ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Carolina Panthers radio guy fired for supporting Trump
Pogue 02:00 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by :
The NFLís Carolina Panthers pushed out one of its Spanish-language broadcasters because of his personal support for President Donald Trump, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Luis Moreno Jr., 42, had served with his uncle Jaime Moreno as the play-by-play radio announcer since 2010.

The pair were known internationally for their energetic calls of exciting plays by Panthers players.
Originally Posted by :
Moreno Jr. emigrated from Mexico at 14 years old, and he became an American citizen in August.
Originally Posted by :
He said he did not dig into politics before the spring lockdowns, but he had newfound time because of the stay-at-home orders.

After researching American politics online, he ďfound out that there are a lot of things that are happening that I wasnít aware of that make me support [Trump],Ē he told the Observer.

Moreno tweeted a post in support of Trump from his private Twitter page in April.

This prompted Eric Fiddleman, who manages radio and television for the Panthers, to contact him and request that he remove references to the Panthers from his account.
https://headlineusa.com/nfl-teams-sp...porting-trump/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:04 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
How are the lawyers not just swarming all these illegal firings?
He was an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, NOT AN EMPLOYEE.

Learn how to read.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:05 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
As for the guy in the story, heís probably making significantly less than that 45k average that you say, given itís a Spanish broadcast. The guy is also bartender trying to make ends meet, for crying out loud.
Complete and utter speculation with zero proof.

I know that's the way YOU roll but I do not.

I gave the statistic. I work in the Entertainment Business, so none of this is foreign to me.

What do YOU do for a living that makes you an expert in this field?
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:25 PM 09-15-2020
The takeaway regardless of the thread title, don’t mix politics and work.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:37 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
The takeaway regardless of the thread title, donít mix politics and work.
How is that the takeaway? He wasn't mixing politics and work.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:42 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How is that the takeaway? He wasn't mixing politics and work.
I'll never understand why anyone uses social media to express their views about anything, especially in today's climate.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:43 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll never understand why anyone uses social media to express their views about anything, especially in today's climate.
Pretty much. I do on occasion but mostly I'm there to talk to family members and talk about music.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 08:47 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How is that the takeaway? He wasn't mixing politics and work.
For me it is just another reminder.

True, the work came looking for his politics and not the other way around. But that didnít necessarily seem to matter regarding his contractor status.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:47 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

It's clearly obvious that you've never worked as an independent contractor before because the next job or project is NEVER guaranteed.
^^^^

This statement is the dead solid truth.

If I landed every job I was "supposed" to....:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 08:47 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Calm down, Liberace. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
ta900 08:48 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How is that the takeaway? He wasn't mixing politics and work.
No shit, it's sad that supporting the president on your own personal page can put your job in jeopardy. The ever tolerant liberal douchebags strike again. Will be funny when they scream at the sky again later this year. Unfortunately, can't even say election night because of the democrats craziness.
[Reply]
ta900 08:50 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'll never understand why anyone uses social media to express their views about anything, especially in today's climate.
I think you mean conservative, if you were being honest. Dems or liberal points of view pretty much get a pass, for the same things conservatives and trump supporters get skewered for.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:12 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
For me it is just another reminder.

True, the work came looking for his politics and not the other way around. But that didnít necessarily seem to matter regarding his contractor status.
Why should a man have to fear that holding political views that are not violently radical, and discussing them outside of work, will cost him his job?
[Reply]
Pogue 09:55 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Complete and utter speculation with zero proof.

I know that's the way YOU roll but I do not.

I gave the statistic. I work in the Entertainment Business, so none of this is foreign to me.

What do YOU do for a living that makes you an expert in this field?
Nobody cares if you work in the entertainment business.

You gave a statistic that was irrelevant to the specific position. Which was being an announcer for the spanish radio broadcast. That is why I asked if you think mnf announcers on ESPN make the same amount as the ESPN deportes announcers. Which you didnít answer because you know they get paid significantly less. So that 45k averaged salary you are throwing around, probably isnít close to being accurate for the person in the article.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:59 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No. The cultural ramifications of a dishonest media and TDS have led to absolute insanity across our nation.

You're getting another one of these. Daddy is home and you WILL be spanked.

He's a bald-faced LIAR. He's admitted before that he's a Maoist communist. That is the anthethesis of a liberal. There no real liberals in the Democrat party anymore. They're fascist/socialist/communists who don't believe in borders, national sovereignty but rank international agencies governing over us.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:09 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The thread title isnít false.
You said he was fired. He was not fired. Therefore, your statement that he was fired is false.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up