ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 50
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>CDC admits they exaggerated the COVID-19 death count by 1600%
Hammock Parties 09:36 PM 08-29-2020
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...#Comorbidities

Originally Posted by :
The CDC just admitted that of 154,503 people who have died from COVID-19, only six percent, or roughly 9,210 have actually died from the virus.

CDC revises its numbers. 6% of deaths due to Covid19. 94% of cases involved 2-3 comorbidities and advanced age. That means there were 9,210 covid deaths. We’re crushing our kids, our economy and people’s livelihoods. ⁦@GovMikeDeWine⁩ is to blame. pic.twitter.com/aBb2XOXdpG

— Robin Baxter (@robin_baxter) August 30, 2020

[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:54 PM 08-30-2020
This is great news!

Americans as a whole are incredibly fit and healthy. Our obesity rates are at historic lows, diabetes is almost non existent, and we havent had any smokers in 4 generations.

And with our excellent preventive care, numerous other diseases and conditions are rare.

Our diets are healthy. We work out.

Yup, the vast majority of americans are perfectly healthy and thus is this great news. The majority of us have nothing to worry about.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:00 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
It's really perverse to audit these death numbers and try to decide which is "worthy", but if you want to go down that road the vast majority of deaths that occurred where the victim would have lived another 10+ years without being exposed to the virus occurred in those who were under 75. And that's tens of thousands of people.
Who said anything about "worthy"? What kind of criteria is that anyway when talking about a disease? Is this a contest?

Here's a simple fact: people over the age of 70 don't have the best immune systems or general health. Coincidentally they don't tend to live long after 70-75 years of age. Some will, sure. But the vast majority of people over that age won't, for any number of ill-health related reasons.

For instance, all of my grandparents have passed, one from a congenital condition, two from complications with pneumonia, and one was killed by the Japanese during the occupation.

Now three of them died because they were over 80 and they had health problems. In other words, if they'd been say 55-65 they probably wouldn't have died of pneumonia.

Now I haven't looked at all the numbers globally, and I'm not going to either. What I have seen strongly suggests that senior citizens with prior health issues comprise the vast majority of deaths linked to COVID-19. And let's just be honest: people over the age of 70 just get sick more than people that are younger. And they have more trouble fighting off any illness. In fact, IIRC, a large percentage of our senior citizens do die of complications due to the flu or some other common illness, isn't that right?

And people under the age of 55 or whatever are much less likely to die of this bug, right?

Are these the facts or not? Yes, they are.

Every single year 30,000-60,000+ Americans die of the flu. Wanna guess how many of those people are over the age of 70? Because I'm pretty sure most of them aren't 50 and under . . .

Point being that even if COVID-19 never existed, many of those people would've passed over the next ten years of something else health-related. Some other disease/illness would've probably gotten them. Because they're old and their bodies simply don't fight off infection very well anymore.

So don't give me this nonsense about "the vast majority of deaths that occurred where the victim would have lived another 10+ years without being exposed to the virus . . ." You don't have a clue how long any of those people would've lived, much less that they would've definitely lived another 10+ years.
[Reply]
Donger 02:04 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So don't give me this nonsense about "the vast majority of deaths that occurred where the victim would have lived another 10+ years without being exposed to the virus . . ." You don't have a clue how long any of those people would've lived, much less that they would've definitely lived another 10+ years.
That's true, but we do know that this year, they died because they contracted COVID-19.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:06 PM 08-30-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
That's true, but we do know that this year, they died because they contracted COVID-19.
Do you deny that even if there was no COVID that many of them, maybe even most of them, probably would've simply died of something else?
[Reply]
Donger 02:07 PM 08-30-2020
Do you deny that even if there was no COVID that many of them, maybe even most of them, probably would've simply died of something else?
That's not quantifiable. But, no. Not most. Some is more accurate.

You've seen the excess death figures which Fish posted, yes?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:16 PM 08-30-2020
That's not quantifiable. But, no. Not most. Some is more accurate.

You've seen the excess death figures which Fish posted, yes?
I didn't study it, but I saw it. The year's not over, and compared to some years this year probably won't be that unusual either. The fact is that the actual total can vary quite a bit from year to year.

And you're attempting to confuse the issue now. "Some." When we're talking about hundreds of thousands, "some" might be tens of thousands.
[Reply]
Donger 02:17 PM 08-30-2020
I didn't study it, but I saw it. The year's not over, and compared to some years this year probably won't be that unusual either. The fact is that the actual total can vary quite a bit from year to year.

And you're attempting to confuse the issue now. "Some." When we're talking about hundreds of thousands, "some" might be tens of thousands.
Yes, it will most likely get worse, since we are still seeing 40,000 new cases/day.

No, I'm attempting anything. I'm giving you my opinion, based on the excess death data.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:20 PM 08-30-2020
Yes, it will most likely get worse, since we are still seeing 40,000 new cases/day.

No, I'm attempting anything. I'm giving you my opinion, based on the excess death data.
So you're willing to admit that by "some" you meant it could be tens of thousands or even more than 100,000? Or did you want everyone to think you meant "10 or 20"?
[Reply]
Donger 02:21 PM 08-30-2020
So you're willing to admit that by "some" you meant it could be tens of thousands or even more than 100,000? Or did you want everyone to think you meant "10 or 20"?
Like I said, it can't be quantified. But if you insist, I'd guess a few thousand.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:25 PM 08-30-2020
So we've got 40,000 cases/day. But now we know that the actual morbidity rate isn't what we were first led to believe (btw, isn't it true that there's a significant margin for error with our testing right now, like +/- 5% or something? So some of the 'positives' aren't really positive at all are they?)

And then if we subtract many of those people that really died because they had multiple serious health issues, like cancer or respiratory disease, then what are we really talking about?
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:26 PM 08-30-2020
Like I said, it can't be quantified. But if you insist, I'd guess a few thousand.
So a couple more than "some." Got it.
[Reply]
Donger 02:28 PM 08-30-2020
So a couple more than "some." Got it.
Well, it's only killed 2,000 total, right?
[Reply]
Donger 02:30 PM 08-30-2020
So we've got 40,000 cases/day. But now we know that the actual morbidity rate isn't what we were first led to believe (btw, isn't it true that there's a significant margin for error with our testing right now, like +/- 5% or something? So some of the 'positives' aren't really positive at all are they?)

And then if we subtract many of those people that really died because they had multiple serious health issues, like cancer or respiratory disease, then what are we really talking about?
Yes, it seems to be becoming less lethal than it was when it first hit, which is good. We don't truly know why. We do know that younger people are being infected at higher rates that previously, and we know that the virus is less lethal to younger people.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:31 PM 08-30-2020
Well, it's only killed 2,000 total, right?
Where did I say "2,000"? I don't think I ever typed that number in relation to this discussion.
[Reply]
Donger 02:36 PM 08-30-2020
Where did I say "2,000"? I don't think I ever typed that number in relation to this discussion.
Are you alright? You already asked this, and I already provided you with your quote.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 50
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up