Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
bdj23 09:19 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The 2 and 3 hitters plus the bullpen management will doom what should be a pretty good team.
Waino and Wacha will do more to hurt this team than Pham will.v:-)

But we get it, you hate Pham.
[Reply]
VAChief 10:50 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Not a chance of Carp batting 7/8.
His back may be hurting more than he and the team are letting on. If thats true, that means its not going to get better.
How many plays a year does an "arm" make a difference at 3B? Usually the best at 3B are the best because they gloved a ball or got to one that others couldn't. But, thats still not his strength.
I dont know if he had "big" value but he had some. He needs to bat leadoff tonight. We dont need stats or WAR. We all can see it, for whatever reason, if you put Carp at leadoff he will give you a season of .285/12/70 and a OPS of near .400. We have enough data. We have seen enough. You want that line, put him in the leadoff spot.

We need a #3 hitter. 3B is the obvious spot unless as part of the trade we open up a spot or get a SS and slide DeJong over to 3B.

With our young pitching and a solid #3 hitter we can beat the Cubs and win playoff games.
Batting lead off is not going to fix his health. His arm will play more than you think I have seen at least 3 throws that were beat because he couldn't get enough on them that Gyroko would have made.

I hope he starts to become his old line drive doubles monster, but he looks right now like a hitter on the decline (or just not healthy). Either way he is hurting your lineup at the top. I'm not expecting them to move him down, but I would. If he is still sitting below the mendoza line with a .333 OBP you better do something.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:53 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Batting lead off is not going to fix his health. His arm will play more than you think I have seen at least 3 throws that were beat because he couldn't get enough on them that Gyroko would have made.

I hope he starts to become his old line drive doubles monster, but he looks right now like a hitter on the decline (or just not healthy). Either way he is hurting your lineup at the top. I'm not expecting them to move him down, but I would. If he is still sitting below the mendoza line with a .333 OBP you better do something.
He will be out of the 3 hole in the next couple of weeks, where he ends up? I'm sure Matheny will move him to lead off to see if he starts hitting again but then where do you put Fowler? Hitting 7th?
[Reply]
VAChief 11:19 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The 2 and 3 hitters plus the bullpen management will doom what should be a pretty good team.
What more do you want out of #2?

Hitting, .322, getting on base at. .429, OBP, .903 OPS...is quite a drain on our offense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He will be out of the 3 hole in the next couple of weeks, where he ends up? I'm sure Matheny will move him to lead off to see if he starts hitting again but then where do you put Fowler? Hitting 7th?
Put Carp in the 6 hole.

Fowler
Pham
Ozuna
Martinez
Yadi
Carp
DeJong
Wong

Then once they bring in Manny to play short and I pay off a hooker to bite PGM's dick off, move DeJong to 3rd and let Manny hit thire
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:44 AM 04-16-2018
Jedd and Gregorson activated today, hopefully this means a DL stint for Carp
[Reply]
VAChief 11:59 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Put Carp in the 6 hole.

Fowler
Pham
Ozuna
Martinez
Yadi
Carp
DeJong
Wong

Then once they bring in Manny to play short and I pay off a hooker to bite PGM's dick off, move DeJong to 3rd and let Manny hit thire
If you bring in Manny, let Gyorko stay at 3rd and put DeJong at 2B.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:59 AM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
yes, please.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 12:40 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Never saw the corresponding move... with the game canceled today will we even know until tomorrow?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:07 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Never saw the corresponding move... with the game canceled today will we even know until tomorrow?
Muņoz and Mayers were optioned to Memphis.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:22 PM 04-16-2018
Are the days of worrying about whether you have a righty/lefty balance in your line up gone? Unless you have some weird split imbalance why worry about it. I thought about this when the Royals retreads (Hosmer and Moustakas) primarily because they brought a left handed bat. I will still take a righty with an .830 OPS over a lefty that has a .760.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 01:30 PM 04-16-2018
Cardinals OF prospect Tyler O'Neill hit two more homers on Monday for Triple-A Memphis.
O'Neill now has six homers on the season, and his OPS has ballooned to 1.388 on the 2018 campaign. The former Seattle Mariner prospect has immense talent, and it appears he's putting things together. His lack of patience could hurt him if/when he's promoted, but there's no denying that O'Neill is white-hot with the bat, and he could help St. Louis this year if they find a way to get his stick into the lineup.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:39 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Cardinals OF prospect Tyler O'Neill hit two more homers on Monday for Triple-A Memphis.
O'Neill now has six homers on the season, and his OPS has ballooned to 1.388 on the 2018 campaign. The former Seattle Mariner prospect has immense talent, and it appears he's putting things together. His lack of patience could hurt him if/when he's promoted, but there's no denying that O'Neill is white-hot with the bat, and he could help St. Louis this year if they find a way to get his stick into the lineup.
Just bench Pham! /PGM
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:43 PM 04-16-2018
O'Neill has the potential to be a monster, he could also turn in to Rob Deer if he doesn't quit striking out so much.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 04-16-2018
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
is he the real deal? A potential #3 hitter? Why, how could the Jays been so wrong about their evaluations?
[Reply]
Page 44 of 301
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up