS, the top QB prospects with the best resumes and attributes are irrelevant to the QB draft needs of the Chiefs. The Chiefs have zero shot at picking any of them. The worst teams with the biggest QB needs will draft all of these players before Dorsey can even begin to pick up the goddamn phone to call and move up.

Tell me what we gain from NOT drafting a QB in 2017 so we can draft Josh Allen, Jarrett Stidham, or Chase fucking Litton in 2018, a FULL YEAR LONGER where Alex Smith is the only fucking thing we have at QB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Who gives a fuck what Jaws says? He's not a personnel guy or a coach. Just a former player/talking head.
Clay is going to come back with the "he really liked Prescott last year" excuse.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Clay is going to come back with the "he really liked Prescott last year" excuse.
And I would reply that so did a few of us on CP.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:35 AM 04-12-2017
Who gives a **** what Jaws says? He's not a personnel guy or a coach. Just a former player/talking head.
Originally Posted by :
This year, the scout, who has been in the NFL for decades, believes the draft is among the more top-heavy he's been around. The number of impact players is small, because, in his words, "this is a weak quarterback and skill-position draft."

The scout also feels that there are no true first-round quarterbacks in this draft. But because teams are so desperate they will reach, and that need to grasp at a QB will be the main story emerging from this draft.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mming-national
[Reply]
staylor26 10:37 AM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Ok now this no named scout, he's legit! That guys knows his shit.

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:48 AM 04-12-2017
Who says we cant pick top 15 next year? Tyler Bray is the back up for a 33 year old QB
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:23 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
You shut up, Alex-lover!!!! You draft QB in rd 1, rd 2, AND round 3. Screw BPA. You keep drafting 3 per yr until you get one that can throw it deep and has the balls to tell Andy to shove the short passing up his fat ass.

We need a QB. We can get a guy with a high ceiling easily in the 1st round this year. We can afford to have him sit for a year. High ceiling + sitting for a year = the best combination you can generally hope for in this inexact science of developing QBs. Again, NOTHING is guaranteed. Andrew Luck isn't guaranteed, either. But from the perspective of the Chiefs, this is as good as anything we can get.

I'm asking are the QBs that will be available to us REALLY be that much better next year? Can they start immediately? If we're waiting a year on a 2018 QB, how is that any better than waiting a year on a 2017 QB?

Now get a sunnier attitude or I'll send rico in here to mock you!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:41 PM 04-12-2017
Ok now this no named scout, he's legit! That guys knows his shit.

Andrew Brandt said that he's heard the same thing from people around the league, and he has a lot of contacts from multiple teams because of his time in GB/Philly.

He talks about the QB's in the draft at the 7:20 mark.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:44 PM 04-12-2017
Andrew Brandt said that he's heard the same thing from people around the league, and he has a lot of contacts from multiple teams because of his time in GB/Philly.

He talks about the QB's in the draft at the 7:20 mark.
Paxton Lynch wasn't a "1st round QB" either if they're saying none of these guys are. I mean, I know at least a few talking heads/unnamed sources said the same thing about him too last year

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:49 PM 04-12-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We need a QB. We can get a guy with a high ceiling easily in the 1st round this year. We can afford to have him sit for a year. High ceiling + sitting for a year = the best combination you can generally hope for in this inexact science of developing QBs. Again, NOTHING is guaranteed. Andrew Luck isn't guaranteed, either. But from the perspective of the Chiefs, this is as good as anything we can get.

I'm asking are the QBs that will be available to us REALLY be that much better next year? Can they start immediately? If we're waiting a year on a 2018 QB, how is that any better than waiting a year on a 2017 QB?

They were talking about it on Sirius radio at lunch today. They said that it's hard to pick a QB that's going to succeed but it's monumentally harder to not pick one this year with the excuse that "we'll pick one next year". You don't know what's going to happen in the way of injuries or what teams are going to picking ahead of you.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:33 PM 04-12-2017
Paxton Lynch sucks monkey nuts/ anybody who follows football
[Reply]
rico 07:33 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

That's right, Sandy...

While I'm at it though, I probably should mock him. I predict that Sandy is a possible 7th, probable UDFA in the 2017 NFL Assistant to the Waterboy Draft. I can see Denver selecting him with the last overall pick, making him Mr. Irrelevant...Mr. Irrelevant of the assistants to the waterboys of 2017.

Probably UDFA though.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:20 AM 04-13-2017
Next year is always the best year to draft a QB....

Give me a fuckin break. For starters, I doubt Darnold declares as a true sophomore. I went over most of the rest of these once before. Same as it's ever been. Meanwhile, we'll trade picks for the next broke dick castoff.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:26 AM 04-13-2017
People need to remember the tale of Matt Barkley.

Won at Ohio State as a Freshman and continued to look good as a Sophomore and everyone was saying he would be a franchise QB when he declared for the draft.

Then look at what happened..
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:33 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
People need to remember the tale of Matt Barkley.

Won at Ohio State as a Freshman and continued to look good as a Sophomore and everyone was saying he would be a franchise QB when he declared for the draft.

Then look at what happened..
You have your schools wrong
Darnold and Barkley are much different quarterbacks
[Reply]
kccrow 09:03 AM 04-13-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
You have your schools wrong
Darnold and Barkley are much different quarterbacks
Where does he get the school wrong, or even state it for that matter? Matt Barkley won @ OSU his freshman year, which is true. USC beat OSU 18 to 15.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up